Captains & Cruise Directors

HUNNY BUN

Why does one want to know who the Captain & CDs are. Now I understand if the CD is not John Heald, some people won't go until he is on the ship. I'm not being snotty or anything, just curious.

No particular reason. We just noticed a photo of the CD on the Spirit, and she was our CD last Jan. on the Triumph. She was just filling in that week, but she did a wonderful job, so we were hoping we might get to see her (Shawn) again in January on the Spirit.

If someone is like we are, we have sailed with these folks many times. And it nice to see them again. (especially if you have watched some of the Cruise Directors come up through the ranks, like the 3 that we know)

We just sailed with Captain Volpi on the Pride in March (he is now on the Legend, I believe). We have been sailing with him for years. Twice on the Holiday in 2003 alone. He is a wonderful gentleman who reacts with the passengers. He will walk about the formal dining room at lunch time and ask the folks how things are going and visit with them. I (for one) enjoy that.

I'd also love to know if Dylan, my foot massuess (sp?) from the Imagination in 2000 is still with Carnival. He was soooooo cute and had that intoxicating South African accent!! Oh, to have been 20 years younger...................:) I went back for a second massage on the last night....whew!!

Anyway, that's all just wishful thinking!!!

If someone is like we are, we have sailed with these folks many times. And it nice to see them again. (especially if you have watched some of the Cruise Directors come up through the ranks, like the 3 that we know)

We just sailed with Captain Volpi on the Pride in March (he is now on the Legend, I believe). We have been sailing with him for years. Twice on the Holiday in 2003 alone. He is a wonderful gentleman who reacts with the passengers. He will walk about the formal dining room at lunch time and ask the folks how things are going and visit with them. I (for one) enjoy that.

He was on the Legend when we sailed on 01-SEP-06. And I have to agree, it was really nice seeing him walking around the ship greeting folks. We saw him often in the buffet.

vincenzo:)

He was on the Legend when we sailed on 01-SEP-06. And I have to agree, it was really nice seeing him walking around the ship greeting folks. We saw him often in the buffet.

vincenzo:)

Captain Volpi kept asking me how to access the comments about he and the ship on Cruise Critic. He never could figure it out, so I emailed him all the posts after I got back home!

yeah i sailed with Capt. Volpi on Pride back in April, he is a very nice little guy. Always walking around common areas of the ship, I saw him alot.

Captain Volpi kept asking me how to access the comments about he and the ship on Cruise Critic. He never could figure it out, so I emailed him all the posts after I got back home!

Well thanks for clearing that up for me. There's going to be a lot of upset Carnival guests when they find out John Heald is no longer with Carnival. Now I know it'e the same company so he could be back sometime.

Isn't Celebrity and RCCL the same company not part of Carnival

Isn't Celebrity and RCCL the same company not part of Carnival

You are correct

Celebrity Cruises was founded in 1989 with the objective of fulfilling the travel industry's need for a high-quality, premium cruise product at an intelligent price. The company was determined to set a new, worldwide standard for cruising, and to create a distinctive expression of superior quality, grand style, attentive service, spacious accommodations, and exceptional cuisine. Believing that the dining experience is an essential part of a quality cruise vacation, Celebrity custom-built galleys to create the finest gourmet cuisine at sea, preparing everything from scratch, using only the finest, freshest ingredients. Celebrity established then, and maintains today, a vital relationship with renowned Master Chef Michel Roux, who has served as the line's revered culinary and wine consultant since its founding. Roux designs the line's menus and culinary program, and supervises training of the fleet's executive restaurant staff. His award-winning culinary expertise and contributions quickly established Celebrity as a leader in offering guests an extraordinary dining experience at sea.

The first ships introduced to the Celebrity fleet -

Along with the launch of the Century-class fleet in 1995, Celebrity created another industry first: a luxurious spa experience within the environment of a cruise ship, with the introduction of the AquaSpa® by Elemis.

In 1997, Celebrity Cruises merged with Royal Caribbean International, bringing together two extraordinary cruise brands within one corporation, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. The company today has a combined total of 29 ships in service and one under construction. In the year 2000, Celebrity launched the appropriately named Millennium featuring the industry's first application of gas turbine engines, which reduce exhaust emissions by up to 95 percent over traditional propulsion systems. Millennium and her sister ships - Infinity, Summit and Constellation - nearly doubled the line's capacity in just two years (2000-2002), with each ship offering guests an unmatched dining experience in distinctive, intimate specialty restaurants. Millennium's "Olympic,"Infinity's "S.S. United States,"Summit's "Normandie"and Constellation's "Ocean Liners"each boast original paneling and artifacts from the famed transatlantic luxury liners after which they are named ("Ocean Liners'"includes paneling from the Ile de France), and feature dramatic tableside cooking, carving and flambé in the true French style.

Royal Celebrity Tours was introduced in 2001, building on the strengths of both the Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises brands, to offer truly unique vacations in Alaska, Canada and Europe, pairing outstanding cruise experiences with incredible pre- or post-cruise land tour packages now known as "cruisetours."

More than 100 brand enhancements and new "tastes of luxury" were unveiled across the fleet in 2003, including welcome champagne and mimosas, cold towels and fresh sorbet poolside, expanded options in dining, including Sushi Cafes and pasta/pizza bars, sunset yoga and Pilates classes, and more. During the same year, Celebrity introduced "ConciergeClass," an enhanced level of accommodations featuring new amenities and priority services, and introduced "Acupuncture at Sea," another undisputed industry first.

In 2004, the line launched "Celebrity Xpeditions," a series of highly unique events and excursions designed to offer savvy travelers once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to be treated famously in new environments. The one-of-a-kind program gives guests the premium experiences they have come to expect from Celebrity, in new and exotic settings, including cruises in the enchanting Galapagos Islands on a luxurious megayacht, Celebrity Xpedition, and a series of premium excursion options on select itineraries. That same year, Celebrity Cruises and world-renowned entertainment enterprise Cirque du Soleil took a bold move, entering into an exclusive partnership, introducing an exclusive and unique entertainment concept onboard select ships, offering guests one-of-a-kind pre- and post-cruise experiences, capitalizing on a variety of cross-marketing opportunities, and including sponsorship of Cirque du Soleil touring shows in North America and Europe.

Celebrity continues to reap stellar rewards - including sweeping Conde Nast Traveler's "World's Greatest Ships" readers' survey (February 2003), which deemed seven Celebrity ships among the top 10 large ships. The line will continue to grow its customer base by offering the ultimate premium cruise experience with a taste of luxury across its 10-ship fleet-while also seeking innovative and unexpected ways to treat guests famously.

Archived