Need Help Again

elou

I Was Wondering If It Is Better To Tour The Island Or Do An Independent Walking Tour To See The Historical Sights. I Love To See New Islands, But Do Not Want Any Beaches. Seems A Lot Is In Downtown, But Then I Get Confused Reading About The Tours. Please Help. Thanks Again.

• 2 weeks later...
elou,

Curaçao is a very diversified island, everyone visiting will find something of their liking. Make a list of what you personally like and you can probably do it on Curaçao!

enjoy,

Henry"Leo"Plaate

Rent-A-Guide

Hi, looks like you have lots of answers for us: we are planning on skipping the formal tour and just doing, maybe a beach trip and some snorkeling. There will be 4 of us, all past the age of being considered young and 1 does not snorkel. What do you suggest? Should we hire a taxi when we arrive, bargain for a 1/2 day tour or what? We will be in Curacao Dec 3rd.

thanks in advance,

Nita

Hiring a taxi can be quite expensive (maybe you should ask, on the board, who did this and for how much). For the four of you, any one way ride will be at least $20-$25. If you rent a car for the whole day approx.$50.

You could buy a tour at the pier, for $15 p.p., ± 2 hours with the small tour operators and some will drop you of at a beach and pick you up. However this is not the best snorkel site, nice fish, but that's it.

enjoy,

Henry"Leo"Plaate

Rent-A-Guide

Thanks for your response, After talking to our friends who have never been to Curacao here is what we think we would like to do: They are very anxious to see the island and snorkel as well. As for the quality of snorkeling, this isn't as important as they have done so little anything is fine with them and I have snorkeled in some really awesome places thus just want the experience. We normally don't spend more than maybe 1/2 hour actually in the water looking at fish. We are looking for a tour that is maybe 4 or 5 hours.

do you or anyone have any suggestions? I have been looking at the Blue Angel tour company. They seem to have a pretty good selection at a very reasonable price.

Anyone out there with ideas please let me know.

thanks a bunch,

Nita

Archived