Need help locating a supermarket

haras

Hi,

I found a car service which will pick me up from JFK and drive me to the pier for $46 plus tip and tolls (almost the same as the taxi flat rate!) I want them to stop at a supermarket so I can pick up some items which I don't want to carry in my checked luggage on the plane. Items such as a few bottles of wine, some soda, and water. The car service says they will do it (for an additional charge) can you recommend a supermarket or a drug store that will have some decent wine? Ideally I wanted to stop at costco, but it looks like it isn't 'on the way' to the pier. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

In NY you will have to go to a liquor store for wine, but you won't find beer or soda there. Also, which pier?

Hi RHefley228,

It's the NY (manhattan) pier. I don't want to buy beer, just wine, soda and water.

TIA

Hi RHefley228,

It's the NY (Manhattan) pier. I don't want to buy beer, just wine, soda and water.

TIA

There are Korean markets everywhere in Manhattan and the prices are so similar, you can pretty much stop anywhere. Your driver will know where to go.

Once market isn't going to be substantially cheaper or more expensive than another.

It's the NY (manhattan) pier. I don't want to buy beer, just wine, soda and water.

OK, there are several liquor stores on 9th Avenue between 42nd and 57th Streets that should work for you: 860 (on the east side of the avenue between 55th & 56th), 708 (east side between 48th & 49th), 669 (west side between 46th & 47th; their annex next door at 671 has wonderful cheese, cold cuts, and beer), and 589 (west side between 42nd & 43rd). There is also a liquor store on 10th Avenue on the northeast corner of 49th, but it's temporarily closed. What 10th Avenue does have is numerous bodegas (look for signs that say DELI) on almost every block where you can buy soda and water, plus a D'Agostino supermarket (west side between 54th & 55th). You'll also find bodegas on 9th; if you don't immediately see one, ask in the liquor store where you buy the wine. Enjoy.

Staying at the Embassy suites near Battery Park/WTC site one day pre cruise. Will probably just ask when I get there, but I also need a place for soda/water and more "kid" type drinks, like fruit punch pouches. I can save $$ there so I can buy the Fru-fru drinks and a bottle of wine on board.

Thanks!

Jacquelyn :D

Staying at the Embassy suites near Battery Park/WTC site one day pre cruise. Will probably just ask when I get there, but I also need a place for soda/water and more "kid" type drinks, like fruit punch pouches.

The D'Agostino supermarket I mentioned above may be your best bet if you can't find something near where you're staying.

Archived