Live From The Crown Princess Sept 30 Sailing

TorontoTL

We have our CC meeting today in the Skywalkers lounge at 10 am and a FOD meeting booked for 130 pm in the Wheelhouse Bar. No other plans so far for this day at sea. We'll just play it by ear.

TorontoTL,

I read on your roll call board, you were emailing the CD to set up the FOD meeting. I will be on the 10/27 repositioning sailing and would like to send the CD a email requesting one. Where did you get his/her's email? If you have it would you please share. Thanks. Enjoy your cruise!!

my husband and I were on our way yesterday to Atlantic City on the BQE and saw your ship in port.....it looked awesome to us....although we could not really tell which ship it was.......didn't think it was the Crown....but now we know......it is a beautiful ship and we had a wonderful cruise on the infamous 7/11 cruise.....sad that it had to send the way it did........enjoy your cruise.

bjcanady,

Thanks for your reply. We always enjoy the musicans on Princess.

We especially enjoyed Maurizio.

IU grad. Loved Indiana

Ditto.........we didn't know Maurizo was going to be on board when we went, had been awhile since we had sailed with him......was a very nice surprise.

Hi Toronto - Did they put the duvet's in inside/balcony cabins on the Crown? I am not a fan of the comforters they have in the regular cabins on other ships and often bring my own blanket when not in a minisuite. IF they did - that would be wonderful.

Hi Theresa! Yes Princess has put the lovely duvets and upgraded sheets in all cabins. My understanding is that they are going to go fleetwide with upgraded sheets and duvets just like the ones in the minisuites and suites. The only thing missing is the upgraded mattresses and pillow menu, otherwise it would be the same as the minis.

TorontoTL,

I read on your roll call board, you were emailing the CD to set up the FOD meeting. I will be on the 10/27 repositioning sailing and would like to send the CD a email requesting one. Where did you get his/her's email? If you have it would you please share. Thanks. Enjoy your cruise!!

To email a CD just put something like "for the Cruise Director" in your title. Email the ship by emailing Crownprincess@princesscruises.com. They did a hosted party for us today in the Wheelhouse Bar. It was well attended with about 30-40 of us there and they provided free sparkling wine.

Having a wonderful day at sea. It was surprisingly warm and humid today outside so the pool areas were hopping. We had a great turnout for our CC get together in Skywalkers. They put signage up to indicate our group was using the bar and provided crunchy dry snacks. They also had a few bar waiters there to serve drinks. Hopefully in the future Princess will consider doing more for CC groups.....they should have sent the photographer to takes video and photos at the very least. Anyhow, we had a great turnout with at least 50 - 60 people showing up. Very fun group of people who will get together again in two days while in Grand Turk at Margaritaville. Tom got a bottle of champagne for posting the 4000th post on our roll call. Al provided each of us with personalized M&M's with Oogie's Crew printed on them. Christina made over 150 buttons for each of us to wear with Oogie's Crew on it.

Had lunch at the International Cafe which starts lunch at 1200 noon. They had a great selection of panini sandwhiches and salads. I had a wonderful arugula and mushroom salad, a shrimp salad with big shrimp and a chicken salad. All washed down with a nice piece of dark chocolate cake. I have to mention that the easy way to tell which foods are free and which you have to pay for. Other than the gelatos, if it is in a vertical tall display cabinet, then you have to pay for it. If it is in a horizontal shorter display cabinet, then it is free. Most of it is free. The selection of pasteries and cakes is outstanding and delicious so far.

Spent the afternoon at the gym on the treadmill which was surprisingly quiet. Then relaxed in the steamroom and hot tub. Looking forward to our first formal night in less than one hour. As I type they are starting the Captain's Welcome cocktail party in the Piazza. Looking forward to another nice dinner on the marvelous Crown Princess....be back later.

TorontoTL,

whats a fod meeting?

Second beautiful day at sea. Last night had a wonderful dinner again in the DaVinci dining room. Generoso the Maitre D'Hotel came to pay a visit to our table. We felt very honoured that he would do that. He is a nice person and did get us a great table for four as he promised and it is at a window and in a quiet spot. It pays off to see the Maitre D'Hotel on the first day if you want to have set dining. Dinner was excellent as always, I had the smoked duck as an appetizer and the cold yoghourt taramind soup and for the main course the crawfish. The nutella ice cream is new to me and really wonderful. I also had the chocolate hazelnut souffle which was to die for as always. The show last night was Destination Anywhere and was really really great. The singers were excellent and the dancing was well choreographed and well done.

