Hi, new here. Anyone doing 6 week body makeover?

zuzi

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has had any success on 6 week body makeover in the long run. Also, does anyone know if soy milk is counted as a protein in the program? I don't eat a lot of seafood and don't eat meat so I'm wondering if this program can work for me. Thanks for the info and congrats to all for making a conscious effort to be healthier and as a bonus, look better too ;)

Z

I have. Soy milk is not allowed on the program. You may want to read your book about the choices for your body type. It's ok not to have seafood and Meat. Do you like chicken or Turkey? They work well on the program.

I just popped in here to see if anyone else is on the 6wbmo. I just restarted this week. I had a few months off and gain a little bit but am raring to get back on board. I'm a Type A. How about you?

I am on the program as well and lost 15lbs my first 5 weeks and then I have gone crazy. I can honesty say this was the first program that took away my sugar craving, bread was my weakness one piece tripped me completely out of control. I am working real hard to get back on program and add more cardio so that in January I have reached my goal or at least made a great stride toward it.

I'm with you on a restart wherenext. I just started again this week. I lost 50 lbs and have regained 10 of it. Yes.. it's hard once you slip but at least we know the program works. I blew it when I was on the Granduer in April. I am going on the Maasdam in October and would like to lose what I regained plus more. Are you ready for a 6 week stint? Anyone intersested in a 6 week challenge starting Monday? I'm game.

Hi:

I've just completed my first week on the program and I lost 9Lbs. I have never lost 9 lbs in one week on any program I have ever tried. I am a type D body which means lots of protein which has taken some time to get use to but I have followed it religiously except for 2 days when I missed one meal. I am also doing the excersises for my body type. On the days I don't do the sculpting excersises I walk a mile on the treadmill.

I will be going off the diet this weekend-going to a wedding in St. Louis-and don't see how I can follow it exactly but I will try to be careful.

Having some support here would be great. Email is mary4165@bellsouth.net

9lbs the first week? That's fantastic!! Getting all the meals in is hard at first. I've been trying this week to remind myself to eat every 2 1/2 hrs. sometimes it's not that easy.

I really need a big boost on getting serious and staying on program. Maybe we could use this thread as a support medium.

Yes, last week, my first week, I had a hard time eating all the meals also and drinking all that water. I called support and they said that instead of having the mid morning and mid afternoon snack I could subsitute Designers Protein Shake (you can get that at GNC). It's not bad and I really couldn't eat all that food. I'd love to lose another 9 lbs this week but am going to a Wedding this weekend so I know I will cheat. Anyway good luck everyone, this plan does work if you stick to it. As I said I have never, ever, lost 9 lbs in one week before.

Hi all.

Glad to hear that you've all experienced some great successes on this program. I got interested in it from hearing about people like you who've lost effectively and felt healthy after reaching goal. The reason I asked about soy milk is because I just found a brand that I really like since I can't digest regular milk very well. It's become a staple in my diet and since my budget is a bit tight, I wasn't sure if buying the 6 week program would be worth the money if it doesn't account for soy milk. I went to the website and took the quiz for my body type and after taking it 5 times, I'm still not sure if I'm a C or a B. I keep getting different results no matter how much i try to refind my answers and get as accurate as i can. What would you say is the major difference between B and C?

So how much does everyone have to lose til goal? We could count down together! Here's to better health and looking great ;)

Hi all! We cruise on the Grand Princess in 19 weeks and 6 days. Mom and I started our "20 Week Challenge" yesterday with a weigh-in. She isn't doing the 6 Week Body Makeover but I am going to try it. I bought lots of chicken breasts, fish, shrimp, greens, and veggies yesterday and cooked up a storm - love those little snack size ziploc baggies. :D I would LOVE to loose 40-50 pounds but that may be a bit drastic! :eek: Mom & I are weighing in every 5 weeks with the "looser" getting a treat (new shoes, pedicure, new jewelry, new outfit for the cruise) at the expense of the real looser. :p

I read thru my books and noticed that they seem to push walking or light jogging... How aout swimming laps? I am not real crazy about the treadmill or the 100+ degree weather we are experiencing... But I will do whatever I have to do! I am determined to look great in my new cocktail dress! ;)

I am new to this board - do we weigh in on this thread every Monday since the challenge will start tomorrow... Or on the weigh in board every Thursday??? Gotta run - time for my mid-morning snack - celery sticks and some shrimp cocktail with lemon...

