Pez Quadro

CRUZFOOLS

Has anyone eaten the food at Pez Quadro? What kind and did it agree with your stomach? The last time we went it was raining so we didn't stay long. We ended back at the pier and ate at one of the restaurants there. Food and music were good but would like to try Pez Quadro this time.

I ate there a few weeks ago. I had nachos and my boyfriend had tocos and it was YUM-MY! I am from SoCal, too, so I really love my Mexican food.

I also drank blended pina coladas with ice and it was no problem. The nachos were $10, but seriously could have fed three people. The beers were $2--nice!

I "think" (and I could be wrong) that this is where the cruise crew likes to hang out (there were an awful lot of Eastern Europeans at Pez Quadro that day). And you know if the crew likes it week after week, it's gotta be good.

I had a GREAT time at Pez Quadro.

Went there twice in 2005! Two separate cruises first time to check it out the second to bring over 100 of our friends. Andrea and his partner are the most gracious hosts. They are both Italian and serve great food and excellent frozen drinks. The beer is cold and the beach is perfect. You feel like you in a real Mexican Town not some tourist trap. They have a one price all you can drink deal, like $25.00 US. You can't beat it. Order a bunch of appetizers and you will be full and not spend much money. I think we fed 10 of us for under $30.00. They also have real massages on the beach. The massuses all have starched white uniforms and it is great to listen to the surf as you get a professional massage. Soon as you can get off the boat get over there on a taxi. Like 3 dollars round trip. It's been over a year since I have been there but I promise you won't find a better deal in all the Carribean if the prices are close to the same. Tell Andrea, Ricky with Four Unplugged says HI. If you want to see pictures, go to our website. http://WWW.fourunplugged.com and look up photo gallery and then click on the cruise pages. Plenty of pics. Enjoy.

We were just at Pez Quadro last week Wednesday.. we bought the all inclusive on line at $30.00 plus lunch (shrimp) additional $15.00. We had a wonderful time... we took a white van from the port to the center of the city and walked to the beach......it was GREAT!

Any questions please ask.

Cheryl

We were just at Pez Quadro last week Wednesday.. we bought the all inclusive on line at $30.00 plus lunch (shrimp) additional $15.00. We had a wonderful time... we took a white van from the port to the center of the city and walked to the beach......it was GREAT!

Any questions please ask.

Cheryl

Cheryl:

What does the "all-inclusive" include? Is it just drinks? I'm assuming it wouldn't be worth it for our teens who are not of age?

FrannyK

Costa Riviera 1985

NCL Seaward 1987

CCL Fantasy 1/2000

CCL Sensation 2/2001

CCL Imagination 1/2002

RCI Explorer 6/2002

RCI Monarch 4/2003

CCL Sensation 2/2004

CCL Imagination 2/2006

CCL Liberty Thanksgiving/2006

Cheryl, CruiseCritic prefers that members answer questions on the boards so that everyone can benefit from the information cruise travelers have to share. If you don't mind, perhaps you'll consider answering any additional questions about Pez Quadro on this thread.

Thanks!

Karen

HostKaren@CruiseCritic.com

Cheryl,

We'll be in there in Feb, and really want to check it out. Can you tell me how/where you made the on line reservations? I have done a couple of searches and have not gotten to far. :confused:

And any more info would be great!

Thanks for your help :)

funny i found the food to be bland, and very un mexican. The salsa tasted like it came from a jar. This is the place with the cannons in front right? I know many mexican people here and eat with them whenever I can and its nothing like it. Kinda food you would think is real authentic when compared to mexican found at a major eatery in the states. But to each there own I guess.

Is the all-inclusive at Pez Quadro? If so, just a suggestion, but unless you want to drink yourself into unconsciousness, there is no reason to buy the all-inclusive. This is a small bar/restaurant on the beach. It's laid back and beautiful. Beers are $2. You can order lunch for two easily for $10 to $15. JMHO.

I agree with paddleaddict. These drinks are super strong, I think we kicked back 2 drinks each and ate lunch, done. rest o the time was massage for the misses and some beach snorkeling which was surprisingly fun due to a couple of curious fish that followed us around, although there isn't really any reefs there. The resturant I speak of is a place right across the street from the bar. The food inside that place i found to be disappointing at best.

Paddleaddict is spot on...

We went to Pez Quadro last week as I had set my heart on sitting on the beach there all day after having seen it online...

We were there for 9.30 a.m. and had a blast...

Sol beer was $2 a time and cocktails $4 dollars... they didn't charge us for sunbeds and the staff were so friendly...

Hired some snorkel gear and had a great time... massage also available...

Food bill for me, my wife and two kids was about $30....

There are some cheaper places on the way along though the village but when I go back I'll be visiting Pez Quadro... :D

I am confused. Isn't there a $30 fee when you enter that covers alcohol? Or is the fee ONLY if you want alcohol, etc included?

I see on the site there is a fee for entrance that covers a lounger, showering facilities, an umbrella and alcohol-- and for another added fee to reserve lunch. Can you opt to order lunch on your own once you are there?

Thanks!

Karen

Just get a taxi to Majahual... $3 per person.... walk to the very end of the main street and you will see Pez Quadro on the left... walk in, order a drink and chill out... :)

I assume there are certain tour operators who offer 'all-inclusive' deals but I would recommend just paying as you go...

Archived