LIVE From 10/15 Freedom of the Seas "Crown & Anchor" Cruise

LauraS

Hi All ~ a quick update ~ an awesome day! Spent the afternoon at Paradise Beach (perfect weather) relaxing. Then took in the show this evening before dinner.....it was ABBA Cadabra...a group performing ABBA songs. I swear you thought you were at an ABBA concert. By far, the best show I've seen on any ship. They were awesome! Just puts you in a good mood -- as one lady say as we were walking out of the theater -- "I feel young again!" ;)

Late seating is DEFINITELY at 8:30 PM.

Ken Rush told us he is brining out Liberty as well as the third, yet unnamed ship in this class.

Don't know if Abe is moving onto Liberty but I'll ask when I see him again.

Grand Cayman tomorrow. Looking forward to more sunshine.

So far, it's been one fun and fantastic cruise! Great passengers, crew, food, sunsets, etc., etc. Sure glad we are here!!!!

Karen (and all the other hosts) ~ we wish you were all with us. We're having a blast!!!! Wait till you see the photos.

Later....

hi all...hope you are all having a great time. Can you try to find out when Jimmy Blakemore (performer at night at bull and bear) is going to be leaving the freedom? Also when is ken rush supposed to leave? thanks and have a great 2nd half to your cruise!

• Administrators

Hmm...not too sure I like Anne's comment re: photos especially after my posting of her 'star glasses' shot..lol

I had difficulty accessing all day yesterday (before/after Paradise Beach of course). I just could not get on.

Today, we are arriving late into Grand Cayman, yet we left Cosumel (keyboard issue again) on time. No explanation as to why. Our fearless group leader now has to do a bit of scrambling for our group of 50 who are doing the Nativeway Excursion this am. Hmmmmm....couple that with no internet access yesterday.......definite annoyance but we will perservere (sp?).

We did have a great day on Paradise Beach yesterday. PB Tom is a great host and it was a glorious day. My son was happy to try a jetski and all was well in the world of a 19 year old. -- especially after spending his morning on Flowrider -- which is where we are heading just after breakfast again.

Grand Cayman, here we come...

Willl try another photo upload later,

Laura

Hi, Anne,

Thank you so much for the info on Ken, and I appreciate that you'll check with Abe for us, too.

May 19th seems soooo far away!

Enjoy every minute of your cruise this week (as I know you are). I'm reliving my Freedom cruise with all of you. We had the BEST cruise ever in June on Freedom. Perfect!

Lynn

Henry….Amanda LOVES Henry. He’s her favorite man on the ship. Henry is right outside our cabin door right now and says to tell all of you hello.

When we’re home, I’ll be sure to post a wonderful photo of Laura that you will all enjoy.

Ken Rush didn’t say when he’d be leaving Freedom to head over to Liberty. If I can remember, I’ll ask. I’ll also try to remember to ask about the guitar player in the pub.

Lynn ~ you're most welcome! We're having a great time, too!

Off for another fun day!

Anne,

I'm really hoping Abe is going to the Liberty, too!

And last question (I promise), have you happened to hear whether Cindy, the Loyalty Ambassador is going to the Liberty? She wasn't sure when we were on the Freedom, but I would be thrilled to see her again, too.

Now I promise, promise, promise to stop bothering you! Can you tell how excited I am to finally be booked for an inaugural cruise?

Lynn

Thanks to all of you for posting while on the cruise. As I wait for my cruise on the FOS in March 07 I read every review posted following each cruise. This is the first I have seen posted as it actually happens. Great idea. However, I hope you guys are not waisting a lot of your cruise time setting in the internet cafe. You waited to long for this cruise to miss a minute of it! I visit the cruise web cam sites frequently and today have Georgetown, GC up on the monitor. The FOS looks beautiful setting their. What a view. Not quite what you are getting when you tender back, but as close as those of us who are landlocked can get right now. Looks like the weather is great for you today, and the seas look calm. Hope you are having a fantastic time. Keep the post coming.

Would appreciate good reviews on the food, crowds, pools (are they as crowded as some say?) , and type of dress in the dining room (is everyone in jeans?). We sail Freedom Oct 22nd so look forward to your comments.:)

Hello from one Rochesterian to Another, Hope you had a great time on your cruise. My husband & I are taking one (Mariner) on the 4th of March. This will be our first cruise, and we're really looking forward to it. Any advise?

I hope you enjoy the pics although apparently I'm not the greatest photograher...my own camera isn't working and am using my son's supposedly better one....it isn't the camera folks, its the person taking the photos...lol

Our Meet & Mingle was the largest ever recorded, but apparently that isnt the only record on board this sailing..supposedly the largest number of Crown & Anchor members EVER are on board this sailing. Stands to reason most of them know about Cruise Critic.

