Dec 2007 Trans-Millie - new itinerary

alohavictoria

FYI for anyone signed up for the Dec 2007 Millennium trans. They have completely changed the itinerary and there will be no stops in Morrocco at all. I'm extremely disappointed, but on the other hand I heard RCCL is sailing to Asia beginning in Dec 07. Can't find a bit of info on it yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll be cancelling the trans on the Millie.

I'd be surprised if it was security per se - Morocco is not a centre for terrorist activity.

There is however some tension between Morocco and Spain. There are a couple of 'spanish enclaves' within Morocco (Ceuta is one) and there are increasing problems with refugees getting into Spanish territory. In fact there are also problems with boat loads of refugees making their way from Morocco to the Canaries as well. I wonder if RCI/X have been asked by the Spanish govt to not voyage direct from Morocco to a Spanish port, eg Lanzarote?

We are booked on the 12/2/2007 Millie cruise. Checked "my reservations" at the Celebrity website, and indeed there has been an interary change.

While we are disappointed that they dropped the two Morocco ports, we are pleased that they added Malaga and Seville Spain as well as an additional Canary Islands port, and changed to Haiti from Nassau.

While Morocco is a islamic country, we doubt that security was an issue, however, it could be. In our opinion the radical islamists have made Americans targets in countries which are predominately islamic.

The important point of this post, is that we are not cancelling our booking, and look forward to the TA, and visiting ports which we have never before explored.

I'm not sure. I'm just glad that I found out early on about the change. I haven't been to Morocco in years and was really looking forward to going back. Sometimes we cruise just to cruise but other times it's all about the itinieray. This was one of them. Luckily it's early enough to find another cruise to fall in love with (it's so easy to do) RCCL just posted their Asia cruises yesterday for Jan 08. Interesting itinerary. Just as one goes away..another great one comes along!

DMK, Nassau was sort of a nonstop for us - stay aboard. Will have to do some research about the port in Haiti in order to determine whether or not we will give up the comfort of our cabin to see the area.

The flea market off of Bay Street in Nassau can be very very scary - it certainly spooked my DW on not one but two ocassions. This will be our eighth cruise in three years, and we have never done a TA - also, we will be going to places that we have never gone before. Ole!

Archived