Cruise vs resort question

VPGPH

I think people love it because it is a short flight from the US and they can easily go for a few days. It is pretty, the golfing is good, and the British flavour is novel for most Americans. Is this a good synopsis?

We prefer points further south as well because we go in the winter and Bermuda isn't warm enough at that time.

But, as we get older, we find that we are less and less interested in spending day after day at a beach. That is why we have taken to cruising. But now we are getting "cruised out" and we are thinking, in 2008, of more of a sightseeing trip (Argentina, mostly). I can see us, in the future, doing Sicily, or Malta, or South of Spain during the month of March.

I think people love it because it is a short flight from the US and they can easily go for a few days. It is pretty, the golfing is good, and the British flavour is novel for most Americans. Is this a good synopsis?

I think people like it because it is clean, safe and has no poverty. Many are turned off by what they see in the poorer islands and like the fact that Bermuda is predictably "nice", all over the island.

I personally find it bland and far too expensive. Give me Jamaica or St. Lucia any day.:)

Even though my husband and I love cruises, we prefer to take only two cruises a year so they can continue to be real vacations from everyday life (no cell phone, no computer, etc), and supplement them with a few land based ones at hotels/resorts.

Caviargal: I resisted Bermuda for years beacuse I thought it couldn't compare with the Caribbean. I finally gave it a try 3 1/2 years ago. It was okay; I'll probably return. But, it can't compare with the Caribbean. I completely agree with you concerning why many Americans prefer Bermuda to the Caribbean islands. Give me Jamaica, Antigua, The Virgins,etc any day. There are really unique and exciting aspects of the Caribbean: the music, the people, the food,the beauty, etc. That's enough rambling from me. Diane

Actually I like Bermuda because it is expensive and the people that live there seem better off than people living in the Caribbean. I have never been bothered by people wanting to sell me stuff or braid my hair in Bermuda. The island is pretty and nice to ride around on mopeds. I didn't feel sorry for people there- the way I often do on the Caribbean islands.

I personally felt much safer in Bermuda.

The topography and the beaches, snorkling, the British formal influence are much nicer in my view. But that isn't to say you can't have a nice vacation in the Caribbean. Just isn't my favorite.

Archived