It was a pleasure meeting all of you. I'm a bit humbled by so many of you sharing what Cruise Critic and your fellow community members mean to you. It proves to us that while we have all the info, up to the minute news and the best board system out there......it really comes down to the people you meet. Thank you all for the kind words you shared with me today, I will take them back with me to remind me each day what "community" is all about.

I have to share that Emmy did a wonderful job being "INTERVIEWED" by Ken Rush for the WEEK IN REVIEW video. You'd all be so proud of her...

After the interview I spent most of the day at Flowrider. This is such a fantastic addition to this ship...it really "FITS" so well with RCI's Get Out There slogan. My son spent almost the entire day (between snacking) on Flowrider. The best is that so many folks stop to watch and cheer everyone on.....its fun, folks are nice about all the tumbles the surfers take, and those who Get Out There and try this are really encouraged by all.

Tonight is formal night, and as Anne mentioned it is at 8:30 so I need a bit (more) time to get gorgeous...

Talk to you all tomorow, we're decending on Paradise Beach......

Laura

Laura, thanks for taking time to keep us up to date *and* to upload photos as well. Enjoy the rest of the cruise, this is great being "with" you there.:)

Fran in Toronto

Hello from one Rochesterian to Another, Hope you had a great time on your cruise. My husband & I are taking one (Mariner) on the 4th of March. This will be our first cruise, and we're really looking forward to it. Any advise?

Wow was so surprised to see someone from Rochester on this board. We leave saturday for Miami, then we do Sunday to Sunday on Freedom. We have done Mariner, you will love it. The Capt is wonderful (Capt Johnny) and the crew is one of the best. Advice - well if you want to do one of the special resturants, like Portifino get your reservations the day you get on the ship, otherwise it sells out. Watch your Cruise Compass (read it every night/day so you know what is going on) for when you have to go get the ice show tickets, you dont want to miss that, it is great. I am sure you will have a great time, we love the RCCL ships and crew. Enjoy, we started cruising 10 years ago and are so hooked!!

• Administrators

One thing is for sure, you willl NOT find yourself in your cabin very much on this ship. There us just so much to do at all times of the day, and if you don't find a specific activitiy that interests you there is always a feature on the ship you need to check out, or just plain people watching in general.

One of the things I enjoy most about cruising is viewing other cruise ships along the way. Yesterday in Grand Cayman we saw Triumph, Navigator of the Seas and Pullmantur's Holiday Dream, which is docked just in front of us today here in Jamaica.

We arrived on time into Jamaica this am at 7 o'clock. The sun is shining as it has throughout this cruise. We're so lucky, as my husband who is back at home says...the weather is gloomy and chilly back in NY.

Last night we had a wonderful...and I do mean that....dinner in Portofino's. All Cruise Critic hosts attended, along with our Cruise Critic 10th Anniversary Cruise Prise winnerw....Elisabeth and Richard. We had two tables for our party of 14 situated just inside right up against the windows. Our ressie was for 7pm so we had a lovely view until sunset. When I return I'll share each course, because it does deserve sharing...but lets just say we enjoyed every single course and bite.

We're off for some shopping, but Dan says I can share his flowrider video, so here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC20uwhrvKM

Guest KimberlyB

Yeah, man, that kid can hang ten! Thanks for sharing that awesome footage, Laura, and send big props to Dan!

Your hubby is right...the weather has been gloomy and chilly, although I think we might see some sun today. Of course, by the time it comes out, it will be 5 o'clock and then the sun will start setting...

ENJOY every minute of your time away and all that sunshine! Have fun shopping!

I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Big Thank you to all who are reporting live from the Freedom. I know how hard it is to get online. When we were on the Freedom, it was impossible. And the pics are great too.

Laura, is that your son on the Flowrider. Whoever it was did a great job:D

I wish I were back on the Freedom

anybody find out if Jimmy Blakemore (bull&bear pub guitar player) will be onboard for much longer? just curious as to what his plans are? also ken rush? thanks for taking the time to read cruisecritic during your cruise.

and great flowrider video that was!

Good afternoon, everyone! Today is Thursday, I believe you are in Montego Bay, Jamaica! I will never forget the warm welcome we received there on Freedom's inaugural!

How was Rum Point and the weather yesterday? Hope all you who went had a great time!

Emmy, if you check out this thread, we have some news regarding an old dear, dear, friend...:p

Hope the time goes reeeeeeaaaaallll slow the rest of the week for you!

Archived