bed and breakfast in Dover?

amanda blake

Hi,

We stayed in Dover last July prior to our British Isles/Norwegian Fjords trip. We stayed at St. Alban's B & B. DON"T stay there. The rooms are very tiny and you won't be able to take your luggage upstairs with you. We had to take out what we needed for the night and leave the rest downstairs.

We arrived in Dover at about 5:00 P.M. and found almost everything closing for the night. We had dinner at McDonalds because of that. After dinner there was absolutely nothing to do.

I'm sure that there must be better places to stay than that, but next time, my husband and I have decided to stay in London overnight and take an early train down in the morning. It's only a 2 hour ride.

I am also interested in other people's opinions.

Shelley

I stayed with the Gibbons for 2 days prior to sailing out of Dover and loved the house and the hosts. The house is on a promontory and the rooms come equipped with binoculars to enjoy the sea views.

I highly recommend this B&B.

Ruby

When away from home on business I try to stay in a Premier travel inn http://www.premiertravelinns.com its a motel type chain. rooms are usually very nice (Ive had worse in Hilton 4* Hotels) cost usually £50-£60 GBP per night dependant on mid week or weekend for a family room. Theres always a pub/restaurant next door to them which is part of the same chain for breakfast or a meal in the evening. I think there are 4 or 5 of them around Dover

have a great trip

I am from the UK but have never actually stayed in Dover. However I have found the following website for accomodation etc in Dover. May be of some help to you.

http://www.stayindover.co.uk/hotels.html

Good morning,

Many thanks for that link. Will defenitely be useful when we gear down and start planning our summer '07 Fjords cruise.

Cheers

Claude G

;)

Hi Amanda...hope you got home safely from the Constellation TA in Sept.. Did you fly into Dover the day we sailed?

My Mom & I stay every year at the Ramada Hotel...most B & B's have lots of stairs & my Mom can't handle them. The Ramada is good & clean...nicer than the Ramada's here in the US. Send me your email address & I can send you the online site I use to book which runs about 1/2 of most sites (including Ramada's).

Happy cruising!!!

When away from home on business I try to stay in a Premier travel inn www.premiertravelinns.com its a motel type chain. rooms are usually very nice (Ive had worse in Hilton 4* Hotels) cost usually £50-£60 GBP per night dependant on mid week or weekend for a family room. Theres always a pub/restaurant next door to them which is part of the same chain for breakfast or a meal in the evening. I think there are 4 or 5 of them around Dover

have a great trip

We stayed at the Premier Travel Inn in Dover this August. Make sure you specify "Central" since that one is located on the seafront and you can see you ship in the morning from your room (if it is seafacing) and walk along the shore. The room was very clean and comfortable. There was a restaurant next door, but we ate at a restaurant in town.

WE stayed at St Alban's B&B the night before we left on a Connie TA,

Yes the Steps are steep but we had the first floor room and we only needed a change for the next day.

We arrived early in the day sharing a ride from our London Hotel with another couple who stayed at another hotel in Dover.

We used the hop on bus to go to Dover Castle which is a must see for all history buffs. Got the last bus back---walked around town and had a nice meal in a pub. Ran into many fellow passengers also staying overnight prior to the cruise.

Next morning had a breakfast cooked to order---went to town---1 block away---to pick up some items then our hosts drove us to the pier.

The rates were inexpensive, good service and we enjoyed a good nights sleep.

We had a good experience there not like the other poster.

Remember, your on vacation.Think positive.

Larry

well some wonderful advice here and great publicity for the b&b's...I better book soon...

jojogo...my email is....aqtwitch@hotmail.com

yes the transatlantic cruise was great...we flew into gatwick and got right on the ship...did not stay overnight in dover...but this time would like to, just get rid of the jet lag and be able to enjoy the cruise...

Archived