Pez Quadro

CRUZFOOLS

I assume there are certain tour operators who offer 'all-inclusive' deals but I would recommend just paying as you go...

If you go to Pez Quadro's website, you will see it has a page devoted to it's all inclusive price. So that's where I got confused. There is no page indicating you can go without reservations or not enter without the inclusive price. So that's why I wanted to double check.

I am very happy to hear from people's personal experience that a) you don't need a reservation as we are not sure what we will do in port yet b) we are not big drinkers so the $30 inclusive price seemed a bit high for us.

Thanks! Sounds like a good experience and one we will probably check out.:)

Thanks for all the replys and I e=mailed them and said that you can just come down to the beach and just relax and do your own thing,and yes MACH1 I will do my review when I get back...thanks all:D

If you go to Pez Quadro's website, you will see it has a page devoted to it's all inclusive price. So that's where I got confused. There is no page indicating you can go without reservations or not enter without the inclusive price. So that's why I wanted to double check.

I am very happy to hear from people's personal experience that a) you don't need a reservation as we are not sure what we will do in port yet b) we are not big drinkers so the $30 inclusive price seemed a bit high for us.

Thanks! Sounds like a good experience and one we will probably check out.:)

I visited Pez Quadro twice (November 2005 & April 2006). Both times was excellent!! I had the all inclusive. To me it was a great deal. All the drinks, cola and bottle water you want to drink. If you are some who like to drink alot (60% of my drinks were soda and water) it was a great deal.

Also the staff is very outgoing and want you to have a great time. I was so shocked that they remember me from a few months back!!I arrived a little early, and they were still setting up, but they offered me something to drink.

I like Pez Quadro because the beach area it's at is really nice. The water is not very deep unless you go way out. There is some seagrass, but it's a pathway in the middle that you can take to go out. If you get there early and go out in the water, you see more sealife. I saw a small stingray and quite a few fish.

They staff will set up chairs for you. There is a bathroom in the building across the road. You do have a vendor to come across from time to time, but not often. Also, alot of the cruise employees come here. I consider that as a good factor of a place. They visit these ports on a weekly (or bi-weekly basis) so they know which ones offer the best time.

This is a perfect beach day at this port. I can recall that it was so much fun to just relax and enjoy myself.

Have fun!!

We will be there in December-12/19/2006 . Looked on cruisecal.com and see there will be a total of 3 ships there on that day. Do you think it will be crowded. Do a lot of people know about this little piece of paradise. Thanks.We arrive at 10:00 on the NCL Sun, RCL legend arrives at 10:00 and Victory arrives at 9:00.

When I went there were two ships that day and it was not crowded at all. I don't think one more ship would make too much difference. It seemed that a lot of people stayed at the pier (pool, food, drinks), which is a shame because it's so commercial and expensive, and the water and beaches in Costa Maya are just gorgeous! I just think a lot of people didn't know you could drive to town and hang out on a beautiful beach with cheap food and drinks. I had so much fun that day at Pez Quadro!

When I went there were two ships that day and it was not crowded at all. I don't think one more ship would make too much difference. It seemed that a lot of people stayed at the pier (pool, food, drinks), which is a shame because it's so commercial and expensive, and the water and beaches in Costa Maya are just gorgeous! I just think a lot of people didn't know you could drive to town and hang out on a beautiful beach with cheap food and drinks. I had so much fun that day at Pez Quadro!

We are definitely going there. I have a daughter who has problems walking, she can walk,just very slow and with a limp,do you think it will be a problem for her. Do taxis take you right to Pez Quadro. What about seating and beach chairs, I hope to grab a bar swing. Do they have hammocks, I can actually take a towel and lay on the sand.

We are definitely going there. I have a daughter who has problems walking, she can walk,just very slow and with a limp,do you think it will be a problem for her. Do taxis take you right to Pez Quadro. What about seating and beach chairs, I hope to grab a bar swing. Do they have hammocks, I can actually take a towel and lay on the sand.

The taxi takes you to the main street (dirt road), but Pez Quadro is the last "beach club" at the end of the street. It's not too far (maybe 5 minutes of "normal pace" walking), and you can take your time. Or, you could always stop off at any of the other "beach clubs" along the way. I put this in quotes because they aren't clubs--it is usually just a small bar/stand selling drinks, some tables, a few chairs, etc. I just liked Pez Quadro the best because the water and beach are nice, and the bar was nice with the swing chairs. And it's at the end of the road, so I thought it felt the least crowded. Those swing chairs are first come, first served, but we got a few and sat there for a while. You can take a towel to lie in the sand, or rent a chaise (also first come, first served), or sit in the shade under a palapa where they have tables and chairs. I didn't see any hammocks while we were there.

Also, you can snorkel, rent wave runners, get a massage, go on a banana boat--anything you feel like once you get to Mahajual. The venders are dying for your business. Walk up and down the street once before you pick a place to see where you can get the best deal.

