Best Cruise Print Magazine

cdillon23

I have received "Cruise Travel" on and off over the last few years. It is a pretty good publication that tries to keep a broad focus. Maybe 6-8 issues a year. Although you will find info on your line & other major lines, you will also learn about lines that are less well known. Any thing news worthy, you will know from these boards long before it arrives in your mailbox, but the articles are usually pretty interesting, and I love seeing photos of the different styles and classes of ships.

The only other magazine that I'm aware of it that exclusively covers cruising is "Porthole." Although I've never seen it, I have heard differences of opinion about the quality of this mag.

There are a variety of caribbean travel mags which may feature an article about cruising here and there.

I agree about Cruise Travel. I get it also and while it's always exciting to dig into a new issue I'm usually done with it in about 15 minutes. That being said, you learn alot about other cruises and destinations that you may not normally check out if you're just browsing online and hey...just glancing at a magazine that's dedicated to cruising gets me excited. I've read one issue of Porthole, which is a much glossier magazine. Funny story on that....I read an article that featured the top bathrooms at sea. Well, one of them was the mens room on the Voyager and I read it right before my boyfriend and I were to sail on it and sure enough, that sent us on a wild goose chase all week to find the elusive mens bathroom w/floor to ceiling windows and a waterfall "trough" style urinal....hehe...we finally found it towards the end of the week when my bf asked an employee, who knew right away what we were talking about.

I'd say get both mags....it helps w/the addiction!

Laura

Funny story on that....I read an article that featured the top bathrooms at sea. Well, one of them was the mens room on the Voyager and I read it right before my boyfriend and I were to sail on it and sure enough, that sent us on a wild goose chase all week to find the elusive mens bathroom w/floor to ceiling windows and a waterfall "trough" style urinal....hehe...we finally found it towards the end of the week when my bf asked an employee, who knew right away what we were talking about.

http://cafekarina.org/cruise/mensroompix.html

I used to get both Cruise Travel and Porthole Magazine. In terms of Cruise Travel while it has some nice information what I don't like is that it is mostly glowing when they do reviews on new ships. Personally, I like to read the good things but would also like a balanced review that points out the positive and the areas that need some sort of improvement. I've now stopped getting both magazines. Rather, I utilize the internet for most of my research .

Keith

Archived