"Celebrity does not provide shampoo and conditioner onboard..."

Marylander

Good one, Carole! I'll take good care of Zenith for you next week!
I was wondering if you were still booked. I think we will be arriving (via Dave's Limo) after you depart, but I'll watch for you anyway. Hope you have smooth sailing to Bermuda, it's going to be cold on deck in NJ this weekend.

Did you check out our T/A for next September? It's a great itinerary and super pricing. Actually, you probably can't get away in September, can you?

Go pack, talk to you later.

...said Celebrity rep (Violett) on the phone. "Only soap", she added charmingly.

Since this is my first time on Celebrity, I am confused - such statement implies that I have to bring my own hair care stuff :confused:...

Even cheap hotels provide toiletries of that kind for guests.

Industry trend??!

I have seen "costsaving" solutiuons onboard of Princess; they installed a dispenser in the shower stall ("3-in-1" - liquid soap/shampoo/conditioner...), but what I've heard today is a bit astonishing.

Former Celeb cruisers - is this really true?

The issue may seem small, but if my DW needs to fly two bottles of shampoo and conditioner across the country (sans. TSA...), I would prefer to know for sure.

they do not provide.. there is a soap dispenser in the shower. However, I took a two week cruise, brought two small containers and did fine. You should do that too !

Absolutely bring your own as the mystery stuff is quite awful:( and what is sold in the onboard shops quite $$$.

You are so right -- I don't mind paying double -- but quadruple? I had to buy some hair spray, and I paid 4 times what the same brand costs at home. My spritzer broke, or I wouldn't have had to purchase the stuff.

I just simply would not take the chance with the shampoo and cond. on board. We have always had the combination in the shower but I found on the first cruises that it dried out my hair. On longer cruises I found that it stripped the color. I finally realised obviously I'm much better off taking my own.

I also counted on the lotion dispenser in the bathroom but sometiimes it's great, sometimes obviously it hasn't been used in a while and it smelled rancid. I spent one cruise using this lotion and I couldn't even stand to get into the elevator with this on.

I would definately recommed bringing your own products unless you plan to purchase products on board.

Alohavictoria, When the lotion smelled rancid and I asked the cabin steward if he could possibly change it out, he said that no he couldn't until it was empty.

Since then I have been taking my own.

I finally wised up after a few cruises. Take your own hair products that work best for you and bring along your favorite lotions and potions unless you are ready to spend major money in the spa.

The spa is a good thing but not everyone wants to spend a fortune there. Some do, some don't. :)

good grief, now i'm worried, do i have to bring my own toilet paper too,

pretty fussy when it comes to that

Archived