response from dan hanrahan

lschnauz

i have had many back & forth letters in the mail from the corporate guest relations regarding a complaint, with no acceptable apology. does anyone know how to get the attention of dan hanrahan without the "underlings" screening my letters. the 4 different corporate guest relations ladies have continued to send "bedbug" letters just with their usual apology scenarios.

In spite of all of this, we are currently booked on 2 future X cruises, they just don't seem to get it, doesn't seem like they appreciate our continued patronage!!

Did you book with a TA? Sometimes a letter from your TA with a copy of yours gets you much farther down the pike. While every cruise line should take every complaint seriously, especially with repeat customers like yours, there are still strength in numbers -- and your TA likely has greater numbers than yours!

I still remember the good old days when you wrote an email to Jack Williams and he picked up the phone and called you! Whole different breed in charge now. Seems their whole goal is to have as little contact with the guests as possible.

I remember both the Thank you na d the I'm sorry that you had an incident...phone calls.

Since RCCL bought X EVERYTHING has changed.

Just a taste, and I'll most likely be killed.

I used to work fro TACO BELL when it was bought out by PEPSI CO. It was bought out as a tax right off. We were told bad info and given bad instruction for business to keep the right off. Some of us kept up the quality, integrity of the original TB and were either threatened to be fired, or were simply terminated at the new owners discression.

My restaurant was frequently under supervision by corporate because it was high volume....In the end I was fired for selling a serving that was 1.2 oz....over what corporate designated...I did'nt make the burrito, buit it was under my watch.......Corporate actually tried to cite me for stealing by selling a drive through customer with a burrito that had an extra tablespoon of beef in it...

When I travel with X who is my favorite line, I sometimes have flashbacks.

RCCL is up to something...what I don't know....But Something.......

Be it a usa tax right off for the X ships, or some other excuse....It is doing something bad to a comapny it BOUGHT and is trying to slowly dissolve.

Call me wrong, i'll accept it...but prove me wrong and I'll ask for facts.

Dave:eek:

I remember both the Thank you na d the I'm sorry that you had an incident...phone calls.

I used to work fro TACO BELL when it was bought out by PEPSI CO. It was bought out as a tax right off. We were told bad info and given bad instruction for business to keep the right off. Some of us kept up the quality, integrity of the original TB and were either threatened to be fired, or were simply terminated at the new owners discression.

My restaurant was frequently under supervision by corporate because it was high volume....In the end I was fired for selling a serving that was 1.2 oz....over what corporate designated...I did'nt make the burrito, buit it was under my watch.......Corporate actually tried to cite me for stealing by selling a drive through customer with a burrito that had an extra tablespoon of beef in it...

Be it a usa tax right off for the X ships, or some other excuse....It is doing something bad to a comapny it BOUGHT and is trying to slowly dissolve.

:) Good evening,Dave....

IMO, the TB/PEPSI scenario is slightly different then RCCL/ X.

Your views on the motives Pepsico had and how they ''handled'' the takeover are quite accurate.

I however doubt that RCL is looking at X with the same binoculars....and would disagree that they are '' on to something'' to slowly suck the life out of X..

We're all deploring #1,, that Management style, off shore pre/post cruise sale service and communications are the three areas that have suffered badly since the purging of the Williams area at Celebrity;; that's an undisputed fact. Now, #2,, we find that preventive maintenance at Celebrity is slipping quite noticeably and no less dangerously. That of course would lead anybody to think that RCL is simply casting X off into oblivion.

#1 above is RCL's standard..... they've never been known to ge rocket scinetists whenh it comes to management, communication and customer service..... but :#2 is NOT ....and THAT, Dave, would make a prophet out of you. RCL still has a pretty good and well programmed preventive maintenance procedure....which begs the question: why are they shrinking the one Celebrity used to have ???

All in all, I still don't think they're setting up X to be a strategic tax writeoff and letting it slip into oblivion or disrepair; both are paying their way onto the balance sheet....and Pullmantour's acquisition makes more sense WITH Celebrity in your portfolio than WITHOUT ....

BUT....you do make a very valid observation....and certainly will get some good exchange of opinions and toughts on this matter.

Hail to Celebrity !!!

(Less than 2 months for our Full Transit cruise 8th December on MERCURY)

Cheers

Claude G

BTW; thanks for your recent review on MERC...fabulous and evere so pleasant reading.

C

;)

i dont know why i'm doing this but i will leap to hanrahan's aid.

last year we experienced some difficulties on our ride in the med.i was quite annoyed and wrote to hanrahan expressing my displeasure. i received what i considered an acceptable apology about 6 weeks after writing. along with the apology was $5000 of credits for use on future ride.i think they got my message.i also think they recognized the issues were real and deserved their attention.

so, i would say it was handled well and professionally.could the response have been more prompt? yes. but the important thing is they did respond.

My sister sent a letter last year after her not-so-great experience on Mercury and she got a phone call from Hanrahan's assistant and then received a voucher for $750 off her next cruise. I don't think that was a bad response to her concerns.

i have had many back & forth letters in the mail from the corporate guest relations regarding a complaint, with no acceptable apology. does anyone know how to get the attention of dan hanrahan without the "underlings" screening my letters. the 4 different corporate guest relations ladies have continued to send "bedbug" letters just with their usual apology scenarios.

In spite of all of this, we are currently booked on 2 future X cruises, they just don't seem to get it, doesn't seem like they appreciate our continued patronage!!