Today had breakfast with a nice couple from Tennesee from our roll call in the dining room. We had lunch in Vines which was excellent sushi. For those who like sushi it is well worth it. They have a selection of five different sushis each day to choose from. They are one dollar a piece and you get 3 pieces minimum. But they serve it with nice seaweed salad, pickled ginger and caviar. Really nice. One thing they should offer at vines though is green tea to have your sushi with. I walked to the International Cafe across the atrium (not far I know) and ordered a pot of the premium organic green tea which we had with the sushi. I will probably have this again with the sushi at least one other time on this cruise. I finished lunch off with the excellent shrimp salad again from International Cafe.

Off to another FOD meeting soon and then dinner. Tomorrow is Grand Turk, hopefully there will be good weather because the forecast is for rain.:mad: Oh well hoping for the best.

FOD meetings are get togethers for gay and lesbian travellers.

And kudos to Princess for having them regularly on all ships and including “LGBT” in the announcement – making it a little more mainstream, anyway.

Benny, your reports are great but if you keep eating you won’t fit in your grass skirt for the Hawaii trip!! Continue to enjoy and keep us updated.

Benny, thanks for doing a "live from" again. When I first came on CC, it was from reading your Live from the Dawn that got me so addicted to CC. It was very helpful to read beforehand about the Dawn as we were going in April. I'm sure that your 'live" reports from the Crown will help others who are booked to go. I am already thinking about booking on the Crown for next January and look forward to the rest of your" live" reporting as you continue to enjoy your cruise. Keep up your positive attitude and enjoy!

Benny, I have been enjoying your daily reports here. The only problem is I am getting overly excited and don't know if I will make it until it's our turn on the Crown. I look forward to hearing more. I am especially interested in your comments on the shows. We don't usually attend as after awhile they all see to be the same to us. You are getting me into going to them again though.

Anyway, I just really want to say thank you and let you know that your posts here are greatly appreciated. I think I might be a little too selfish to take the time away from enjoying myself to do it. Kudos to you. Okay, maybe when I become a platinum member and have free internet I might. LOL

Big Hug

Linda

Hi everyone, I'm glad that you're enjoying my posts, good to know. Thanks for the feedback. We have been completely enjoying ourselves on this cruise. Things really have been superb. The ship itself really is the most beautiful of all the Princess ships that we have been on. The changes to the Caribbean Princess to transform it into the Crown make it really so different and better in so many ways. One excellent addition is the Adagio Bar. What a great place for a drink. It is located up on the 16th deck next to the new Sabatinis. There is quiet jazz music performed there every night by musicians that creates a wonderful quiet romantic atmosphere that I haven't experienced before on a cruise ship. What a nice place for a chat with friends or your loved one. They have their own drink menu as well as a dessert menu.

One thing that has impressed me has been the staff on this ship. Everyone has been friendly, helpful and hard working. I haven't encountered anyone who wasn't quick with a hello or goodevening. Another thing that has made us feel so at home and welcome is the number of staff who have recognized us from previous sailings. It truly amazes me that they can recall that we've met and on what ship. Princess truly has some wonderful people working for them. And this despite what they went through with the tilt. Despite the trauma of going through that incident they keep smiling and working to kee up happy. And happy we are. I would book another cruise on this ship in a heartbeat. I know many of you are small ship fans, but this ship despite it's size does offer a very personal experience.

Darn windows!!! I had the longest post going and then lost the whole thing. This is why I'm posting in different sections.

Last night we had another wonderful dinner. I have to mention the dessert though. I had this to die for chocolate cake with orange perserves. I'd never had that before on any of my previous cruises. If I had known about that cake I would have skipped the appetizer to have two!!! But Brian wants me to stay slim for my grass skirt for the Hawaii cruise in April, so I better not have seconds on desert. It is hard not to have two desserts though when the waiters Jorge and Nicolai keep bringing us extras to try. I think they believe I'm too skinny and they're trying to fatten me up. Oh well I don't mind them thinking that. I keep burning it off in the gym and going up and down the many many stairs of this tall ship. Oh I forgot to mention a drink in the Adagio bar called the Amalfi Collins...now that was goooooood. I forget what was in it but I do remember lemoncello and amaretto, you must try it.

Archived