Pretty new to Celebrity need help

RM

I have only sailed Celebrity once on the Mercury. We are looking into the Millenium, Constellation, or Century next.

I am Crown and Anchor Diamond plus and understand that I will receive the same level in Captains Club. I have a question. Can you tell me if that also includes a discount for booking a balcony? When we sailed Mercury the 2 weren't intertwined so I have no idea. Am I missing anything else???? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have only sailed Celebrity once on the Mercury. We are looking into the Millenium, Constellation, or Century next.

I am Crown and Anchor Diamond plus and understand that I will receive the same level in Captains Club. I have a question. Can you tell me if that also includes a discount for booking a balcony? When we sailed Mercury the 2 weren't intertwined so I have no idea. Am I missing anything else???? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Unlike C & A, X has no discounts for Captains Club members except for a one category upgrade which is only available inside -> inside, or

outside -> outside. No upgrades on balconies or suites.

The booking discount is not a crossover perk. The only Elite Captains CLub benefits that you will get are those that are available once you are on the ship, such as the coupon booklet. Prepare to be very disappointed as the Elite Captains Club benefits are a joke. No freebies such as Internet time, free photo, etc as is the case with Diamond C&A benefits. The Captains Club Elite benefits all require you to spend money to get anything such as buy a spa treatment and get 10% off the price.

Prepare to be very disappointed as the Elite Captains Club benefits are a joke. No freebies
Donuts, is there anything they can't do...

They can't get me any freebies on Celebrity.:(

No joke on the freebies. Celebrity is such a wonderful experience that no inducements are required (management take note).... till a better offer comes along.

Hi Rose,

How are you and Howie doing. We are going on the Mercury again 10/30/06. We liked it so much last time we decided to do it again only 11 days this time. Glad to hear that you want to cruise on Celebrity again. Try the Constellation, it is a wonderful ship. We are going on the Connie next November 5th Repo out of Cape Liberty NJ. Ends up back at Ft Lauderdale. It is also 11 days. Go with us.

Prepare to be very disappointed as the Elite Captains Club benefits are a joke. No freebies such as Internet time, free photo, etc as is the case with Diamond C&A benefits. The Captains Club Elite benefits all require you to spend money to get anything such as buy a spa treatment and get 10% off the price.

This is so correct and I really wish they would either spiff up the program or else stop pretending it has value.

Cindon, of course I'll consider Celebrity again. I think we'd need all of you to go with us of course, LOL! Still wish we were returning to the Mercury with you but your saildate just doesn't work for us.

We decided to go on the Mariner of the Seas for New Years, good price and short drive from home won out.

Thanks again all.

Yes, we know all about busy......LOL!

We had issues with Princess's buses but we are home and safe. Need some time to catch up and I'll get the picture website to you.

I will be on my sixth and seventh Celebrity cruise next year and haven't a clue as to what "perks" I should or shouldn't expect. I hear about this from other passengers on other cruise line boards and who really cares. Does it make that big a difference to the enjoyment of the cruise? I really don't want 10 minutes of free internet, a special captains cocktail party or canapes brought to my stateroom. In the end- none of what they offer is of any real interest to me. I get bargain basement prices on line and have a wonderful time without a feeling of entitlement. I think Celebrity offers an outstanding product and probably doesn't need to have an awesome repeat customer program.

The only perk I care about it boarding ahead of the herd but so far have not encountered any lines boarding.

I agree with you as far as the coupons etc. but I like that balcony discount I get as a past passenger. I only wanted to know if Celebrity did the same as RCI only because I didn't know and since I booked on my own I needed the info.

To answer your question about the balcony discounts- i don't think that you get any on Celebrity but i could be wrong. I hadn't been on more than four Celebrity cruises the last time I checked and there were no discounts for anything that I recall. I was told that you had to complete at least five cruises before you got any significant discounts and I don't think that they were on all sailings. Check with Celebrity.

To answer your question about the balcony discounts- i don't think that you get any on Celebrity but i could be wrong. I hadn't been on more than four Celebrity cruises the last time I checked and there were no discounts for anything that I recall. I was told that you had to complete at least five cruises before you got any significant discounts and I don't think that they were on all sailings. Check with Celebrity.

The one category upgrade is offered to all captain's club levels - it is not valid for conceirge class, suites or verandah's. From Celeb's website:

One-Category Upgrade

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for inside-to-inside or outside-to-outside staterooms, depending on availability. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Suites, ConciergeClass and verandas excluded. Not valid on holiday sailings or Reunion Cruises. Zenith, Century, Galaxy, Mercury, Millennium, Infinity, Summit and Constellation: Upgrades available from categories 11-4.

The way it works is that you choose your cabin (inside or oceanview) and pay one category lower's price. However, it is for inside to inside or oceanview to oceanview only - you cannot choose the lowest oceanview and get the inside catgegory price.

Archived