Single Cruiser...Can You Have A good Time ?

jessemon

I just returned from a 4 day cruise on the Sensation and had been using the roll call prior to the cruise. Eight of us met on embarkation day at the pool bar to get acquainted. While we did not do everything together, it was great to have some "friends" prior to sailing. I would suggest that once you have booked your trip, check the roll call for sail date and join in or if there isn't a roll call for your ship and sale date, get one started. This was the first time that I had joined in a roll call and I have made new friends by doing so. I will surely do it for all future cruises.

Glad to hear you had a great time. Yes, I have been involved in roll calls more than once...and they do work. Have met many nice people also.

So Jessemon have you chosen a cruise yet?

I'm counting down the days for my next cruise. Next, will be in April 2007, doing the Crown Princess that sails out of San Juan.

Joanne

Not yet Joanne. I found out recently that a buddy of mine who plays in piano bars on ships is about to get another cotract. So I might do that.

If he doesn't I will book a cruise on Inspiration ASAP.

Have fun on the Crown.

To those of you about to set sail.....ENJOY!!!!

Be sure to stop back on this thread and let us know what a wonderful time you had!!!

An active Roll Call and a Meet and Greet with Cruise Critic folks is a nice additional aspect for the solo cruiser ....BUT..... you can meet people and have company when you want it (and I stress those words because remember, that is the beauty of cruising alone - you can chose to do what you want, when you want either alone or with the company of others).

For my upcoming cruise we seem to have a pretty active roll call thread and a nice list of people who are planning to come to the Meet and Greet. There are about 4 solo cruisers which is kind of neat!

Of my previous 4 cruises only 1 had an active Roll Call thread and we got together a did things throughout the week.

I have always met people and had a wonderful time cruising.

I guess my point is that if you are posting to a Roll Call and there is not much interest don't be alarmed or nervous......you will still have a blast!!

Just my two cents here, but Allen is fine on the S&S cruise. He is no Saint that is for sure and he makes a mean Caramel Apple Martini. He has personally met a few of those that are traveling with him and many of those that are on that cruise are traveling solo also.

Just my two cents here, but Allen is fine on the S&S cruise. He is no Saint that is for sure and he makes a mean Caramel Apple Martini. He has personally met a few of those that are traveling with him and many of those that are on that cruise are traveling solo also.

COOL,

We will get to hear from him in a few days to see how much fun he had and how his first solo cruise was......;)

Wonder if he went to PB with the gang.

I think that was the plan Pete. I know they had a ton doing PB and then C&C.

Duck has posted in Oz and he has once again been overserved. Sad thing is...I am following his posts. They are sailing from Coz about right now.

Is this the Conquest?

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Webcam

Yep - that would be the Conquest. Full of all those S&S'ers having a great time.

OK - back to packing. Celebration here I come. :D

Good news! Two other women my age joined my roll call this week. Off to make new friends! :)

Hey Hutch - where has Duck posted?? I missed his postings somehow....

So sorry you couldn't go on that cruise. What happened? Maybe the next one.....

Basically - life....

DD (13) was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes in December and we had some bills (medical and otherwise) that came first. One of these days, I will cruise with them.

I am so sorry to hear about your DD's diagnosis. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

OK - gotta go pack. Will check back in later when I get that done - and not until......;)

Thanks Kathy...

Have a great cruise!!!!:D

Can you hear me singing? My bags are packed - I'm ready to go.....:p

Talk to you guys when I return. I promise to give a full review of solo cruising. I'm taking all the pointers with me from this thread. Keep this going - you should be hearing from some folks that are returning this weekend -

Allen - don't forget to give a review!!

Hutch - thanks again for everything! :D

Can you hear me singing? My bags are packed - I'm ready to go.....:p

Talk to you guys when I return. I promise to give a full review of solo cruising. I'm taking all the pointers with me from this thread. Keep this going - you should be hearing from some folks that are returning this weekend -

Allen - don't forget to give a review!!

Hutch - thanks again for everything! :D

Kathy...

Have a great time......

& "ENJOY".....:D

:) I say "Go for it!" I sailed on the Imagination by myself in September and had a wonderful time. You will meet plenty of people to socialize with and the freedom of doing what you want and when you want is the best. I had dinner each night with a table full of single people. My dinner companions ranged in age from 25 to 75! Never a lapse in conversation. I did opt for organized shore excursions with the other guests and had a blast. I hope you enjoy your cruise.

:) I say "Go for it!" I sailed on the Imagination by myself in September and had a wonderful time. You will meet plenty of people to socialize with and the freedom of doing what you want and when you want is the best. I had dinner each night with a table full of single people. My dinner companions ranged in age from 25 to 75! Never a lapse in conversation. I did opt for organized shore excursions with the other guests and had a blast. I hope you enjoy your cruise.

Thanks newportguy...I like the idea of the way the table was arranged. 25 to 75...that puts me somewhere in the middle...:eek:

Welcome home Allen...

Looked at the S & S thread and it seems that some folks had a bit of trouble disembarking.

From what I saw so far though that seems like the only downside to the cruise for some...

Let us know how much fun you had.

Hope you don't have to work in the AM...:p

Welcome home Allen...

Looked at the S & S thread and it seems that some folks had a bit of trouble disembarking.

From what I saw so far though that seems like the only downside to the cruise for some...

Let us know how much fun you had.

Hope you don't have to work in the AM...:p

Allen....work???? It's one of those dirty 4-letter words for him.

