Apr 07 - Vegas to Miami - Help!

idocdlw

Okay experts...help me out on this one. Need airfare for a friend joining us for a 1 April 2007 cruise out of Miami. You can get to Vegas on the cheap, but it seems getting out is a whole different story, especially during spring break time.

I've checked round trips, one ways, multiple carriers, etc. and the best I can find is $425 (when taxes are rolled in). Any ideas/advice??

Okay experts...help me out on this one. Need airfare for a friend joining us for a 1 April 2007 cruise out of Miami. You can get to Vegas on the cheap, but it seems getting out is a whole different story, especially during spring break time.

I've checked round trips, one ways, multiple carriers, etc. and the best I can find is $425 (when taxes are rolled in). Any ideas/advice??

I would just hold right, April is still a long ways away.

If you want some ideas of what fares are doing, check out farecast.com

Jeff

You are flying to Miami during spring break, if the price goes down, it won't be by much. You might want to try going into FLL (Fort Lauderdale) as an alternative airport and rent a car or catch the ship's shuttle bus to Maimi. I would also suggest flying in the day before and spend the night at a hotel. You are already loosing 3 hours changing time zones.

A suggestion....Try going on Delta on 2 seperately booked legs....1. LAS/SLC...2. SLC/MIA...SLC/MIA should be reasonable. Salt Lake has nonstops on Delta and not too many Spring Breakers.

Keep 'em coming. I've tried most of what ya'll have suggested before posting here, but every once and a while, someone will have a novel approach that turns out to be a great solution.

I know spring break is expensive...I'm just frustrated that to fly out of Vegas is so expensive. My family is flying out of Maryland and found awesome airfares about a month ago ($218 each). When I invited my friend to accompany us, I didn't even take into account how much airfare would cost her...I feel kinda bad and would like to help her find the best deal available.

Southwest flights are only open through 3/9/07. Check daily for when they open through March.

Another possibility is to check the fares out of Los Angeles and San Diego to Miami or Fort Lauderdale. Your friend can either drive to LAX or San Diego or take a cheap Southwest flight.

The reality is that Vegas is a long way from Florida. You can't compare fares from Maryland to Florida with those from Vegas. :)

Archived