Le Havre: rent a car near docks

I will do a British Island cruise with Grand Princess next August 2007. It calls at Le Havre and I would like to rent a car.

I would like to know whether is some rent a car office near cruise docks or some rent a car company which could deliver the car at the pier or other rent a car option.

We have rented a card in LeHarve twice. Both times we had to gat a cab into town to pick up the car. If you are planning to see Normandy, this is a great way to go. If you are not familiar with it check out the Bayeau Tapestry, It is nearly 1000 years old and was made to tell the story of William the Conqueror's conquest of England in 1066.

Paul

We rented a car from Hertz it was a short cab drive from the dock. The taxi there was 10 euros and the return was only 8 euros.

We drove all over Calvados district as far at Liverot visiting cheese making farms and calvados making farms. If you are there on a Monday, be warned most stores & restaurants are closed.

After our drive through Calvados we drove to the shore to Deauville & Trouville then on to Honfleur. We loved Honfleur, enjoyed a glass of wine overlooking the harbor. Delightful place.

Enjoy your drive,

Francine

You might get more replies if you post your question on the Western Europe/British Isles forum (= sub forum of this board).

Lots has been posted there about Le Havre in the past, and, since you said your cruise also visits the UK, you will find information about other ports you're going to as well.

If you do a search for Le HaVRe on the Western Europe board, just make sure you continue to spell it correctly - I've noticed that some English-speakers refer to it as Le HaRVe for some reason, and that won't produce the search results you're looking for.

Archived