I'm anxious to hear how he enjoyed it too. I've heard something about a red thong, but not sure if he was the perpertrator or not.

Welcome home ShielB4...:p Too bad that cruise was this short. Hope the Bday was a great time......:D

Hope the drinks were cold and the company you met was warm...:cool: Give us a yell and let us know how it was...

Jeff

Allen....work???? It's one of those dirty 4-letter words for him.

I'm anxious to hear how he enjoyed it too. I've heard something about a red thong, but not sure if he was the perpertrator or not.

Have to hear about that from the horses mouth. I hear he even got lap dances from Duck! See the pix?

Hi all! I am back!

I had a completely relaxing trip, lay out in the sun from 9a to 6p every day!

Weather was great, hot hot hot!

I read almost 3 books! listened to my Ipod and had my foo foo drinks, breaking for lunch and then dinner at 6p. I did go to the Dining room once, but was uncomfortable with my table mates, they were a group of 6 together and myself.....I did indeed take the tips offered, was open friendly as usual, started conversations like "Is this your first cruise"? "Are you enjoying yourselves"etc. I got one or two word answers, they wanted to chat together and did not want to include me....so, after that I decided to take my evening meals in the Brasserie.

I could have changed tables I know but when I spoke to the Maitre'd, George the Greek, he told me that there were not many solo cruisers this trip, a lot of big groups...

He would have changed me without a problem otherwise. It wasn't so bad, I was content to do my own thing.

Evening entertainment was ok, I sat in the Avant Garde lounge one night alone all night, with just 2 other couples, no one else came in, yet the band were pretty good and lively. The disco was packed but so smoky so only went in for a few mins.The Piano bar the same, a lively crowd but lots of smoke, so not for me unfortunately....but for you smokers, you will really have a blast!

I was hoping to meet folks but these shorter cruises do not always give you such an opportunity like the longer ones do.

There was no mingling or meet ups..

I had organised a meet up with the group on the roll call, but I was there waiting, noone showed up!

The biggest disappointment was the cabin...do NOT get cabin R239. It is the very last cabin aft and on the lowest deck, right over the engine room...noise and vibrations all night every night!!!! Its my fault as I booked last minute and knew the locatiuon, but was hoping it to be less noisy I guess...oh well.

I'm home now, but I am glad I went because I got to do what I wanted, just relax and recharge those batteries, but I have to say my next trip will be on the Glory, a whole 7 days and my 10th with CCL so it will be a VIP trip and I have a great balcony cabin!!!

I am not put off, I still love to cruise and solo is fine too, pure self-indulgence, and you get to make all the choices!!! Theres' nothing like it.

Feel free to ask any questions, I may do a proper review at the w/end when I have more time...gotta go!

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
Hi all! I am back!

I had a completely relaxing trip, lay out in the sun from 9a to 6p every day!

Weather was great, hot hot hot!

I read almost 3 books! listened to my Ipod and had my foo foo drinks, breaking for lunch and then dinner at 6p. I did go to the Dining room once, but was uncomfortable with my table mates, they were a group of 6 together and myself.....I did indeed take the tips offered, was open friendly as usual, started conversations like "Is this your first cruise"? "Are you enjoying yourselves"etc. I got one or two word answers, they wanted to chat together and did not want to include me....so, after that I decided to take my evening meals in the Brasserie.

I could have changed tables I know but when I spoke to the Maitre'd, George the Greek, he told me that there were not many solo cruisers this trip, a lot of big groups...

He would have changed me without a problem otherwise. It wasn't so bad, I was content to do my own thing.

Evening entertainment was ok, I sat in the Avant Garde lounge one night alone all night, with just 2 other couples, no one else came in, yet the band were pretty good and lively. The disco was packed but so smoky so only went in for a few mins.The Piano bar the same, a lively crowd but lots of smoke, so not for me unfortunately....but for you smokers, you will really have a blast!

I was hoping to meet folks but these shorter cruises do not always give you such an opportunity like the longer ones do.

There was no mingling or meet ups..

I had organised a meet up with the group on the roll call, but I was there waiting, noone showed up!

The biggest disappointment was the cabin...do NOT get cabin R239. It is the very last cabin aft and on the lowest deck, right over the engine room...noise and vibrations all night every night!!!! Its my fault as I booked last minute and knew the locatiuon, but was hoping it to be less noisy I guess...oh well.

I'm home now, but I am glad I went because I got to do what I wanted, just relax and recharge those batteries, but I have to say my next trip will be on the Glory, a whole 7 days and my 10th with CCL so it will be a VIP trip and I have a great balcony cabin!!!

I am not put off, I still love to cruise and solo is fine too, pure self-indulgence, and you get to make all the choices!!! Theres' nothing like it.

Feel free to ask any questions, I may do a proper review at the w/end when I have more time...gotta go!

Would you go solo again? What ship were you on and where did you go?

Hello ShielB4,

Well it sounds like you had a good time on the Inspiration most of the time.

Then again sorry to hear about the table mates not being to friendly.

The best part is you got to do what you wanted to do....relax...;) , that is the best part. While you were away at sea most of us were doing the day to day...nonsense.

How was Cozumel? Do anything there. I always end up at Carlos and Charlies. Love some of their oyster dishes and the carrots and yucca with that dip they have...NOT TO MENTION A FEW BEERS....:p

Is the island starting to get back in shape and did you get to dock or did you have to tender?

Looking foward to a reveiw if you do it.

Jeff

Archived