Americans to Boycott Bermuda ??????????

FIRELT5

We've never been to Bermuda, but it's now on our future cruises list!! Let's all start a reverse boycott!!!

It is great to see a country stand up and actually enforce the law without backing down to public opinion. It is a good lesson for America and for our government. The majority of people just want what is right and fair, and only ask that all be treated to the same rules and laws. Not just for us, but for our visitors too.

I guess political immunity just didn't work for the bullies this time! Makes me feel much safer knowing the countries I visit while cruising are actually upholding the law, making me feel safer, and more welcome too! Bravo!

From the beginning, Bermuda hasn't been thrilled with cruise ship tourist traffic. The island was VERY reluctant to allow larger capacity ships to port just a few years ago.

I'm sure Bermuda wholeheartedly endorses and applauds a boycott by any 'backslappers' of the defendants they've jailed!

SOMEONE PLEASE FIND THE EMAIL ADDRESS OF THAT JUDGE...I WANT TO CONGRATULATE HIM!!! He is doing the right thing...when he sentenced the 2 perps he said that it would be the same sentence he would have given for any citizen of Bermuda...GOOD FOR HIM!!! He is doing the right thing...for justice and for Bermuda. And let this stand as a warning for any other jerks who think that they can run wild in Bermuda.

Boycott the people who Boycott Bermuda over this issue!!

Bermuda is now tops on my list!

These "men" got exactly what they deserved, really, IMHO, less than what they deserved. I guess the civil court system will probably work out the rest and unfortunately, possibly the divorce court system.

I do a lot of volunteer work at my daughter's school and I see lots of parent/child combos like the one in the article. It's about time someone take a stand. I just wish it occured on American soil and an American judge expressed the same sentiment about violence against individuals and meted out the appropriate punishment.

It's heartening to see the Amish reaction to violence in their community and I hope we all learn from their incredible example of courage and forgiveness.

• 3 weeks later...

I think these guys got off light! Now Bermudians have to pay to keep them for 3 months! Hope the courts fine them enough to recover all costs incurred. What were these guys thinking? That's right, they were drinking not thinking. If they didn't care what they were doing, why should anyone care now? Good thing they are not in China, they could have been executed! I tried to find an e-mail address....all I could find was a regular address.

Government Home

Did anybody else have any luck??

We'ver been to Bermuda 4 times so far and going back on June 2nd and can't wait. I truly feel Bermuda is paradise for all the many reasons all the posts on this thread have made. Now I'm going to book a second Bermuda cruise for 2007!:)

Archived