Single Cruiser...Can You Have A good Time ?

jessemon

Well gang here we go.....

During the week before I got a slight rash/hives on Wednesday. I did not think much about it. Did the Benedryl and Calomine Lotion and passed it off.

Packing on Friday night I had a major eruption. The welts were terrible and the itching was unbelievable. My skin was raw by morning. Tried calling the Doctor 1st AM. Unreachable. Not his faule...it is his day off. Did a few more drugs and Calamne lotion and went and met JP. We drove along a little bet and he looked at me and asked what was wrong. I told him I had good news and bad news. I told him I would be cruising with him and then handed him the ticket for that days cruise and said "but not today".

I had insurance for the cruise. I showed him my skin in areas and he freaked.

I could not stop itching...but it was better going to see him for a little while and itching...then sitting at home alone doing it. It was just in public with him I couldn't do it in certian places...:eek: :o

IIt has been a bitch of a few days. Cortizon shots and questions about food. No eggs...chocolate...shellfish....strawberries...ornuts fora few weeks. Then introduce them one at a time to see if it is one of them.

Then again it could be a bug bite...(geeze...we don't have any of them in FLA) or a bunch of other things.

THIS REALLY SUCKS THE BIG ONE"I was supposed to be in Graand Cayman today drink beer.

I am not even going to review what I have written for errors (which I usually correct) I am just going to the sofa and put a pair of sox on my hands so I don't dig at myself.

Talk soon.

Thank you all for always helping us Who have "STILL NOT CRUISED SOLO"

Of which one of us is "PISSED"

Jeff

Oh Jeff, that really sucks!! I can relate... I have had chronic hives for MANY years... every day, for hours a day, all over my body, it is horrible!!!! I was on prednisone for a while, but I decided to take the hives, LOL. I am now on a combo of Zyrtec and Nexium, somehow the combo works... they are not nearly as bad... The Zyrtec actually kicks in pretty quick, see if your allergist will give you some to try. Mine didn't start until I was in my 20's, and got worse as I got older... my mother had the same thing. It might not just be random, if you are stuck with them, start working now on a solution. First few times I tried the Zyrtec it did nothing, alot of trial and error. DON'T do the prednisone :p LOL!!! Worst drug in the WORLD!!!!!!!!! Try soaking in an oatmeal bath... doesn't get rid of them, but it is soothing to the skin... don't do it if you have broken the skin, OUCH is all I can say!!! Good luck... I am so sorry you missed your cruise :( But I can tell you that if you don't have this under control, you wouldn't have enjoyed yourself... I am bummed for you, and hope you can some relief soon!!!!

Jeff.....I am so upset....Im like *****....why now....why not when you get home......this is so beyond me.....THIS IS JUST WRONG.....I am so very sorry....by hey ya got one in the bag for the next planned trip.

Back to you....why?....will agree with GC....Aveena makes a KILLER oatmeal soak.....its great for the skin, and of course all natural......I dont know if you are "in touch" with your fem side....but a nice hott soak might be nice with a good mag/book.

So sorry again....HUGE disapointment...but there will be other opportunities Im sure!

Peace Jeff, hope you feel better.....dont be using up all your vacation time on this one ;)

ps (how bout them Saints)....sorry couldnt help it....still one in three.....4 more weeks.....oyyyyyyyyy!

hoping this thread will not die.....until you cruise dang it!

Oh Jeff, that really sucks!! I can relate... I have had chronic hives for MANY years... every day, for hours a day, all over my body, it is horrible!!!! I was on prednisone for a while, but I decided to take the hives, LOL. I am now on a combo of Zyrtec and Nexium, somehow the combo works... they are not nearly as bad... The Zyrtec actually kicks in pretty quick, see if your allergist will give you some to try. Mine didn't start until I was in my 20's, and got worse as I got older... my mother had the same thing. It might not just be random, if you are stuck with them, start working now on a solution. First few times I tried the Zyrtec it did nothing, alot of trial and error. DON'T do the prednisone :p LOL!!! Worst drug in the WORLD!!!!!!!!! Try soaking in an oatmeal bath... doesn't get rid of them, but it is soothing to the skin... don't do it if you have broken the skin, OUCH is all I can say!!! Good luck... I am so sorry you missed your cruise :( But I can tell you that if you don't have this under control, you wouldn't have enjoyed yourself... I am bummed for you, and hope you can some relief soon!!!!

