Sunset Beach vs Coz

CruisinRnG

I have been reading reviews that say the beaches in Jamaica arent as pretty as in Coz. I wanted to get a few opinions.. or photos.

I had my mind set on Sunset Beach but not sure now. I am wondering if maybe doing an excursion in Jamaica and hanging out at the beach somewhere in Coz is the better game plan. Would love everyone's input on where the prettiest beaches are. Would also love the photo's (did I already say that?). With less than 4 months to go.. I will take whatever I can get to keep me going. THANKS in advance!

I have been reading reviews that say the beaches in Jamaica arent as pretty as in Coz. I wanted to get a few opinions.. or photos.

I had my mind set on Sunset Beach but not sure now. I am wondering if maybe doing an excursion in Jamaica and hanging out at the beach somewhere in Coz is the better game plan. Would love everyone's input on where the prettiest beaches are. Would also love the photo's (did I already say that?). With less than 4 months to go.. I will take whatever I can get to keep me going. THANKS in advance!

I have to say that Sunset Beach in Jamaica was my favorite stop ever after 6 cruises. I would love to go back someday. It was $40 for adults and $20 for kids under 18 - all inclusive. Very nice place!! Stay away from the burgers, that is the only negative I have to say.

In Cozumel you can go to Paradise Beach for $14 each way taxi ride and the beach access is free. You can buy an $8 wristband for kids and they can use kayaks, snorkeling gear, water trampolines and climbing glacier. Great restaurant and bar on site and bathrooms with showers.

Email me at kporter@webfnb.com if you have any specific questions.

tkportersat, what made it your favorite? My thinking is this... We want to do a beach on one port and excursions on the others. Years ago I went to Playa and fell in love with the beach. It was the most beautiful beach I had ever seen. I want the one beach day that we do to be like that. I started reading reviews that the water isnt all that pretty and the beach itself wasnt all that great. Many raved about all there was to do and the "all inclusiveness". I am just not all that sure that we will be utilizing that part.

I have only been to Paradise Beach Club but have relaxed at Rose Hall Beach when at Mo Bay.

As mentioned, it is just a taxi fare to Paradise Beach. Lounges and umbrella's are free, food is very good and drinks are potent. We don't have kids and don't need the water toys, so our only expenses are for refreshments, no where near $80 plus taxi fares. The sand is clean (Tom's crew keep the beach as clean as the sea and elements will allow. The facilities and servers are great - relax, eat & drink, and experience warm sunshine.

As far as Sunset, we would not partake in all of the amenities included such as the water park or toys. The all-inclusive price seems high for us. We have loved private tours (safe and personalized) while on Jamaica. This island is the closest thing to Hawaii that I have seen minus the poverty. Also no hassles by vendors.

We can only take so much sun too and like to experience new places when we go to various islands.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

I have only been to Paradise Beach Club but have relaxed at Rose Hall Beach when at Mo Bay.

As mentioned, it is just a taxi fare to Paradise Beach. Lounges and umbrella's are free, food is very good and drinks are potent. We don't have kids and don't need the water toys, so our only expenses are for refreshments, no where near $80 plus taxi fares. The sand is clean (Tom's crew keep the beach as clean as the sea and elements will allow. The facilities and servers are great - relax, eat & drink, and experience warm sunshine.

As far as Sunset, we would not partake in all of the amenities included such as the water park or toys. The all-inclusive price seems high for us. We have loved private tours (safe and personalized) while on Jamaica. This island is the closest thing to Hawaii that I have seen minus the poverty. Also no hassles by vendors.

We can only take so much sun too and like to experience new places when we go to various islands.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

That is what we need to weigh against. How much are we going to use the amenities. We were interested in the Rose Hall tour and thought that unless we were going to spend all day at the beach it wouldn't be worth the money. Just trying to keep our options open the best we can. Thanks for your imput.

tvleaker - Just sent you my email address. THANKS! I love pics!

when were you at sunset beach? how far from the pier at montego bay? what was the cost of a taxi? how does one find out about the all inclusive resort other than here? meaning is there a site that offers this opportunity? very interested in going here with the family with two boys thanks!

Archived