Beaches

CruisinFools

One of my favorite stops on our past cruises have been to the ships' private island. This trip, however, we're not going there. Can anyone suggest a nice beach in Jamaica? I really don't want to do any "touristy" thigs. Last time in Jamaica, we did the Dunns Falls. Nice, but this time, we just want to lie on a nice beach and swim. Any suggestions? Thanks! (P.S, I don't want to have to go too far from the dock. Also, will we be assaulted by pan-handling Jamaicans if we try to relax on the beach?) Thanks!

I think in Jamaica those are a number of different requirements. There is a beach close to the pier relatively hassle free (security keeps the vendors out), but is not the nicest beach. This is the beach right at Margaritaville. If you buy food/drinks you won't need to pay to access. There is supposed to be a beach to the left after you get off the ship, but I have not gone there so can not provide much info. Mahogany beach is another option, but it will involve a taxi ride.

There are such beautiful beaches in Jamaica. You can research which are the best or arrange with a company (we used a-z planners) to make arrangements for you at the beach of your choice. The tour companies will pick you up at the dock, drive you to the beach, and bring you back to the dock. Also, most of the "all inclusives" have a day rate and you can contact them directly ahead of time for reservations and then just take a taxi to the resort.

Archived