Hey GC,

Did prednisone when I was 35 for asthma. Neck went to 18 1/2 and chest went to 45 in 60 days. Normally 16 1/2 and 43. Didn't even excercise...LOL:eek:

This is a first for me. That's why the Doc thinks it is ingested or bug...plant...or something. I learned something really interesting from him. I said I checked I didn't grab the wrong soap or detergent. He said that is all BS. This type of thing is "ALL" internal. He is a little different. From Russia and schooled in Europe.

So far...he has never been wrong.

God...I wish I was at the piano bar with my buddy right now...:(

Oh, Jeff this is really too bad that you had to cancel your cruise.

Hopefully, you will be able to re-book very soon.

Get well soon, so that you can enjoy that cruise that you were so anxious about taking.

Joanne

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

Is there any chance it could be nerves? Perhaps you were subconsciously stressed about cruising solo and this is your body's way of releasing that anxiety.

Don't know, just a thought because it was so close to your cruise.

I am sorry you missed it. You had insurance so you can just rebook right?

What a bummer:(

I'm so-o-o sorry, Jeff! It's a good thing I dodn't sneak down to the port the other day to snap a photo of the piano man's face... but at least you got to see him for a bit and that had to be fun, even in your misery... There aren't a whole lotta things better than the face of an old friend!

Did your doc check for shingles? Full page ads in the Trib the past few days, so there must be prople out there who have symptoms but don't know the cause. Chalk one up for insurance - I'm a believer, especially since I just got my check to reimburse me for the x-rays, etc. on AOS.

CCL has some really good deals for January, check out Inspration 1/20 - 5 days, Grand Cayman & Calica - only have to take 3 vacation days!

Feel better soon -

Liz

Thanks Joanne for the concern......will be booking something again shortly.

CS....No not nerves...just started as a rash during the week and was something probably ingested that I eat. 5 groups of food I am off for a couple of weeks and then introduce them back one at a time. With what I have been through in life...believe me...not nerves....

Liz....you are right about the insurance...get the full cruise price back. That is after the doctors response about what was wrong. I will check out that cruise. And no...not shingles...

Thanks all...

Jeff

Jeff.....I am so upset....Im like *****....why now....why not when you get home......this is so beyond me.....THIS IS JUST WRONG.....I am so very sorry....by hey ya got one in the bag for the next planned trip.

Back to you....why?....will agree with GC....Aveena makes a KILLER oatmeal soak.....its great for the skin, and of course all natural......I dont know if you are "in touch" with your fem side....but a nice hott soak might be nice with a good mag/book.

So sorry again....HUGE disapointment...but there will be other opportunities Im sure!

Peace Jeff, hope you feel better.....dont be using up all your vacation time on this one ;)

ps (how bout them Saints)....sorry couldnt help it....still one in three.....4 more weeks.....oyyyyyyyyy!

Hey VIP,

Missed your post. Must have come in at the same time something was going out.

Sux is not the word.

"I'm still a virgin.....":mad:

No oatmeal bath for me...the Cortizone and drugs have worked...very little itching left.

Guess I'll just have to book the S&S3 and maybe lose the virginity then...if not before......:D

Peace Out

Jeff

Hey VIP,

Missed your post. Must have come in at the same time something was going out.

Sux is not the word.

"I'm still a virgin.....":mad:

No oatmeal bath for me...the Cortizone and drugs have worked...very little itching left.

Guess I'll just have to book the S&S3 and maybe lose the virginity then...if not before......:D

Peace Out

Jeff

OMG, I was so surprised to see this on the first page! I am so sorry this happened to you !!! I guess it's better that it happened before your cruise & not in the middle of it :eek: !!! Just trying to think of the pick up line you would use as your on the lido deck in your bathing suit with welts all over, lol!

Get better quick & I think you should book that S&S 3 cruise.

THIS WILL BE MY SECOND CRUISE BUT FIRST TIME SOLO, I DECIDED TO TAKE MYSELF ON A CRUISE FOR MY BIRTHDAY IN FEBRUARY, I CAN'T WAIT I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT, SINCE I AM AN OUTGOING PERSON AND TEND TO MAKE FRIENDS EASY I AM HOPING I HAVE AN ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE,

OMG, I was so surprised to see this on the first page! I am so sorry this happened to you !!! I guess it's better that it happened before your cruise & not in the middle of it :eek: !!! Just trying to think of the pick up line you would use as your on the lido deck in your bathing suit with welts all over, lol!

Get better quick & I think you should book that S&S 3 cruise.

You aren't the only one.....

I was supposed to be at sea today instead sitting here scratching (those places where men scratch) off...:eek:

I still can't believe it.

