ship's excursion in Limon, Costa Rica

xeena

We are on the Dec 9th sailing...Amsterdam.

One of the ports is Limon, Costa Rica....any comments on the Tortuguero Canal trip? it is only about 4 hours in it's entirety....this includes an 1 1/2 hr ride to get to the embarkation site....

wonder how long the Mawamba "cruise" itself might be....I tried looking up the word Mawamba and it seems to be a general term which could mean a viariety of things. i am thinking it's like a pontoon boat....

i am also assuming the ride back is probably the same length even though it originates in another town.....they do not give an estimate for that.

i would think that the scenery on both land rides would be interesting....but perhaps not?

Limon, CR is very picturesque.

But as in any place use caution.

They to me have a very funny International Airport there..

The canal ride(s) are phenominal as CR is so eco minded and a lot of Americans live there. The humidity is.. well usually at 85-100%

On the canals look for the howler monkeys, two as well three toed sloths..etc.. a olt of variety in wildl;ife may be seen....

A wonderful time is to be had for all in CR there.

:D

Limon, CR is very picturesque.

But as in any place use caution.

They to me have a very funny International Airport there..

The canal ride(s) are phenominal as CR is so eco minded and a lot of Americans live there. The humidity is.. well usually at 85-100%

On the canals look for the howler monkeys, two as well three toed sloths..etc.. a olt of variety in wildl;ife may be seen....

A wonderful time is to be had for all in CR there.

:D

And thank you for bringing us home, AAAAmerican.

Can anyone tell me what the bathroom situation is for the Tortuguero Canal tour? My DH takes diuretics and would need one available at regular intervals. Any on the bus or before you board the boat, or after the boat trip?

Can anyone tell me what the bathroom situation is for the Tortuguero Canal tour? My DH takes diuretics and would need one available at regular intervals. Any on the bus or before you board the boat, or after the boat trip?

On the W. C. (Water Closet) you will have to call your Tour Operator and/or the ones that book you for it.

A natural question should always be answered.:o

Thats again where location..location..location is important..

Does he have a busmans friend?

The tour I am refering to is through Holland America. I am not sure I would get an accurate answer calling Ships services. I hear that many people get different answers to the same question in many areas. Has anyone been on the tour through the ship? Anyone remember what the bathroom situation is - WC. :) Not sure what that other thing was that you referred to - busmans friend. Probably too personal to discuss.:D So no he doesn't have that.

When we took the ship's Torteguero Canal excursion in Dec. of '04, the bus made a pit stop after about 45 mins. When we arrived at the location to board the tour boat, there were facilities available there, also. In addition, a very nice spread of fresh fruits, snacks, water, soda and cold beer had been put out for us (no charge). If I recall correctly, the boat tour lasted about 2 hrs. and we were able to use the facilities again where we initially boarded the boats before getting back on the bus. I don't recall a WC being available on the bus.

Archived