No Captain's Club Upgrades?

moondoggie

We just booked our next cruise using *****.com. The agency said that Celebrity will not honor our Captain's Club upgrades unless we book a category 10 or better. True or false? This has not been our experience booking past cruises.

Thanks!

We just booked our next cruise using *****.com. The agency said that Celebrity will not honor our Captain's Club upgrades unless we book a category 10 or better. True or false? This has not been our experience booking past cruises.

Thanks!

Hi Moondoggie !

I am pretty sure that the Captains Club Upgrade, is not good for inside cabins.

Dont worry about it too much. The CC upgrade given, is a 1 category upgrade, and it doesnt change your cabin size at all. What it typically changes, is that you wind up 1 deck higher.

Regards,

Andy

Upgrades are available on inside to inside or outside to outside rooms only - no suites, verandas, or concierge class rooms. The upgrades start at cat 11 - which means you can get a cat 10 room at a cat 11 price.

According to the Celebrity website:

"One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for inside-to-inside or outside-to-outside staterooms, depending on availability. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Suites, ConciergeClass and verandas excluded. Not valid on holiday sailings or Reunion Cruises. Zenith, Horizon and Century: Upgrades available from categories 11–3; Galaxy, Mercury, Millennium, Infinity, Summit and Constellation: Upgrades available from categories 11–4."

When we get the Captain's club upgrade, we select the room we want and then it is priced as one category lower. Maybe your TA was doing the same. Since they start at cat 11, maybe he was giving you a cat 10 cabin for a cat 11 price.

I had reason to phone Capt. Club today, during conversation I found out

Upgrades start at Cat 11, but are inside to inside and outside to outside. I ask TA for price of Cat 11 then mention "as Capt Club member #xxxxxxxx I assume I will get Cat 10 for that price". It is possible your TA was "not very with it" not all really know the job beyound turning on the computer.

also

7 nights thru 11nights count as 1 cruise, 12 nights up count as 2 cruises. for Capt club total

Silly question....

I booked category 11 (didn't want to book those category #12 cabins) through www.icruise.com for their price of cat 11.

Can I call and ask about reduction (it's really only $10 so not a big deal anyway) or it's too late? Maybe they can upgrade us to Cat. 10?

Btw...when I was filling their application there was a question about my Capt Club # which I entered.

Upgrades are available on inside to inside or outside to outside rooms only - no suites, verandas, or concierge class rooms. The upgrades start at cat 11 - which means you can get a cat 10 room at a cat 11 price.

According to the Celebrity website:

"One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for inside-to-inside or outside-to-outside staterooms, depending on availability. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Suites, ConciergeClass and verandas excluded. Not valid on holiday sailings or Reunion Cruises. Zenith, Horizon and Century: Upgrades available from categories 11–3; Galaxy, Mercury, Millennium, Infinity, Summit and Constellation: Upgrades available from categories 11–4."

When we get the Captain's club upgrade, we select the room we want and then it is priced as one category lower. Maybe your TA was doing the same. Since they start at cat 11, maybe he was giving you a cat 10 cabin for a cat 11 price.

Tatka, I think you are too late.

To get the upgrade, it had to be requested at the time of booking (but it is not a big deal anyhow).

Wes

Archived