Sea of Cortez Cruises......Help?

sail7seas

I have enjoyed so many of your posts. It would be great fun to meet you on March 13th! We are booked and so ready for this cruise. Our main reason was the Copper Canyon excursion. It appears to be a challenge, however, one we are willing to take on. We nearly did the CC trip w/Elderhostel. While you may dread flying, I dread on and off bus rides dragging my luggage behind me. The cost wasn't much less than the cruise....let me see??? fly to San Diego or ride the bus?? Oh yes, that was a tough one.:)

I'll keep watch on this thread and hope to hear good news from you.

Blessings,

Gail

I've really enjoyed watching this thread. We are booked for our first Sea of Cortez Cruise in early March. I'd been pouting because it seems so far off - but with all this chatter, I feel like I'm on my way already. Special thanks to the man with the badge for sharing so many details. Lets see .... this is October. Still five months to anticipate.

Hey Donna; it's fun to anticipate. You're gonna really like that Sea of Cortez cruise, I know you will:) Plus you can keep an eye on Ryndam because we'll be on it and the exact same cruise ten days after you get off it. Hope you'll have Frans Consen as your captain; that guy is a blast on his RRRRRRRRRRRRyndam! ;)

I have enjoyed so many of your posts. It would be great fun to meet you on March 13th! We are booked and so ready for this cruise. Our main reason was the Copper Canyon excursion. It appears to be a challenge, however, one we are willing to take on. We nearly did the CC trip w/Elderhostel. While you may dread flying, I dread on and off bus rides dragging my luggage behind me. The cost wasn't much less than the cruise....let me see??? fly to San Diego or ride the bus?? Oh yes, that was a tough one.:)

I'll keep watch on this thread and hope to hear good news from you.

Blessings,

Gail

Gail......

Thank you. That date might actually work for us. Now that I have this idea forming, who knows??? We just might end on the same 'dam' ship at the same time. Would a fun and I'd enjoy it.

---------------------------------

Hey Vic.....Thanks for the 'babe' business. ;) Not sure it applies, but thanks anyway. :D

Hi Sail,

We're home.

I saw this post and i'm also interested in this itinerary. We saw the beautiful Ryndam in Ketchikan and asked about this itinerary. We got some mixed reviews between the Mexican Riviera and Sea of Cortez cruises. Some folks didn't like the ports that more resembled "border towns" than resort areas. I don't know much about the area either but we are thinking about it.

Please keep us informed about your thinking process and your decision.

GN

GN.....I definitely will say here if we decide to book it. We'd love if you and Chuck were on the same cruise. It would be wonderful to sail with you again.

I know you retired........ Still at the same e-mail? I know you retired?

I have an alternative address I put out here on the board-------

sail7seas7 at .yahoo.com

Hi Sail,

We're home.

I saw this post and i'm also interested in this itinerary. We saw the beautiful Ryndam in Ketchikan and asked about this itinerary. We got some mixed reviews between the Mexican Riviera and Sea of Cortez cruises. Some folks didn't like the ports that more resembled "border towns" than resort areas. I don't know much about the area either but we are thinking about it.

Please keep us informed about your thinking process and your decision.

GN

Hi GN, info only; don't know who gave you your reviews but those three Sea of Cortez towns are most definitely not "resort areas". They're not border towns either in the sense of something like Tijuana:eek: They can be best described as sleepy, slow "back in Mexico's past" towns with friendly people that want to mind their own business. You won't find any souvenier pushers, no native kids hanging on your sleeves trying to sell Chickletts, no Papa's & Beer "drink 'till you puke and make an a$$ out of yourself" bars, not a lot of vehicular traffic, no neon lights, no hustle and bustle of the big cities, siesta time in the afternoon, a local restaurant here and there, etc etc. just nice places to take a leisurely stroll and look around.

Guys, this has been a great thread because I booked the Sea of Cortez cruise last Thursday. That Copper Canyon train ride looks like a hoot. However, we have to wait 13 MONTHS because the sail date is 10/31/07. Had to book that far out to accumulate vacation and $$$. Will sailing at that time of year tempt the gods of the sea to send a hurricane our way? DH and I like to feel the ocean, but........

Guys, this has been a great thread because I booked the Sea of Cortez cruise last Thursday. That Copper Canyon train ride looks like a hoot. However, we have to wait 13 MONTHS because the sail date is 10/31/07. Had to book that far out to accumulate vacation and $$$. Will sailing at that time of year tempt the gods of the sea to send a hurricane our way? DH and I like to feel the ocean, but........

Good for you Mrs Muir! You'll have a great time!! I think you'll be OK in regards to hurricanes. Officialy you'll have about a month left of hurricane season but it's starting to drop off in November. We had to out run two hurricanes off Mexico's Pacific coast once but they were in early September and early-to-mid October

Archived