Single Cruiser...Can You Have A good Time ?

jessemon

So, how do I find the S&S3 thread? I'm new to this, but it looks so interesting! can anyone direct me?

Here ya go!! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=339363

I have never been on Norweigan, so I don't know the demographics... I can say that on Carnival, there are plenty of people in your age range. I've always met other single people on cruises... Either way, I hope you have a great time!! My parents go on our cruises with us and we always have a blast!!!

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
I find this very encouraging! I'm going on the Norwegian Star with my parents and two other "middle aged" couples (I guess the middle ages all depend on where in life you are!!) and have been unsure if it was the right decision. I've never vacationed with my parents, so thought it might be good for the memories to do at least once.

Would be nice to meet some others my age (I'm 32) on this cruise, but perhaps I'm being over-optimistic.. I mean what are the odds that I'll find someone who is my age and alone (or semi-alone as in my case) on this cruise?

I'm a good looking, outgoing guy, so maybe there is a chance.. I'm not looking for romance, just some good clean fun with people my own age.

Nice to see that there are so many others on here who are solo cruisers. I've cruised with others on two other cruises, but this one is going to be somewhat different, because the others were with people my own age/singles...

As an unaccompanied male in your age group, you will have no problem finding company. On all of my solo cruises, there were always a few unaccompanied men on the ship. They add balance to the happy, fun-loving solo cruisers' group that always ends up forming on these ships.

Go, have fun and bring back great stories on your "solo" cruise!!!;)

Well gang...it is only 20 more days til my first solo cruise. I should either be in the piano bar...the Crow's Nest or at the show if it is something interesting.

The two plus' are This is the 4th time on the "Veendam" and my buddy is playing in the piano bar. (His wife and 2 daughters booked for New Years...is he ever happy:) )

So I am counting the days til Dec. 2nd...:D

I never said what kind of cabin I booked. I booked an outside gaurentee. The price was great. So who knows where I'll end up.

It is always fun doing these gaurentees..."It's like a box of chocolate....you never know what you're going to get".

Jeff

....and I met the president.....AGAIN.......LOLOLOLOLOL!.....top 5 in my book!

Can I just tell you....your upcoming is either gonna make or break it for me....but well I keep forgetting....your a dude.....things are so much easier for a dude....you are so much less intimidating than a single gal...serious think about it....WHATever......one of these days "me" Ill do it.....hopefully soon if I wanna make my goal!

You are gonna have so much fun with your friend in the piano bar....you will literally be so on fire.......chix dig the piano bar especially if their single *wink* *wink*.....aint nothing lika singalong......especially "brown eyed girl" that kinda "does it for me" you are so keeping me in check with myself on this one.....time will tell!

....and I met the president.....AGAIN.......LOLOLOLOLOL!.....top 5 in my book!

Can I just tell you....your upcoming is either gonna make or break it for me....but well I keep forgetting....your a dude.....things are so much easier for a dude....you are so much less intimidating than a single gal...serious think about it....WHATever......one of these days "me" Ill do it.....hopefully soon if I wanna make my goal!

You are gonna have so much fun with your friend in the piano bar....you will literally be so on fire.......chix dig the piano bar especially if their single *wink* *wink*.....aint nothing lika singalong......especially "brown eyed girl" that kinda "does it for me" you are so keeping me in check with myself on this one.....time will tell!

hey VIP,

HAL is a little different than Carnival though.

A little more laid back to say the least. If JP hadn't been playing on the ship...I probably would not have done it for a first sole cruise. I would have done the Inspiration out of here in Tampa.

But him and I are great friends so I can get over the slower pace. He'll make it alot of fun...and then again I make alot of fun for myself and always have...:eek:

The next crise I do will be a "Carn-evil" cruise.:D

Jeff

I find this very encouraging! I'm going on the Norwegian Star with my parents and two other "middle aged" couples (I guess the middle ages all depend on where in life you are!!) and have been unsure if it was the right decision. I've never vacationed with my parents, so thought it might be good for the memories to do at least once.

Would be nice to meet some others my age (I'm 32) on this cruise, but perhaps I'm being over-optimistic.. I mean what are the odds that I'll find someone who is my age and alone (or semi-alone as in my case) on this cruise?

I'm a good looking, outgoing guy, so maybe there is a chance.. I'm not looking for romance, just some good clean fun with people my own age.

Nice to see that there are so many others on here who are solo cruisers. I've cruised with others on two other cruises, but this one is going to be somewhat different, because the others were with people my own age/singles...

Skyblue,

Always singles in all different age groups. Just have some good clean fun as you said.

I am so glad you liked this thread.

Let's keep it going ......

Hey Jeff....did you do it? The S&S pretty intimidating to me...am thinking *****.....why not....just do it!!!!!! Who knows...deck 7 aft is looking pretty fun....as long as no one "barfs" on me from up above.....heheheheh!.....amazing what intimacy we all can share on this board.....GC...please email me...Id love to pick your brain....serious!

Ive met single cruisers before and well I always admire them all female/male = BALLS.....gatta love the balsey ones!

Im done.

Hey Jeff....did you do it? The S&S pretty intimidating to me...am thinking *****.....why not....just do it!!!!!! Who knows...deck 7 aft is looking pretty fun....as long as no one "barfs" on me from up above.....heheheheh!.....amazing what intimacy we all can share on this board.....GC...please email me...Id love to pick your brain....serious!