Happy Loosing!

Jammie in OKC

-----------

Until The Grand Princess Sails 12/04

This is so weird guys,

I ordered the Michael Thurman 6 week work out program last week and waiting on delivery.

I thought I would check in here to see if anyone else was on this program.

Well "Hello" I so glad I'm not alone. Can't wait to get the program and hope I'll has sense enough to figure it out.

I've go 68 days to go and I've been stuck trying to losss this last 10-15 lbs. before the cruise.:o

I know now I'm got support with you guys.

Got mine from HSN, He was on there last Sunday and selling them for less than they are on his web page or his TV ads. . They also sell them on ebay. Just watch ebay, the packages might not be complete.

Good Morning Everyone!!

This is day 1 of the 6 week challenge. It's OK if you don't have your books yet. It's ok if you are still thinking about purchasing it. Just use this week as a "reduction" week to get prepared for what's ahead. While you are waiting for your book to arrive.. here's some things to take in consideration.

1 - you will be drinking 6-8 glasses of water a day. If you aren't doing that now.. this is the time to start.

2 - you will be eating mini-meals throughout the day - every 2 1/2 hrs. What this will do is speed up your metabolism. Eat smaller portions - ie, 2 oz protein.

3 - Start a LOW impact exercise plan this week. That means walking or something not strenuous. 3 days low-impact aerobic.. 2 days of weight training - anyone who goes to curves this counts.. or you can you use thera bands, a video you already have, hand weights.. anything to use for upper body strength training.

If any of you tried Atkins or South Beach the plans are similar in theory. Just be sure you don't go "no carb" or your brain will be toast.

Each week we will report our losses here. NO one has to put their weight down. Even if you just want to say "had a great week" - it's ok. It's being accountable that counts.

Just to give a brief background - I did very well on this program last year. I lost 50lbs on this program and can attest it works. However, I'm a believer that any program works if the person works the plan.

Now to answer ssatterly's question on cost. I think HSN's is about $119. Yes they sell the program cheaper on Ebay but you do run a risk of an incomplete set. I did however purchase mine on ebay from a wholesaller last year for $65 (I think they are going for $89 now) but there is no guarantee as when you purchase from HSN. If the program does not work for you then you can return via HSN. You can also purchase from PROVIDA.com. This is also the place where you can find the free support message boards. I would suggest going there to get aquainted with the program and talk to others on their success and struggles. It's a great place to pick up recipies too.

Zuzi - I would recommend going to www.provida.com - to the chat boards and do a search on a member named "BMOS Delores". Send her a private message and ask her for help on you specific diet needs. She is one of the people on the informercial and has been working with Michael T for many years and is an expert.

So are you all ready and raring to go??? Let's do it!:D

Got mine on Ebay from a private seller... Checked the official website for a list of "contents" and then cross-checked with each of the listings. I found one that had everything and the seller had a HIGH rating. (Next to the seller's name there should be a ranking and a percentage of people that have given the seller a positive rating. I refuse to buy from anyone with less than 98%.) Best part of the whole deal... I got the entire program - including shipping for about $50! Woohoo... Lets see those pounds come off!!! :-)

Hello, reality check - ISABELLMYBELL... I am going to be the WINNER!!! :p Just start saving those coins and dollars so I can get that cute pair of shoes! :D

Hello all: I went on this diet last April and lost 22 lbs. I'm a Type B, and found it fairly painless because you eat five times a day, though it was hard giving up bread and dairy products. I followed the recipes, eliminating salt from my diet and substituting spices and was pleased when as an added bonus my blood pressure went down.

Since I'm occassionally out of the office, putting my meals in little baggies really worked, as I could munch discretely on turkey breast, baked sweet potato slices and green vegetables even in the car as long as I had wet naps to clean up!

However, I relapsed when instead of praise, my mother took one look and said "you really could stand to lose a few more pounds", though thankfully, I only gained back 8-10 lbs. I return to the 6-week diet periodically, like now when I'm trying to lose a little weight before going on my next cruise.

