Sun In Melbourne

suexxx

I thought it was out at Port Melbourne. The same spot the Sky docked and you could only see it from a distance, not like Darling Harbour, where you can sit at the resturants right in front of it almost.

When in Nov is she out.

Hi Suexx. you will have a wonderful time watching ships......

the Pacific Sun is due to berth at Outer West Station Pier. from 0800 on the 6th November. leaving 1900 on the 8th.

The Pacific Princess will berth at Outer East Station Pier on the 7th November , from 0700-1700.

The Statendam will be at Outer East Station pier on Wednesday the 8th November from 0800-1800.

I don't know how close you will be able to get, security will no doubt be tight.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

Hi Suexx. you will have a wonderful time watching ships......

the Pacific Sun is due to berth at Outer West Station Pier. from 0800 on the 6th November. leaving 1900 on the 8th.

The Pacific Princess will berth at Outer East Station Pier on the 7th November , from 0700-1700.

The Statendam will be at Outer East Station pier on Wednesday the 8th November from 0800-1800.

I don't know how close you will be able to get, security will no doubt be tight.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

When the cruise ships are at Station pier, you can't actually get onto the pier, unless you are a passenger on the ship - or on the Spirit of Tasmania, so viewing is a bit difficult. But there are places around the pier that you can see the ships, particularly if they're berthed on the western side (right side if you are looking out into the bay).

Melbourne must be getting busy.

This is posted on the Cruise Critic Ports of Call board Au/NZ

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=427051

Geelong Australia

We are on the January 5th 2007 Sydney to Auckland on the Statendam. My TA just sent me a message that we will be docking in Geelong instead of Melbourne due to port congestion. Geelong is a city 75KM south of Melbourne. Any one out there know any about this port.

Thats a long way to go to Melbourne for the day!!!!!

Melbourne must be getting busy.

This is posted on the Cruise Critic Ports of Call board Au/NZ

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=427051

Thats a long way to go to Melbourne for the day!!!!!

Not really, Geelong is Victoria's second largest city and there's a major freeway between the two - probably only takes about 45 mins (if the traffic is moving) to get from Geelong to the Melbourne CBD.

There's quite a number of ships travelling between Sydney & Auckland this summer - most of them going via Melbourne, so no wonder Melbourne's busy this year.

There's no congestion at Station Pier on January 7 (the day Statendam is going to Geelong). Station Pier is actually closed to all traffic on that day for the "Blessing of the Waters" Ceremony, a tradional Greek Orthodox ceremony held every January.

Archived