Marseilles Tour Guide Olivier Nguyen

kenlin67

I have contacted a number of tour guides regarding a tour of Aix-en-Provence next April and the quote I received from Olivier Nguyen was almost half of the other quotes. I have only read good things about him and I am just wondering why his cost would be less. Any ideas.

I have contacted a number of tour guides regarding a tour of Aix-en-Provence next April and the quote I received from Olivier Nguyen was almost half of the other quotes. I have only read good things about him and I am just wondering why his cost would be less. Any ideas.
You may have read my positive comments because he took us to the Palace of the Popes in Avignon, to Les Baux, and to Arles one day last month. One of the reasons that his cost is lower is that he actually lives in Marseille, so he has no transportation costs to commute to the port. But I can assure you that we have had lots of private guides (leaving on our 15th European cruise in May of '07) over the years, and Olivier is top notch. His van is also clean and new, and I think the lower rates are nothing but an advantage for those who use his services.

Have a great trip,

Donna

His web site is Olivier of http://www.rendez-vous-provence.com, and his e-mail address is info@rendez-vous-provence.com. He is an excellent guide that provides great commentary (very knowledgeable about the history of all of the villages in Provence) and does a wonderful job routing you around during the day. Also, I like the fact that he does charge passengers who are unable to make it into port due to circumstances beyond the control of passengers such as weather, mechanical problems, etc. (Some of the other tour operators charge full price for excursions that are missed, and I just don't think that's right, so I appreciate the guides who conduct business more appropriately.)

Donna

Also, I like the fact that he does charge passengers who are unable to make it into port due to circumstances beyond the control of passengers such as weather, mechanical problems, etc. (Some of the other tour operators charge full price for excursions that are missed, and I just don't think that's right, so I appreciate the guides who conduct business more appropriately.)

Assuming you meant he doesn't charge?

Assuming you meant he doesn't charge?
Yes, thank you, that was a typo. (I make a lot when I'm typing and try to proof but miss a lot too.) He does NOT charge passengers when the passengers are unable to make the tour due to circumstances beyond the control of passengers.

Donna

Hi,

Aix-En-Provence is absolutely beautiful. The people are so nice and the food is great. We actually did a cruise excursion thru Princess with plenty of on-your-own time and visited AEP and Lourmarin. Just loved them both. We were told just ok comments on Marseille, so we were so glad to went out of the city!!

Crusana

Archived