Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale/Miami

Avril

I'm on the New Years sailing of the Carnival Legend (12/26/2006). It is an 8 day cruise and I'm staying for 2 extra days after. I want to see the Florida Evergaldes, go to South Beach Miami and be close to the beach. Would it better to stay in Ft. Lauderdale or Miami? Also, does anyone know any good hotels in either city?

I'm on the New Years sailing of the Carnival Legend (12/26/2006). It is an 8 day cruise and I'm staying for 2 extra days after. I want to see the Florida Evergaldes, go to South Beach Miami and be close to the beach. Would it better to stay in Ft. Lauderdale or Miami? Also, does anyone know any good hotels in either city?

Since South Beach and the Everglades aren't anywhere near Ft. Lauderdale, I suggest you stay in South Beach.

What is your budget?

Great mid range hotels:

Doubletree Surfcomber

Loews

South Seas

Beacon

Colony

Townhouse

Cardoza

Keep in mind, top end hotels in South Beach go for hundreds of dollars per night and the mid range hotels would be bordering on luxury in any other city in the US.

That's true. But if you don't mind driving 30-40 minutes, then you will get better hotel deals in Ft. Lauderdale. The Sheraton Yankee Trader and Sheraton Yankee Clipper are good hotels on/near the beach with good prices. Also, try hotels in Hollywood, Fl. There are some good beaches and hotels right on the beach with a boardwalk there! It is located about 15-20 mins. South of Ft. Lauderdale, towards Miami. Nearly halfway between. Good Luck!

Archived