Beach advice please

cinnamon

We will be on Grand Cayman on Sunday 5th November from 10 till 5.

We have visited the island a few times before, taken an island tour, visited stingray city, been on the semi-submerged boat to see the reef. This time we just want to chill out on a beach. We would like the use of comfortable loungers or chairs, somewhere to buy a drink and snack lunch and a washroom/changing room.

Where should we ask the taxi to drop us and how much does it cost?

Do you have a favourite area of 7 mile beach?

What are the charges for using the facilities?

Any help gratefully received.

Cinnamon

We went to Sea Grapes a couple of weeks ago. It was $5pp one way and there is a nice taxi pull off to load and unload.

It was $10 for a lounger and $5 for the umbrella. There are nice restrooms/lockers and food. Also, jet ski rental.

Very nice place, but it can get crowded.

The Beach Colony Club is on the best part of seven mile beach. We have been there before and plan to go again in Dec., I have not been to the Sea Grape yet as it is a new location. The beach Colony is about 19 dollars a person or 21 if booked thru the cruise line. It includes the lounge chair and non motorized water sports, either way you are reponsible for the cab ride.

The beach is the most beautiful that I have ever seen, crystal clear, like a pool, they have a small restaurant and bar, and motorized water toys that you can rent. If you want to snorkel, bring equipment from the boat or bring your own, I don't think they supply that, but do rent lifevests.

We plan to fly over next year and stay there! They do have fresh water showers and changing area, but I do not remember them having a swimming pool.

You should look into a Place called Rum Point, it is like paradise :)

Free use of beach chairs, hammocks, etc.

Private bar and restaurant.

Virtually no tourists.

You need to rent a car to get there, but it is not too expensive and it is worth the trip. I suggest splitting the car with another couple and making the trip, it was like being stuck in a corona commercial :)

Did I mention the lack of people? Very relaxing!

Archived