Ziuderdam Eastern Caribbean - Sept 12 '04

flime2dc

Hello all.

Just booked a cabin on the Ziuderdam's Eastern Caribbean sailing for September 12th. My partner and are looking forward to a restful week but still want to know there will be any other gay/lesbian singles or couples on board to socialize with????

We are a group of 5 gay guys booked on the Zui for September 11th (Saturday) leaving for the Eastern Carb.

Your not alone...we have been on this ship before and have requested a FOD gathering...the cruise director, Dottie, is very nice and great to deal with. When I get onboard, I will request a FOD party and perhaps we can all get together.

-V26

"almost on our way"

Well I figured we wouldn't be the only two onboard, but who know a group of 5?:rolleyes: Are you all travelling together?

An FOD meeting sounds great. I don't think on our last cruises the ship hosted one, but I could be wrong - the other two cruises that we have done have been on smaller ships so we just found ourselves running into the same pairs of "bachelors" all time time.

Have you been to these ports of call before? Any tips on shore excursions (either sponsered by the ship or the do-it-yourself variety)? I think my partner (Scott) will probably spend his time scuba diving but I haven't gotten around to looking at things to do on shore yet.

Getting excited!

Hello!

I am a part of V26's group and am really looking forward to the trip. I've been to all the ports except for Tortola. I will most probably heeding V26's advice as he's an expert on the islands.

In St Thomas I can warn you about some unsrupulous taxi drivers - beware!

I've been to Nassau countless times and plan to stay on the ship that day.

Half Moon Cay is the greatest thing and lots of fun.

I hope to meet you all onboard!

BTW - I just got a fax from HAL. The ship's itinerary has been modified. We will now be going to Tortola on Tuesday and St Thomas on Wednesday. Unfortunately our time in St Thomas will only be till 6 pm, instead of 11 pm.

Hi Mike - Welcome

I had heard elsewhere on the boards (probably in the HAL section) that the itinerary has been regularly changed and that the St Thomas day had been cut short. Sounds like lots of people are ticked about it because some people chose this cruise because of the late STT departure. I didn't really have feelings about it one way or the other as Ive never been to STT before (except for a fuel stop at the airport) and I guess I won't know what I'm missing!

So you all are a group of five. I guess I'm really nosey :p but are you two couples and a friend coming along or are you all single?

My favorite time is while on board, so I don't mind the shortened time at the ports either.

Our group of 5 consists of one couple - V26 and his partner, and three singles. IM me on AOL if you like.

Hey flime2dc,

Sorry it took me a while to response to the thread...was in Orlando for business all week.

I see you have already met mikelan! We are a really down to earth group of 5 guys. Its me and my partner along with 3 of our friends who decided to all go on this ship. We have all been on the Zui before and liked it so much decided to do it again and we all can't wait to go!

Our group 5 (the fab 5) have been to these islands on many occasion but a first for some going to Tortola. Since my partner and I have been to these islands on many occasions we have the confidence to do our own excursions. If you need assistance or ideas regarding excursions you can email me at: voyeurism26@yahoo.com and I can suggest some really cool places to go.

For us (my partner and I) we are pretty much doing what we normally and have always done except this time we are planning to go to St. Johns and visit the "Baths" at Verda Gorda off the island of Tortola, which is beutiful and a great place to spend the day.

Looking forward to meeting with you and your partner onboard....keep an eye open for the FOD meeting. Its usually on Monday at 3pm in the Oak Room. (which I think is the first day at sea).

Keep in touch!

-V26 aka David

• 4 weeks later...

Macy's - lol

We're thinking we might actually break down and by one huge suitcase to share instead of dragging several little ones around with us.. Lets just hope it makes it on the airplane because if not I guess we'll have to buy a full range of HAL logo wear from the gift shop.

I broke down and bought a book on Caribbean cruise ports from Amazon last week (point and click shopping is just too too easy) and haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

And we're still waiting for our cabin assignment. WE booked a BA gaurantee so it will be interesting to see where we end up.

Oh my gosh...less then two weeks away and half of my body is already on vacation.

Sorry I haven't posted...just getting things finish at work before we head off to the deep blue sea. Hopefully the weather will be great!

I look forward to the cruise and meeting Eric and B/F...

See you soon!!!!

V26 aka David

Good morning all - Its Sept 1st - cruise is getting closer!!

I just checked our immigration form and we finally have a cabin assignment too - we booked a BA guar. and were bumped up a bit to an AA cabin. Mike I was hoping for an upgrade too to an SS but I wasn't holding my breath. This is our first time getting a balcony so it will be a good time nonetheless.

I am hoping the weather cooperates - sure seems like there are lots of storms down south these days. We were supposed to be hit by Gaston at the beginning of the week but it stalled out about 150miles south and really did a number in Richmond - all we had was a bit of light rain for an hr.

I'll have to send you guys a pic of us -- need to dig out your email addrs.. I still have them around here somewhere. Of course you can just look at the pictures-for-sale in the photo gallery and pick out the two men standing together :D

I feel sorry for the folks that are coming into port this Saturday and for departing guest that are leaving Septebmer 4th.

Lucky for us and our September 11th cruise and the weather will be great. Well its September 1st...and ready to go.

Please send pics of yourself...this will keep us from looking at the picture gallery onboard the ship to pick out "the family". But we do it anyways just to amuse ourselves!

Here is my email: voyeurism26@yahoo.com

See you soon!!!

V26 aka David

• 3 weeks later...

Archived