Ive met single cruisers before and well I always admire them all female/male = BALLS.....gatta love the balsey ones!

Im done.

VIPBY40,

OK...time to give up your first name.......;)

Going to see how this first solo goes....but I am 90% sure for the S&S3.

You can get ahold of GC by looking at the CC trip on the home page. She's the boss for this one and her e-mail is there.

Have fun.

Jeff

PS: She is bringing blue panties for me........LMFAO

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

Well here I am....I have 14 days left til my first solo/single cruise...:eek: Hope to here supporting and encouraging words from all of you...:D

Get me psyched.....:cool:

Jeff

Refresh my memory. What ship/ports of call? What category is your cabin. Are you in a group or going totally solo?

Refresh my memory. What ship/ports of call? What category is your cabin. Are you in a group or going totally solo?

Veendam-Jamaica-GC and Costa Maya. Going solo but the piano bar player is a friend of mine.

If he were not cruising I would have done the Inspiration for four or five nights out of Tampa.

I am though pretty sure that I am going to do a group cruise next Oct. with what looks like a bunch of lunatics on Carnival.:eek:

Jeff

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
Veendam-Jamaica-GC and Costa Maya. Going solo but the piano bar player is a friend of mine.

If he were not cruising I would have done the Inspiration for four or five nights out of Tampa.

I am though pretty sure that I am going to do a group cruise next Oct. with what looks like a bunch of lunatics on Carnival.:eek:

Jeff

Veendam is a HAL ship right? It will be a much calmer cruise than your average Carnival cruise. Yes, if you are going on the CC cruise in Oct, it will be a whole different ball of wax.

Enjoy both and keep us informed on your progress.

I have found that like a balcony, once you get a cabin to yourself, it is hard to go back to the idea of sharing a room with a friend or non-intimate relative. Maybe it is just me but having the cabin to myself is the ultimate in vacation indulgence.

Veendam is a HAL ship right? It will be a much calmer cruise than your average Carnival cruise. Yes' date=' if you are going on the CC cruise in Oct, it will be a whole different ball of wax.quote']

and you've cruised on HAL when??? a calmness of a cruise is how wild you make it..... no matter what line my dear.

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
and you've cruised on HAL when??? a calmness of a cruise is how wild you make it..... no matter what line my dear.

Never did a HAL. I am not yet 70 years old. Sorry. Maybe in another 30 years or so.

I'm with ya CS!

I did a HAL cruise a few years back and took my 65yr old Mother...we were the youngest!!

Maybe the demographics have changed since? I don't plan on going on any HAL ships until I am also at least another 30yrs older! LOL

But hey! we all have different experiences right, thats what these posts are for, maybe things have changed since?

I just read something the other day on HAL. Apparently, with the introduction of the Zuiderdam, HAL is attracting a younger group of passengers. Take a look at this.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=266

Just goes to show you (you being a general term here) that one shouldn't pre-judge a cruise line until one has tried it. People do it to Carnival all the time. HAL may not be for everyone, but they are definitely not just for the "old folks" any more. ;)

That's great that they are trying to attract younger passengers. We were docked next to a Hal ship (can't remember which one) in Costa Maya last March and I have to say we did not see too many (if any) one under 60ish....getting of that ship...

Nothing wrong with that....but I don't think we are there yet LOL!

Never did a HAL. I am not yet 70 years old. Sorry. Maybe in another 30 years or so.

My DH and I were on HAL's Westerdam last March. You might be interested to know that the median age of cruisers were about 50. There were TONS of young families, as well as many couples in the 40-60 age group.

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
I just read something the other day on HAL. Apparently, with the introduction of the Zuiderdam, HAL is attracting a younger group of passengers. Take a look at this.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=266

Just goes to show you (you being a general term here) that one shouldn't pre-judge a cruise line until one has tried it. People do it to Carnival all the time. HAL may not be for everyone, but they are definitely not just for the "old folks" any more. ;)

I looked at that review in your link. Thanks for the info. However, it still does not sound like it is lively enough for my personal taste. Nothing wrong with it. I have just found my notch over here at Carnival and have always associates HAL with a more senior clientele.

I wonder how lively the danceclub is at night on the average HAL ship. I do know that the NCL America (Hawaii cruise) definitely carries an older (spell that very old) passenger based. The running joke on the Pride of America was that you better not try to walk down the hall where all the cabins are while drunk late at night. If you do, you will probably kill yourself falling over the walkers and wheelchairs that are parked out in the halls at night.:eek: (I didn't say it. A crewmember told me the joke.)

Just to let everyone know...have cruised HAL 4 times before and I am not 60 or 70 or 80 and have always had a great time.

Someone said earlier that people prejudge Carnival also. If you haven't tried HAL...don't prejudge. Have always met younger people on their ships and have always had a great time.

I have cruised on all the major lines and find that you have younger and older people on all lines. Just on some lines their are more younger people and on some lines their are more older people.

Funny though that sometimes some of the older people are having more fun than the younger ones.

I guess it is all what you make of it.

I am doing this cruise because of my buddy who plays in the piano bar. Believe me...if you went there (to the piano bar) while he's working you would have a great time no matter what your age...:D

Anyways...13 days til cruise.........:p

Jeff

Archived