Question about tipping room service

teresa222

I just had a wonderful cruise on Carnival Holiday. My friends and I never figured out if we should tip room service, I had read on these boards that it is proper to tip $1 to $2 for every order yet they had read on the pamplet that came with the cruise documents that the tip was added at the end of the cruise so u didn't tip. Which one is it (for future reference)? BTW- I just never ordered room service, so it never came up!

Thanx!

Teresa, it's customary (since you're asking about Carnival) to tip the room service delivery person $1-2 each time he/she brings an order.

I'm usually a solo cruiser, and tip $1 for coffee and croissant only, but $2 for larger orders like sandwich, salad, and dessert. (I also hand them a mini-pack of M&Ms with the tip...big smiles every time!):)

I wouldn't tip over $2 because my logic is that the cabin steward gets only $3.50 per day for an entire day servicing the cabin...so I think $2 for room service personnel is plenty for bringing one tray of food.

anytime we order room service, we usually tip 5$,, especially if they get there quick,,, which they did on NCL

on carnival we ordered something and it took 2 hours..... it was crazy, but we still tipped, im sure the person delivering isnt the one making the food..

:)

I feel that one should always tip but again that is up to each individual. For small orders like a sandwich or snack I give a couple of bucks. When I order breakfast for two in the morning and it consists of the hot items I go at least $5.00 as it is a lot to carry. Go with what you feel comfortable with giving.:)

We generally tip $2 in the morning for coffee and danish.

Service has always been speedy. On the Celebrity Horizon I swear the guy must have been waiting outside our door. It seemed like it was never more than 5 minutes from the time I hung up the phone:eek:

Charlie

on carnival we ordered something and it took 2 hours.....

:eek: Surely, you're kidding!? In TEN Carnival cruises, and using room service at least once a day, I've never waited over 8-10 minutes for any room service order. Seriously, my orders usually arrive wthin 5-6 minutes! That must have been a really, really busy time!

Archived