Drinks in Camp Carnival

OceanDreamin

My daughter, who will be in the 6-8 year old group in Camp Carnival on our cruise in April, does not drink Soda - just water, milk and juice. I wasn't going to get her a soda card, but then I started reading on the various boards that they charge you to get juice at a bar. It got me wondering . . . do they charge for the drinks the kids get while in Camp Carnival as well?:confused:

I posted this question on the Carnival Cruise Line message board, and only got one answer - which seemed to say that they don't give kids drinks at all in Camp Carnival!:eek: Only if they go to other areas of the ship are they given drinks.

Can someone please clear this up for me? If my DD gets thirsty, will they page me so I can come and get her to take her to the Lido deck to get her a drink of milk or something?

If they do provide drinks but at a fee, would I be better off geting her a "soda" card, just so she can buy juice and milk if that's what she wants?

I can't believe that on a ship sailing somewhere very warm that they wouldn't keep the kids hydrated, so I'm probably worrying about nothing. :rolleyes: I'd feel much better if I knew for sure though. Thanks in advance.

Although I didn't think to ask, I'm sure they have something for the kids, probably water as the previous poster said. If not, just send a water bottle along. They're usually in camp only 2-3 hours so it probably wouldn't be a big issue anyway.

Camps on carnival are not an all day thing-- most days camps are closed from noon til 2 then again from 5-7.

Even with a soda card--the kids are not taken to the bars to get soda to drink.. Not everyone has a card. In the camps there are water coolers..

PS-- Kids are also NOT taken to the pools for swimming either

On the Princess cruise we just took, there was a drinking fountain and a counselor in the kids' area explained to me that only water is offered to the kids so the counselors don't have to keep track of allergies or who is allowed to have milk or soda and who isn't. I don't know how it works when they take them to dinner.

Best,

Mia

• 1 month later...
On the Princess cruise we just took' date=' there was a drinking fountain and a counselor in the kids' area explained to me that only water is offered to the kids so the counselors don't have to keep track of allergies or who is allowed to have milk or soda and who isn't. I don't know how it works when they take them to dinner.

Best,

Mia[/quote']

As long as DD has access to water, I'm more than fine with that. It makes sense that the counselors shouldn't have to think about who is allergic to what and/or who is ALLOWED to have soda or not. Thankfully DD doesn't LIKE soda, so that is a non-issue for me, even at dinner. Given a choice she'll usually ask for milk, but she loves water too.

Thanks again to everyone. :)

Archived