Just Back from Freedom of the Seas (10/8-10/15)

suzy671

Just wondering if you had a full ship? What time did you get off the ship? did you have to catch a flight and what time was it? As you can tell I'll nervouse about my flight time. But can't wait to go. Glad you loved it.

We had a 2:15 flight and was at the airport by 9:30. If your concerned about catching a flight I would do self-assist, your off the ship between 6:30 a.m. and 7:30 a.m.

Dining times were 6:30 and 9:00

The only part of the ship that I though was crowded was the pool area and the windjammer.

I would recommend getting the ice show tickets as soon as possible, I had heard that they ran out. If your in a suite you automatically get them or the Conceige can get them. We did Chops on Wed and it worked out fine.

Ken Rush was the cruise director, I forget who the captian was.

Thank you for your e-mail.

The second seating dining time of 9:00 pm on the Freedom of the Seas was a test and has now been changed back to the original time.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Doris Wilhelm

Customer Service Representative

Got this response from RCI regarding late seating.

For those of you who just returned .... the only negatives that I have heard are the elevators, to few, alot of walking and the food is average, I heard everything else is awesome ..... true ???

poka daddy you are so right about this.....elevators are very slow, just too many people at peak times, ship is huge and you do walk a lot, i have had much better food for lunch and dinner and other lines and back on rccl 2000 explore, but this ship is amazing and so much to do, one of our tables mates wanted to skip dinner one night because it was taking too much time away from ship being that there was only 2 sea days, this ship is amazing and I would jump back on it in a heart beat.;)

day after cruise is alway hard on me....like going threw withdraw well next one is only 90 days away ....3 months and counting..:D

If you stayed on the ship on port days, did it seem less crowded especially at the pools?

port days was like heaven on the ship and in the pool it was great, suzy my wife loved the pool, couldnt keep her out of it. Sea days it was packed and meet greet is 1st day at 1030am and by the time you are done, pool area is packed.

Was it hard to get ice show tickets? Any suggestions on which night to do a specialty restaurant? Were any shows missable?

i would suggest to do ice show on wednesday night 930 show we did it after group ate at chops ....chops at 6pm had time for show...i also would keep tuesday night open for the quest try to get there soon as they open doors and get a good seat, dont miss it we had a girl called sweet 16 that showed everything lol:o also get your tickets early we got our from concierge because of suite, but heard that wednesday shows did sell out

Suzy, who was your Cruise Director and Captain?

ken rush is cd and will be on board until mid january then vacation for 2 months and then he will be going over to pick up liberty and will be cd on liberty of the seas;) ken is amazing always out and about and full of engery

We just got back from the same sailing as Suzy ( Hi Suzy ) We had a 12:30 flight out of FLL and was at the airport at 8:00. We carried our suitcases off ourselves. So if you have a early flight I wouldn't worry about it.

john/carla we miss you guys already thanks again glad you had no problem, we must do it again ;)

If you do the ice show on Wednesday after eating at a specialty restaurant did you miss a show? If so which show?

ice show has 2 shows on wednesday night, so i you go to paid dinning early and then ice show at 930 you dont miss anything....you sound like me dont want miss anything:eek:

ALL of the shows are scheduled around the dining times so you don't miss anything. We were on the 10/1 sailing and the dining times were 6:30 and 9:00. We were able to make every show we wanted to. The theater shows and ice shows are on alternating nights. The dining times have since be changed back to normal. We were down in studio B to get ice tickets at about 11:00 am when they opened at 9:00 am and we still got tickets. Friends of ours were able to get ice tickets the night of the show. They got lucky. They had plenty left for any of the nights.

Charo was the entertainer on our cruise but she left in one of the ports to head back to Vegas.

Archived