Questions About Penthouses on Summit, or Connie ask me!

Hey!!

If anyone has any questions of the benifits or the room 6148 on either Summit or Constellation, you can ask me anything. Hope i could help!

Or any questions about the specialty restaurants on the infinity (ss united states), summit (normandie) or Connie ( ocean liners) feel free to ask.

I would be really interested on the Normandie restaurant on SUmmit i.e. how many courses and how much extra over the $30 is it for the paired wine with each course?

Thanks

We dined in the Normandie in January and I believe it was five courses. We had the goat cheese souffle appetizer (absolutely yummy),soup, chatueaubriand for two, cheese course, and dessert. The $30 pp cover does NOT include the wine. You can get the wine pairing for around $60 pp. I believe.

We've been in 6148 on Summit three times and our butlers were Rikki twice and Kenneth the other time. We were in the same suite on Millennium and Kenneth was the butler. I like the Normandie on Summit because if you go more than twice, they have alternate menus to choose from. You choose one appetizer or salad or soup, a main course and dessert. They also have a cheese course right after dessert.

Jarronwood, the thing you're talking about is a special menu that not everyone takes part in. It's much more expensive than the three course menu and it does include wine--the other thing is with that choice, everyone at the table must take part in that menu---even if one person doesn't want to, no one can parttake.. The regular menu does not include any beverages. The one you're talking about is nearly $50 pp while the regular, three course menu is $30.

Hi Darcie

SInce there is only my husband and me thats the menu we want, the one with the paired wines. We are hoping to partake of this on an evening when the following day is a sea day (for obvious reasons).

But is that more expensive menu 5 courses?

There are more courses for the wine pairing menu, and there are five wines offered. The confusion sometimes comes from some things not really being courses- the amuse bouche, etc. The wine pairing menu or "menu exceptionelle" was $56.00 (I think) when I had it last Fall on Infinity, but you're right, it's a great deal for two, or for large groups who want different wines, but when we were in Ocean liners this Spring with eight of us, we had white, red, sparkling and dessert wines, and probably came out ahead by ordering whole bottles.

Andrew

And Andrew

WHat was your head like the next day?

I love the idea of the pairings - we used to work in London and my husband (at the time we were "courting") had a little pied a terre in Knightsbridge and I used to spend one evening a week in London with him and we went to some really nice restaurants but to be honest we never had a wine pairing - usually we ordered a nice bottle of wine which the sommerlier recommended and that was it.

So this idea of 5 courses with wine pairing will be a first. My intention is to have a nice glass of bubbly to kick the evening off (hubby we have a gin and tonic) then to meander to the Normandie for the evening. I am just worried I might fall over on the way back to our cabin....

Well, I DO seem to have the ability to indulge....;)

Actuallly, truth be told, we went through 8 bottles for the eight of us!:eek: Was it the ship rocking, or .....:D

But the nice thing about the wine pairing, especially for two, is that it's not an entire glass of wine, but enough to enjoy with that particular course....and there's plenty of food, so I shouldn't think you'd be too tipsy! The other advantage is that you can each select different courses, and they have wine matched to those particular dishes. You don't have to drink the same wine as your companion...works out well if you prefer different wines, or simply want to try different ones.

And I want a flat in Knightsbridge!!! Lucky you!:) We used to stay in South Kensington at Number 16, and walk up to the V and A...

Andrew

We've been in 6148 on Summit three times and our butlers were Rikki twice and Kenneth the other time.

Hey Kitty9,

i Also had Rikki once and another cruise he was with room 6147, you know one thing that bothers me about 6148, the blus window washer thing that parks in the corner of the balconey.Who were the people in the speciaty restaurant? when did you cruise?

-Jess

Jess, you are so right about the window washing machine. What I don't like is when we're out sitting in the sun and the workers come up and do their thing. I realize they have to do their jobs, but it's still an uncomfortable feeling. Another butler we had on Summit was Roderick. He was also fantastic, but I heard he is either on Infinity or Constellation. Rikki stays on Summit because his wife is on board.

We've always been in 6148, never 47. The last time we were on board was for the late February Panama Canal cruise that ended in LA in March. Before that it was the 11 day Ultimate cruise and a 10 day cruise. On Mille we've been on for a couple of 7 and 10 day cruises. We'll be on Conne November 27, on Mille January 14 and May 13 for the Med cruise.

Sorry I don't remember names well, so I don't remember who was in Normandie or the United States. I know a couple of them were from Turkey and they were wonderful. We usually try and get to those restaurants at least twice on shorter cruises, but on our 14 day cruise, we went 4 times.

Hey!!

If anyone has any questions of the benifits or the room 6148 on either Summit or Constellation, you can ask me anything. Hope i could help!

Or any questions about the specialty restaurants on the infinity (ss united states), summit (normandie) or Connie ( ocean liners) feel free to ask.

My wife and I have decided to FINALLY go for the big suites (the best we have done is the ConciergeClass.) Just *how much* did you have to pony up for the penthouse suite?

It really depend on the sailing. For a 10 night cruise on the Millenium (January 6) it is $ 5700 per person (via discounted online travel agency). For a ten night on Constellation (January 18) it is $5500 per person.

Get the drift? It is at least four times the cost of a CC cabin ($1300).

So you can take 4 cruises in a CC or one really expensive one. I guess you know what my choice would be.

My wife and I have decided to FINALLY go for the big suites (the best we have done is the ConciergeClass.) Just *how much* did you have to pony up for the penthouse suite?

On our Baltic Cruise this past summer the posted rate for the penthouse suite on the Constellation was $15,000 per person ($30,000 per cabin). That is why we booked a concierge class cabin instead :)

Archived