Day time and tour dress code - Navigator

lborne

Hi,

We leave in 8 days and this has been a fantastic web site for gathering information. I hope to "give back" with a detailed review.

Anyway, we are starting to think about packing. Temps look like they will be in the high 60's to mid 70s, which means shorts for me most of the time. Is it acceptable to wear shorts around the cruise ship and on the tours during the day? What do people wear to the afternoon tea? We understand the dress codes for dinner and evening, but not quite sure about breakfast, lunch, etc.

Looks like no one else on any forum is going on this cruise. Maybe we'll have the ship all to ourselves:o

Thanks

It depends a bit on where you're heading. If it's soon, I'm betting the Med? Shorts are certainly acceptable on the ship during the day. If the weather is good, you will have company. In Europe, it depends what countries you're in, and what type of activities you will be doing on excursions, whether shorts would be okay or not.

Haven't ever seen many, if any, folks in shorts at tea, but I'm sure no one would say anything. You might want to re-think your wardrobe though, since Oct in the Med can be very changeable. Would recommend that you look at weather.com and get the ten day forecast for your ports starting about now. Turkey might be the only place where shorts would be frowned upon. However, we did have folks wearing them on the tour to Ephesus.

Some very dear friends of ours are heading off to the Navigator for the 10/21 sailing. They have been told that there are no formal nights and I am confused. On all of our Navigator cruises we have been very pleasantly surprised to see just how beautifully everyone dressed nightly. We were told that it was to be CC casual and found a good deal of the gentlemen dressed in jackets and ties at the least. Our cruises were beach time cruises and the formality was still there. Does it seem correct to those of you who have sailed this itinerary that it could be quite as informal as they are being led to believe? Any feedback would be welcome......Thanks

no location was given.

If you are going to Europe- then the dress code when you get off it chico pants- polo shirt. Or what I have found to be wonderful is LLBEan pants and nice shirt. I have never seen too many people wear jeans on the ships.

For dinner it is country club casual- NO jeans. Again- pants, skirts, nice tops. Take a few pants and skirts and mix and match them.

Don't forget your sneakers for all the walking around.

Regarding shorts- by all means wear them if the weather permits. Be comfortable neat just not t-shirts that have some wild saying on them.

Don't forget the ship has washers and dryers and they are free. I normally do a few loads on board- thus not as much packing.

enjoy,

Jan

Shorts around the ship are fine if weather permits, and off ship in the Caribbean. However, off the ship in Europe I would stick with pants and tops with sleeves. You never know when there might be a church, synagogue, or temple that you might want to visit and they have strict restrictions on dress.

Thank you guys for the off-ship info. This makes sense. How about some more comments about evening on-board style for the Navigator in Europe? Is it really true that there are no formal nights? We found our 3 Bermuda cruises on the Navigator to be much more formal than we had expected.... and loved it. Thanks all.

Archived