Summit Royal Suite Balconies?

MAXWEBSTER

Hello. I apologize if this has been discussed before but I can't seem to find an answer.

We recently booked a Royal suite on the Summit and are concerned about the balcony coverings. I have heard (and seen pictures to confirm) that the RS balconies on the first two M-Class ships have completely exposed balconies save for a small awning over only 1/3 of the deck. I have also found vague references that state that the two newer M-Class vessels (Summit & Constellation) have properly covered balconies on the RS suites. I've found some detailed photos of the Constellation that seem to confirm this, but I cannot seem to find any info or photos on the Summit. Someone please confirm what the Royal suite balconies on the Summit are like.

Many thanks,

Max.

Thank you also! I booked this cruise at the last minute when I discovered that I actually had a two week break where I could escape the office. We have never cruised Celebrity before and aren't familiar with their ships. I didn't do much research... we just liked the itinerary and it fit the tight time frame so I booked it on the spot.

When we cruise we pretty much live on the balcony day and night so a large, private balcony was a must. The size was right on the brochure but I was horrified when I later saw photos of the RS balconies on the Millennium. It seems you're pretty much on public display if you dare go outside. That certainly was not for us. I was picking up the phone to have my TA cancel when I decided I should probably research the Summit... it might be a little different. I'm sure glad I did. We're now really looking forward to this cruise.

Thanks again!

We had a Royal Suite on Infinity for the 10 night cruise out of Vancouver on 9/3/2006.

These verandas are set out quite far from the verandas on the several decks above. The only real cover was over the hot tub on the veranda which is set back, and is accessible from the sliding glass door in the bedroom.

While we were doing the absolutely incredible run past the entire six mile face of the Hubbard Glacier, we could waive to our friends in the cabins above - and yes all of us were spellbound by how close the captain got to the glacier.

We didn't use the veranda much, because this was an Alaskan cruise. We did have several days where it was very pleasant to sit and watch the scenery and relax.

These verandas are no where as private as the verandas for the RS on the C-class vessels.

Archived