How cold in Caribbean in January?

dionibas

Once you get south of Florida (the Connie is sailing out of south Florida right), the weather should be warm and beautiful. You should definitely plan on bringing at least a sweater though as the interior rooms on the ship can be chilly and when the ship is moving through the water at night it can be chilly with the wind.

Most islands never go lower in temps then 85 degrees days-but I can tell you-on both of my winter cruises-we had storms-and it was MUCH cooler-I don't think it hit 65 and I was cold-both ships especially were cold.

So make sure you bring some shrugs/boleros for those sundresses.

Our Jan. cruise was somewhat cooler than summer; days averaged 72-85, nights in the sixties. I was never cool enough during the day for a jacket or sweater and we were able to swim and snorkle without problems. Mornings were a little cool and breezy on deck, but not bad.

I always bring a sweater or long-sleeved top of some kind for the dining rooms and a jacket or hoodie for the deck at night, just in case, but I don't always use them, even though I'm very cold-blooded. (We usually walk on the jogging track or around the decks after dinner to work off some of that food!)

Of course, it all depends on the weather pattern you happen to hit. It can be very, very hot or relatively cool. But almost guaranteed to be warmer tha most of the US in January!

Our Jan. cruise was somewhat cooler than summer; days averaged 72-85, nights in the sixties. I was never cool enough during the day for a jacket or sweater and we were able to swim and snorkle without problems. Mornings were a little cool and breezy on deck, but not bad.

I always bring a sweater or long-sleeved top of some kind for the dining rooms and a jacket or hoodie for the deck at night, just in case, but I don't always use them, even though I'm very cold-blooded. (We usually walk on the jogging track or around the decks after dinner to work off some of that food!)

Of course, it all depends on the weather pattern you happen to hit. It can be very, very hot or relatively cool. But almost guaranteed to be warmer tha most of the US in January!

There were af ew people snorkling last February in Grand Cayman but it was much too cool to me-I did not even get it the ship's pool the whole cruise. Very few people did.

In December, it was much warmer on the outside decks than inside- it was frigid in there! The water was not warm enough for my taste to swim (but many people did) and the hot tubs were great. I will bring more sweaters next time, mostly for the dining room and bars as they get chilly- my fleece jacket was good for cooler mornings on our balcony.

We're sailing on the Connie in January. We've always been only in the summer. I have alot of sleeveless dresses for day and evening. Will I freeze? Am I crazy or should I just go shopping right away???

We went to the Western Carribbean in January this year and it was hot. The only day that wasn't was the last sea day. I'd suggest bringing a cute sweatsuit or some other warmer outfit in case you get a cold snap like we did. I thought the water in both ports was plenty warm enough and it was hot on the ship on the lido deck the first three days of cruise. You'll more than likely be fine with sleeveless summer clothes.

We're sailing on the Connie in January. We've always been only in the summer. I have alot of sleeveless dresses for day and evening. Will I freeze? Am I crazy or should I just go shopping right away???

Living in Las Vegas I am used to 95+ weather below 70 I am grabbing jackets. I am cruising in January in the Caribbean and the word that I am taking to heart is layering.

I guess it depends on what temp you "freeze" at!!

Caribbean in January-March is my favorite time of year there, not too humid, not like summer sweltering. It's prime season so temps are most comfortable.

As stated, layers are always your best bet and only you know what your'e comfortable with.

Have a great cruise!!

Archived