Can anyone tell me about how far a walk it would be walking from Rez Quadro up to the Cats Meow? Someone posted a map of that area which helps but I enjoy walking up and down the beach and was wondering how long of a walk it would be betwen the two places. Also just how clear is the water at Pez Quadros and is the walk into the surf sandy of full of rocks and sea weed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We were there in February 2006 with the Miracle and liked it very much. The food was very good and affordable. Typical mexican food ! The beach there is gorgeous. We liked it so much we're going back on a New Year's cruise and will go back to Pez Quadro.

Can anyone tell me about how far a walk it would be walking from Rez Quadro up to the Cats Meow? Someone posted a map of that area which helps but I enjoy walking up and down the beach and was wondering how long of a walk it would be betwen the two places. Also just how clear is the water at Pez Quadros and is the walk into the surf sandy of full of rocks and sea weed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's only about 200 metres from Cats Meow to Pez Quadro... it can be a long 200 metres though with the attention you get from the local vendors!!! :)

The water at Pez Quadro is crystal clear... it is all sand till about 30 metres out where there is a band of sea grass growing for about the next 20 metres or so then it is all clear again... there is actually a 'pathway' cleared in the sea grass so you can walk all the way out...

It is beautiful... :D

• 3 years later...

$2 or $3 per person, per cab/bus ride. Plenty of cabs available to get there or back.

The food/drink prices at Pez Quadro aren't the cheapest but they aren't awful. I had a big bowl of guacamole & a frozen margarita (not very strong) for $11. I wanted to stop there because they had beds on the beach and swings at the bar.

As far as shopping goes, I found prices to be best at 'the best prices in town' just outside the port area by the big blue tower. They had prices marked & they were lower than what any vendors were willing to sell for.

We had an hour long massage (actually about 45 minutes) for $20/person, but you could get them for $15/person/hour. The massuses are almost as pushy as the shop vendors, but I like cheap massages better than cheap crap!

<3 mahahual. the picture I attached is a picture of my view from the bed on the beach in front of Pez Quadro.

25893_556158766930_71903348_32367349_6254300_n.jpg.ac93edfbe9d3f1305268b1fae0bc6759.jpg

We spent the day in Mahahual on Tuesday 4 -14-10. The weather was perfect. A little cloudy with an awesome breeze. We caught a cab across the street from Hard Rock Cafe and paid $2 pp. As we walked along the Malecon, we were bombarded with vendors, but politely turned them down until we found our destination. After a short walk we found Pez Quadro. We stopped there because the beachfront was beautiful and they had plenty of chairs. The restaurant was very appealing also with clean bathrooms and swings at the bar. I got a beach massage for $20, wonderful! Beers were $3 and our mixed drinks were $5. Cheaper drinks were offered at other places but Pez Quadro was more appealing to us. We ordered chips and salsa, chimichangas and lobster tacos for lunch. We both enjoyed our food very much. We would definitely go back to Pez Quadro again :D.

Kimberly

We just got back from Costa Maya and we did the all-inclusive at Pez Quattro. Before we left on our cruise, a rep from the resort called me at home (strange, but nice). He told us NOT to get on the bus, to walk to the Hard Rock and grab a cab. That was not possible. The people at the pier were adamant about us taking the bus, which we did, and was no big deal. The bus was air-conditioned and brought us to the Hotel 40 Cannons, which we walked through, and then made our way to the beach. They looked our name up on the list and saw that I had already paid (I think it was $35 each), they gave us a wrist band and the fun then began. All of our alcohol was included, as well as a plate of nachos (which were terrible, all runny cheese - the kind you get from a can at Sam's). The drinks were fairly weak - so, we started ordering shots of tequilla - that was awesome! The beach was nice, its bordered by a reef so the beach is quite shallow and tame. I sat in the water drinking my tequilla - life was good. DH had a little too much tequilla - so it was a challenge to get him back to the ship. We did get a cab that brought us to the Hard Rock ($12) - then we got a rickshaw ride to the port entrance (free, but tipped). DH was BOMBED - bad... thankfully I was fairly sober. DH could barely walk - but he could dance... That pier is long - very long - and DH danced his way to the ship, falling once and skinning his knee.

I have to say, that we had the most fun at Pez Quaddro - we are normally pretty conservative people - this place allowed us to get out of our comfort zone and feel and act like kids on spring break - it was a hoot.

We are going back next year - to drink and dance our way back to the ship. We loved it.

• 1 year later...

We just returned from our cruise and visited Pez Quadro. We booked directly through their site. We had a great time I am 45 hubby 46 son 19 and his girl 21. Kids rented Jet Ski they brought right to us at the beach. Francisco was great, he took care of us from the minute we got there. Drinks are great I had to ask for a weaker margarita...lol. Shots are pretty much double shots! Nachos and salsa were very good. Saw other people eating food, they seemed happy with it. Also saw some crew from the ship there. We would def. go back to Pez Quadro again! Thank you Francisco!

Take a short taxi from ship it ends up being $5.00 pp round trip. Walk a short distance down beach and look for the signs for Pez Quadro we had someone tell us we were there and that he was Francisco's brother...NOT!

Archived