Serenade R/T which side to be on?

Sue L

We are booked on the Serenade R/T from Vancouver next summer for the Alaska cruise. I currently have a starboard cabin booked but a great port room opened up. Which is the best side to be on?

Sue

Never been to Vancouver or Alaska but, I would say if you are traveling north then you would want to be on the starboard side to see the views. Then again, if once you get into the interior and everything is on the left, you are SOL. I would think. Correct me if I am wrong others, but I am of the opinion that, in this case:"sides does not matter":D

If it's round trip, shouldn't it not matter? You'll get both views, one northbound, and the other southbound. We were starboard round trip on the Radiance to Alaska in June '05, we had spectacular views no matter where we were on the ship;). Our own balcony, or up top. I don't think Alaska has any sub-par views!:) Enjoy your cruise! We are cruising next in an inside, so we won't have to worry about views from our cabin!:D

Amanda

I'm going to Alaska next summer too! It depends when you want to see the scenery - on the way up or on the way back! We do have cruising days both ways I believe so either way you'll have equal time on both sides but they may be at different times. You'll probably want to be on deck for glacier viewing anyways for when they make passes on both sides of the ship.

Do you post in the Alaska section of these boards? Here is a link where you might find more answers to Alaskan cruise questions:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Hope this helps! Happy Cruising!

Oh, and btw, if you're sailing RCI make sure to find yoru shipmates here too to talk excursions or whatever. It makes a HUGE difference when ppl have the same questions!

We had starboard and I would give a slight edge to the port side....You are basically in open water as of Monday am till Hubbard glacier Tues am, after that its a tossup till saturday when its perhaps a bit more scenic on the port side....

We had starboard and I would give a slight edge to the port side....You are basically in open water as of Monday am till Hubbard glacier Tues am, after that its a tossup till saturday when its perhaps a bit more scenic on the port side....

Thanks for the info.

while at the glacier the ship needs to turn around...when we did that trip in 2004 the capitan turned the ship so that the starboard side of the ship got to see the entire glacire from their balconies.

Other than that, as others have said...it's a toss up...but that was the biggest perk for us

Archived