New Serenade Cruiser asks what is "The Quest"

OK, in lots of reviews people say, "Don't miss the Quest."

No one says what it is.

Is it a game show, a scavenger hunt, an activity, a challenge game -- what is it? When does it happen -- day or night? Whatever it is, I don't want to miss it!!!! You don't have to give it away -- just give me a category.

OK, already, you've got me intrigued!

OK, in lots of reviews people say, "Don't miss the Quest."

No one says what it is.

Is it a game show, a scavenger hunt, an activity, a challenge game -- what is it? When does it happen -- day or night? Whatever it is, I don't want to miss it!!!! You don't have to give it away -- just give me a category.

OK, already, you've got me intrigued!

Ok...definitely don't want to give it away but it is really fun. It is fun to participate but also just as much fun to watch.

To try to answer your questions w/o giving it away.....

It is a game. It is just for fun....nothing too serious! Not too physically or mentally challenging. Anyone can participate. But it definitely is for adults only! Definitely no one under 18 should attend and anyone that is easily offended/embarassed should not attend. It is usually held around 10:30 in the evening but which night depends on the itinerary and other activities, etc. It is usually held in the Colony Club/Safari Club (different names on different ships)....one of the larger lounges. You need to have a group of about 6 people. If you don't have a team, they will sometimes help put people together to make up teams. You need to have both male and female on the team. Sit as close to the "stage" (or dance floor) as possible. Even if you don't have a team or don't want to participate....definitely go watch!

The Quest is HILARIOUS! The others gave you a good idea of what it is without giving too much away, but all of the scavenger hunt demands are done within the room to give you a better idea. Just a matter of finding items and doing things as quickly as possible to get your team the most points :D Definitely do not miss it and if you are outgoing and not easily offended, definitely get involved as well! :D

you can go to webshots and do a search using the search terms "royal caribbean quest". don't include the quotation marks. there are a couple of photos that will tell you all you need to know. or, you can choose not to peek, and show up based upon the responses prior to mine, having been informed that it is, in some folks' opinions, fun, funny, not to missed...and that it is not for anyone under 18 (and that is not a matter of opinion).

it is of no interest to us and so we have not attended, but that is an example of why there is such a broad range of ship board activities to appeal to different tastes.

It is so much fun, I can't wait to go again :)

Agreed with other posters - no one under 18 and don't go if easily offended. If you want to watch but not participate you need to sit in the back as the front is for the participants. It is a game/scavenger hunt, but all contained in one room :)

It's not that it has to be a secret, but there's no way (especially in print) to describe the game without it sounding totally inane. It's very funny..although so much of that depends on the CD....to participate in and to watch, whichever you prefer. It can get very raunchy.

it is not to be missed, but in aug on the AOS they made us wait till night 6 what is up with that, the previous year it was like night 3 or 4, it really all depends on the CD too Richard Spacey and Allan Brooks do a great quest, it even got X-Rated this August and Simeon Baker, the CD,was even taken back when the incident occured!

Quest was probably the highlight of our Christmas cruise last year - the kids (all teenagers) are still laughing about it....so I don't necessary agree that it is for only over 18 - not a good idea for little ones but for mature teenagers I think it is ok and my 84 year old mother just laughed and laughed....plus we met some very nice people that we still correspond with who helped out our "team".....enjoy

Thanks everyone. This is right up my alley. My husband and I are the types that dive into events like this -- scavenger hunts, talent shows, karaoke competitions -- you name it. We will be there for the Quest!

Thanks -- from the response -- I can tell this is going to be a cruise MUST!

Is there a lot of "running around" involved in Quest???

The folks on my CC thread for our Radiance cruise in 18 days want me to be the Captain.....are they setting me up for major embarrassment??? LOL :eek:

Umm, Robyn, all I can say is if they want you to be Captain, wear pants and flats to the Quest (from the Captain of the Serenade of the Seas 3/11/06 winning team:D).

Umm, Robyn, all I can say is if they want you to be Captain, wear pants and flats to the Quest (from the Captain of the Serenade of the Seas 3/11/06 winning team:D).

Okay, you're freaking me out now! :rolleyes:

I'm not the fastest runner in the world ( need a GOOD sports bra for that! :o )

I think I should respectfully decline so the team actually has a chance of winning!!!

Okay, you're freaking me out now! :rolleyes:

I'm not the fastest runner in the world ( need a GOOD sports bra for that! :o )

I think I should respectfully decline so the team actually has a chance of winning!!!

Robyn just get a seat really close to the dance floor, you won't be doing much running (they don't make a good enough sports bra for me to do much running;)). It's the other activities that are involved that I recommend the pants for.

I had planned to watch the quest as I also read about it here without knowing exactly what it was. Well, we got a lot more involved than I had planned and kind of got our tablemates involved. WE ALL HAD A BLAST!!!!

Do not hesitate to go and don't be afraid to sit up near the front. It is so much fun.!

Sue

Don't worry Robyn; on the Voyager class ships (so maybe on the Freedom class), they have the Quest in the ice rink. The captains are on the ice rink floor; the participants are in the seats. You do not have to get to the CD first; there are no extra points for doing so. That differs from my first Quest on the Vision. You do not need to run far at all, and as long as you get to the CD before time runs out, you will get the same number of points as everyone else.:)

You will have more than just your group too; they will divide the ice rink up into sections.

As everyone else has said, The Quest is hi-fricking-larious. I will not miss it.

When we were on the Mariner, the CD (Kirk Detweiler) said something to the effect of, "If you're under 18 and your parents don't know you're here, you need to leave. Parents, if your kids are here with you tonight, they might be getting an education you don't want them to have yet".

Archived