We encountered the same problem concerning our disastrous Summit cruise this spring. We were not as lucky as some of the above posters and received $100 each for missing over half of our cruise, which was Celebrity's fault, plus a worthless 30% off FCC for a full price cruise. Numerous emails and letters to Hanrahan have been ignored. Our calls to customer service have been answered with "read your cruise contract". For this whole incident we have received one form letter from the President of RCL, ending in the same way "we are going to do nothing more". I know there was a thread titled "Don't let them grind you down" that covered the same experiences.

Hopefully this post is "on topic" and not in violation of "community guidlines". Even though this particular event was not a very positive thing for Celebrity it is hoped that I, also, will be allowed to express my opinion. I agree with the OP, in that Celebrity does not "appreciate our continued patronage".

Off the bat, I wouldn't expect the top executive of a company to personally deal with each issue. Good managers, and executives are particularly knowledgeable about a certain business skill. It's called 'delegating'.

That said, I had a concern about an upcoming cruise, and directed it to the CEO. He didn't 'personally' handle it, and delegated it to someone else. Since it was resolved to my satisfaction I have no problem with this, and it resulted in an acceptable solution.

does anyone have an email address for hanrahan

in all my letters, i sent a cc to him, and never heard back,perhaps they just dump the copies in the trash

Hi Ischnauz,

I believe there is place to send an email to customer service, on the Celebrity website. I have tried that one and had no helpful response.

While there are many who have had some problems resolved by Celebrity Customer Service, there are many who have NOT had sucess in resolving problems and have been "discouraged" from posting their problems on these boards.

Good luck in resolving your problem.

The most notable thing about Celebrity's customer service is their total lack of consistency. An entire shipload of passengers was treated miserably by everyone, from the crew on the ship all they way up to Hanrahan, on a Mercury cruise last March. Then, lo and behold, the same thing happened on the next cruise and Celebrity fell all over the passengers trying to make them feel warm and fuzzy. I've decided it all depends on someone's mood at the moment! :rolleyes:

fab1

i meant $5000

Apologies.Sounds like you must have had some serious problems. Hope the credits made up in some way for these. I would hate for my cruise to be ruined. I am sailing for the 1st time on 11/03/06 and am hoping we don't encounter anything too serious. Just keeping my fingers crossed.

I have recieved satisfactory responses from mr hanrahan in the past. One thing that might help is to send your letter by registered mail. It might help it to get into the right hands. I think that sadly the day of the customer always being right is over but sometimes persistence pays off.

After reading the responses from everyone, it seems that a personal response from Mr. Hanrahan is not forthcoming. Yes, a letter from one of his delagated helpers (or is that assistants) has been sent to those lucky enough to desereve a response, but in all lucklihood very few are read by him except those most legally threatening.

As for me, I haven't received a return response from Mr. Hanrahan or his helpers to my letter regarding a life threatening incident on the Galaxy in August. Though my letter was supportive to those who deserved the accolades and critical to those in Guest Relations who seemed annoyed and barely supportive (and there is much more to this saga than written here), my letter presented constructive ways to be supportive in future situations as mine. I didn't and don't expect anything in return except an acknowledgement to my letter and concerns. That's just being courteous and having good business PR. Well, as of today - no response after 2 months. That's not good for business.

So I'll take this non-response and it will be my response. It will be a long time before I consider spending my money and cruising with Celebrity. I'm not going to be treated this way and the only way for me to get my message across to Mr. Hahrahan is to spend my money with another cruise line. Until people speak with their wallets much will not change, and the way it looks now with their ships full, expect to be ignored.

Michael

fab1

no apology required. i think some of the folks who post complaints on these boards actually look for reasons to complain, perhaps to receive freebies?? when we go on a holiday we of course expect everything to go just right and we expect certain standards of performance from the ship/airlines/hotels etc etc.but sometimes, not often, there are problems and they have to be dealt with. we understand that everything isnt always perfect and when there are unsatisfactory incidents (which almost never happens to us) we dont let them ruin our holiday we have a good time anyway.

in this particular case,the difficulties we experienced were of sufficient annoyance that a letter to a senior representative was in my judgement warranted so we wrote mr hanrahan. i did not expect to hear back from him directly (i assumed someone in customer service would be delegated the task) and i did not. we didnt rant we simply explained what happened and why we were concerned.the lady who responded was apologetic and sympathetic. what more could we expect.

so i would say x was consciencious and concerned about customer satisfaction.

we sent our first letter to Dan Hanrahan about a month ago and received a fabulous reply with two very generous vouchers!! Perhaps the tone of your letter might have something to do with the way it is answered. We pointed out our problems and also pointed out the specific staff members that worked over and beyond job description to make things right. I do believe the powers that be hear all letters both good and bad.

I would think that by now they would have done something with it like dissolve it or whatever. RCCL has actually owned Celebrity longer now than Celebrity was on their own. I think its easy to blame them for whatever ills are going on..

I suggest that you write or call Ms. Jayme Porkolab - I have had very good service/responses from her and she is the Director of Customer Relations. She clearly has the ear of Senior Executives and I have reason to believe that she follows through on individual concerns.

Note: I, too, had tried the Dan Hanrahan route with little response (but his office did ask Jayme to respond and she did). As some of you might remember from other threads - I also make it a habit to write to comment individual staff for excellent service. I think it's important to provide balanced input.

Archived