Coki Beach, Sapphire Beach, Magen's Beach, Trunk Bay

Have you checked out the ST. Thomas threads? There's lots of info. there. Also do a search on webshots.com for pictures.

I answered your other post about Megans. I've been to Coki Beach. It's a small beach - good for snorkling, not a lot of rentals. It's next to Coral World which is an aquarium. They have a discount coupon on their website.

Sapphire beach is located just past Red Hook where you take the ferry to St. Johns. They have chairs to rent, snorkle equipment, parasailing, jetskis, etc.. It's at a timeshare location. It's about $10 each way I think by taxi. If you've never been to ST. Thomas, I would suggest doing a Godfrey tour. They will take you on a tour and you can request to be dropped off at Sapphire for a few hrs and they will pick you up. It's almost the same price as just paying the taxi fare and you will get to have a tour too.

I went to St. John last month and it was absolutely AMAZING!!

I had been to St. Thomas before and thought it was ok. We went to Coki Beach 2 years ago and I thought it was rather small and crowded.

Trunk Bay is a National Park so there is beach, water and more beach!! They do rent scuba gear and have a small building where you can get a drink and something to eat but it is much less commercialized than St. Thomas. As soon as I got to the beach in St. John, I got in the water and did not get out until we left.

It was well worth the trip and I would go back in a heartbeat!!

We have been to all of these beaches and ports. Maegan's Bay on St. Thomas is the most beautiful; jitney taxi each way is easy from Havensight. Coki is great for snorkeling (bring dog cookies). Sapphire was OK but I did find a slight undertow when we were there and more waves than calm like Maegan's & Coki. If you are worried about time to St. John's, take a ship tour the first time. We had a horror story on the Red Hook Ferry, so I won't scare you. We finally made it back in time!

Enjoy your cruise and don't try to do it all.

Bon Voyage

Can anyone give me information or pictures about these beaches? I had posted before about Magen's and Trunk Bay and am a little hesitant about going over to St. John just due to time and such...

I have a few pics of the beaches in St. John, click on the link in my signature and look at the Zui cruise photos.

Can anyone give me information or pictures about these beaches? I had posted before about Magen's and Trunk Bay and am a little hesitant about going over to St. John just due to time and such...

I've been to all of the beaches that you mentioned and believe me, Trunk Bay is the best and least crowded (unless of course there are 7-8 other ships in port that day). Megan's Bay to me is not as good as it used to be. There is also another beach close to Havensight and that is Morningstar Beach near Frenchman's Reef hotel which is also nice. If you want to go to Trunk Bay, take the ship's shore excusrion and you won't have to worry about getting back to ship on time. ;)

I spent a day in port in St. Thomas in Feb 05 and this past January I spent a week there because there was so much more I wanted to see. While I did love Megans Bay I thought St. John is less commercialized and crowded, it is absolutely beautiful. I wasn't very impressed with Sapphire or Coki beaches. Since the time you have is limited I would suggest doing the ship excursion to either Megan's Bay or Trunk Bay, you can't go wrong with either.

My advice: If it's your first time visit, stay at St. Thomas and don't loose any time, because there are a lot of nice beaches to visit.

I shot some pictures from some beaches ;)

- Coki Beach

DSC00886.jpg

- Magens Bay

DSC00922.jpg

Archived