Somewhere beyond the sea, Somewhere waiting for me....

Tuna

Does anyone else love the Carnival Cruiseline commercial song? It's perfect for the commercial. Carnival is not our favorite cruiseline, but that commercial and the song really get us in the cruising mood (not like we need much of a push.) Whenever it comes on, DW and I sing along. And talk about going on our next cruise.:)

I love the song, especially Bobby Darin's version. But do you know the lyrics to the full song? It's about someone at sea anxious to be back with his/her lover on land. The last line is "And never again I'll go sailing." No wonder Carnival only uses the first couple of lines!

I love the song, especially Bobby Darin's version. But do you know the lyrics to the full song? It's about someone at sea anxious to be back with his/her lover on land. The last line is "And never again I'll go sailing." No wonder Carnival only uses the first couple of lines!

"and never again I'll go sailing"..Until my next cruise & bring my love along next time!

Does anyone else love the Carnival Cruiseline commercial song? It's perfect for the commercial. Carnival is not our favorite cruiseline, but that commercial and the song really get us in the cruising mood (not like we need much of a push.) Whenever it comes on, DW and I sing along. And talk about going on our next cruise.:)

It's my cell phone's ring tone. I smile when my phone rings now because it reminds me that hubby and I have another romantic cruise coming up!

:D :) :D

English words: Jack Lawrence

Music and French words: Charles Trenet

Copyright: @1945 Editions Raoul Breton, Source: Beautiful Ballads, publ. by Hal Leonard Corp. 1994

Somewhere beyond the sea,

Somewhere, waiting for me,

My lover stands on golden sands

And watches the ships that go sailing;

Somewhere beyond the sea,

He's (She's) there watching for me.

If I could fly like birds on high,

Then straight to his (her) arms I'd go sailing.

It's far beyond a star,

It's near beyond the moon,

I know beyond a doubt

My heart will lead me there soon.

We'll meet beyond the shore,

We'll kiss just as before.

Happy we'll be beyond the sea,

And never again I'll go sailing!

http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/lyrics/beyondsea.htm (it plays the music)

Internet is a great thing, have fun! :D

OMG! I love that song...only because it reminds me of my Med. cruise to come in May 07. My son doesn't yet know about the trip (it will be a Christmas surprise) so I always sing it around him and he joins in (then I smile to myself at how happy he will be when he learns my secret!)

It is also my secret for success at the gym. When I am tuckering out on the treadmill I will start singing that song in my head and will pick up the pace just thinking about that cute little cocktail dress I want to wear! :)

It is also my secret for success at the gym. When I am tuckering out on the treadmill I will start singing that song in my head and will pick up the pace just thinking about that cute little cocktail dress I want to wear! :)

Nicely done! This is why I love music so much. It can change a mood for the better in a second, inspire and motivate us, and it sure makes daydreaming about things we look forward to so much easier.

Archived