I'm supposed to be having dinner right now and talking with people I have never met before and having a great time.

Then off to a show and the piano bar. Back to cabin at 2:30 or 3:00 and get up tomarrow in Costa maya.

THIS SUX...:mad:

Oh well...If I don't do something before it will be the S&S 3 for me......;)

Jeff

The pick-up line would been..."You scratch my back...I'll scratch yours"...LOL

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
THIS WILL BE MY SECOND CRUISE BUT FIRST TIME SOLO, I DECIDED TO TAKE MYSELF ON A CRUISE FOR MY BIRTHDAY IN FEBRUARY, I CAN'T WAIT I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT, SINCE I AM AN OUTGOING PERSON AND TEND TO MAKE FRIENDS EASY I AM HOPING I HAVE AN ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE,

What ship/itinerary.

Have lots of fun. I always cruise for my B-day. It has become an annual tradition.

Yes please....

Let us know what ship. Hope you have a great time on board.....

Jeff

Carnival Facination Feb12-16 Key West/Calica

Well MIZZ K....hope you have a great time. Never been to Calica. I hear it is great for doing tours of ruins.

Hi all...well some of you noticed that I posted during the week..."WHEN I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ON MY FIRST SOLO CRUISE". Had a problem and couldn't go. Was supposed to return today. Every day while sitting here in Tampa instead of cruising all I could think of was where (port or at sea) I supposed to be. Oh well...in life a little rain must fall.;)

Now back I would like to get more people involved in this thread. Those of use who are doing a first solo and those of you that have....

So jump in and have fun...:cool:

Jeff

Jeff: Good to hear that you haven't scratched yourself to death....

For the first time, I now have 2 solo cruises booked. April on the Crown Princess, and November on the Destiny. They're both sailing out of San Juan. I can't wait to get out of this cold temperature.

Joanne

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

In 2007 I will have two days left over of vacation I have to use by 3/31/07. I am looking for a short (3-4 days) carnival cruise. Destination unimportant. Am doing a solo. Any suggestions where the weather will be warm enough to do the beach during the months of Jan/Feb/March?

I am even thinking about going to the west coast and doing the 3/4 day Paradise cruise. Any suggestions? I prefer a lively ship to a more quiet ship. (I like to relive my youth onboard a cruise and do the dance club.)

Any one ever do a short cruise during these months? What was the weather like.

Jeff: Good to hear that you haven't scratched yourself to death....

For the first time, I now have 2 solo cruises booked. April on the Crown Princess, and November on the Destiny. They're both sailing out of San Juan. I can't wait to get out of this cold temperature.

Joanne

Hey Joanne,

Two out of San Jaun....:eek: ...Staying the night before there ?

I really like San Juan...neat city...forts are cool too.

It must be different to have to fly to anywhere you want to cruise. All I have to do is take a short drive and I am there. But of coarse not to San Jaun...:D

Do flyy anymore to Miami or FLL because it is cheaper than gas and parking. 50 minute flight.

Jeff

In 2007 I will have two days left over of vacation I have to use by 3/31/07. I am looking for a short (3-4 days) carnival cruise. Destination unimportant. Am doing a solo. Any suggestions where the weather will be warm enough to do the beach during the months of Jan/Feb/March?

I am even thinking about going to the west coast and doing the 3/4 day Paradise cruise. Any suggestions? I prefer a lively ship to a more quiet ship. (I like to relive my youth onboard a cruise and do the dance club.)

Any one ever do a short cruise during these months? What was the weather like.

Hey CS' date='[/color']

Did the 4 night out of Tampa a year or so ago and had a great time. It was on Carn-evil....:eek:

Went only to Cozumel. Love sea days and going to Carlos and Charlies. Thinking since I couldn't do the 7 night I was supposed to of booking this as a get away soon............:p

Jeff

Hey Joanne,

Two out of San Jaun....:eek: ...Staying the night before there ?

I really like San Juan...neat city...forts are cool too.

It must be different to have to fly to anywhere you want to cruise. All I have to do is take a short drive and I am there. But of coarse not to San Jaun...:D

Do flyy anymore to Miami or FLL because it is cheaper than gas and parking. 50 minute flight.

Jeff

I will always go down the day before, except once, and my flight got cancelled because of snow, had to drive to the nearest airport in order to make the ship. Never again !!!!

I love the Southern Itinerary, which is the reason for me sailing out of San Juan. Plus, I will be cruising with people that I met through Cruise Critics. There is actually one couple that live in Tampa.

Joanne

Archived