So stick with it. I'm a believer.

Did anyone keep a link to the original thread from this site? It had some good info & I have now lost it. I think you can link back to those threads in an archive somewhere if you kept it. Thanks.

ljones.. You can access the old archives by selecting the link under the "read me first" at the top of the screen. That thread sort of died out in May/June. If Donata or Cindy and the rest are still around maybe they'd like to join in.

Hi, I started the diet on July 7 and by July 14 had lost 9 lbs. Went away over the weekend and complete blew the diet and gained back 1 1/2 lb (Ate sugar, fat, salt and alcohol). Went right back on it on Monday and will probably not weigh myself until next Wednesday to give my body a chance to re adjust. My goal is to lose another 20 lbs. I hope I can do this in the 6 week time period. We are not scheduled to go on another cruise until Thanksgiving so I have plenty of time. But if we find a deal on a cruise before that you can bet we'll be on it. Although I find this pretty easy to follow it was tough when we went away.

A Super "Big" thanks to Mary's Help;)

Well ladies I've received my kit and on my way with lots of help and support already from Mary.:)

Thanks so much Mary. I been reading a lot and watching the video's and made it through all the water today Yeah!!!

Now while I'm here typing I'm eating my 1/2 cup of strawberries.

Boy you don't realize how little 2oz of meat is or 1/2 cup of something until you really start measuring and weighing the food out.

I'm working 10 to 12 hours a day so, it's going to be tuff, but this week end I'm going to cook for the week and get everything measured out and in containers and ready for next week.

One thing is I'm finding is a lot of people are always talking about the food, receipes, etc. but, not much about their work outs.

Keeping my fingers cross cause girls, I've got to lose 10 to 15 lbs to get back in that formal dress for the September 25th cruise.

Thanks to all and let's keep this support going here.

Sherry

Thanks Sherry for that reminder. I don't have any fancy measuring tools so I just look at my can of tuna and if it's 4 oz. I just estimate all my other foods based on that or the size of my palm for convenience. I was surprised too to realize just how small 2 oz. is! Thanks for the reminder because what I now can't deny is that my portions have slowly gotten larger since it's difficult to get food every 2.5 hours. I've also slacked on my exercise for a few days. Today I will start up again... maybe a yoga class! I really appreciate hearing how well you all are doing. It boosts my motivation! Have a good day everyone!

:p

Oh, I forgot to add that my ideal would be to lose 7 or 8 inches off my waist in time for the holidays!

I do the upper body excersises one day and the lower body the next , the third day Iwalk a mile on the treadmill. They take about 30 minutes but I take my time to make sure I do them right.

My biggest huddles in the beginning were getting all the meals and water in but I perservered and won. Now I am having problems eating just 1/2 cup of fruit-I love fruit and being a body type D am only allowed 1/2 cup per day.

Lost the 1 12 lbs I gained on my weekend in St. Louis for a wedding plus one more pound. My acual weight loss since the beginning is 11 1/2 pounds but because of the gain on the weekend the net is 10.

Good Luck

Lost 3 pounds this week... I was down about 4 1/2 - 5 then along came the weekend. :mad: Going to the lake is just not condusive to 5-6 mini meals, tons of water, and no junk food!

Is anybody else having trouble with the exercises? The "correct" breathing - especially when I am walking - is a killer... I FORGET!!! I'll be walking along and realize that for the last 5 minutes I have just been breathing - not with the proper techniques employed.

18 Weeks and 36 pounds to go... I think I can, I think I can, I think I can... I feel like the little engine that could! :p

Happy Loosing!

Jammie

18 Weeks & 5 Days Until the Grand Princess Sails... :D

Dear Jammie:

Going away is not conducive to this diet, I know I gained back 1 1/2 lbs when we sent to St. Louis. I, too have trouble keeping the breathing going but if I slow down and concentrate I find I can keep it up.

Sometimes I still have trouble with all the food and water, I always feel so full.

Have you been on the Grand before? I've been on her 4 times and she is a great ship. If you are new to her email about any questions you may have at mary4165@bellsouth.net.

Good Luck! How is everyone else doing?

Archived