Aft Suites on Princess Ships

czarinahil

My husband and I cruised on the NCL Star in Hawaii this past January and had an aft suite. While we loved the views and the fact that it was less windy, we did not like the fact that you really felt the ship movement from this location.

We are currently planning an Alaska cruise (Vancouver to Whittier or the reverse) for next summer (June or July 05) on one of the Princess ships and we are a little wary of the aft locations of the suites on a few of the ships.

Is the water rough on this cruise? Has anyone had one of these aft suites and can speak of their experiences?

Also if y'all could talk about some of the pro's and con's of the many different Princess ships that cruise Alask that would be appreciated!!

Thanks for your help!

Hilary

Although- you will get many reports of smooth sailing- it is far from a guarantee. 3 out of 10 of my Alaska sailings encountered rough sailing. Frankly you are on water- expect movement anyway. As for aft viewing- excellent for scenery- poor for marine wildlife. But most always a rave location. Consider being out on a front deck however for part of your glacier sailing day- full front views are the best. :)

Thanks for your responses. The pictures were great! The balcony looks huge!! I think we will try an aft cabin and try to split our time on our balcony and on the decks for viewing.

Now if we could only decide which ship to take :rolleyes:

Hilary

We just came back from the Coral Princess S.B. Whittier to Vancouver. Our cabin was C720 mini suite. The balcony is mostly covered (that's why I picked it)in case of rain which we didn't get and the views were great. We did go on deck for part of the time in Glacier Bay and then went back to our balcony were we had perfect view of the glacier and it's caving. If I knew how to post pictures I would but I'm not very good with the computer. We had no problem with any rough water. One time in the middle of the night I felt the ship shuttering but nothing unbearable, my husband thought that maybe it was because we were at full speed, I don't know.

Archived