Dawn - Tendering in Cabo?

Tahoestarr

Michael is correct. All ships tender at Cabo since there aren't any facilities to dock a cruise ship.

If you book an independent tour, keep in mind that the ship's tours will have priority on the tenders. Allow at least an hour and a half after the ship is cleared for disembarkation (between 30 - 60 minutes after arrival) before you're on the pier.

Ixtapa definitely (at least the last time I was there) and Puerto Vallarta depending on how many ships are in that day (when I did Mexico on Dawn Princess, we tendered in PV).

Thanks, Brian. While I don't have to know absolutely every little detail about the cruise ;) , it's helpful to anticipate and prepare for possible delays during disembarkation - if we get off the ship.

Sailing on the Dawn in 100 days! Star in just 20 days!

Chris

Answers below.

Cruising 11 nights on the Dawn in January. Besides Cabo, what other Mexican Riviera ports require tendering?

Mazatlan? No

Ixtapa? Never Been so do not know

Puerto Vallarta? Usually No, have tendered there in the past went too many ships

Acapulco? No

Thanks for your help.

Chris

it's helpful to anticipate and prepare for possible delays during disembarkation - if we get off the ship.

When I was on Dawn Princess in PV, the tendering process was underway and even though I had priority tickets, I was in no rush…I found a quiet spot on the pool deck with a good book – before I knew it, the day was gone and I had a very pleasant afternoon – never did get off the ship. But, I’ve been there before, so I knew what I was missing.

Larry, on the Crown just this month, they had better wine glasses. They provided them with the better wines served in the Vines Cafe and at the Adagio Bar. They weren't Riedel but were something similar. Okay nothing else is like Riedel in my opinion but they were good enough. Hopefully Princess starts to restock these glasses for all their ships for all the better wine that they serve.

Toronto.. My friend was on the Dawn a couple of weeks ago and said no larger glasses. I will ask if they have them the first night. If they don't I am bringing mine to the table the second night. Since they don't cost that much, I might leave them.. Here is what they look like..

http://www.mikasaandcompany.com/control/product/~category_id=OPENUP/~product_id=D2937

Chris...

I am bringing my own wine glasses..

Presumably, Larry, you're able to drive to the port in SF. Not sure how our wine glasses would fare flying from Detroit :eek: .

I'll be sure to ask the Maitre d' to serve our finer red wines in appropriate stemware...

Cheers!

Chris

Ixtapa definitely (at least the last time I was there) and Puerto Vallarta depending on how many ships are in that day (when I did Mexico on Dawn Princess, we tendered in PV).

When we were on the Dawn in April, we were told that the Dawn tenders in PV every second cruise. Unfortunately for us the Dawn docked at the pier the cruise before us so on our cruise, we had to tender. Usually I don't mind tendering but this tender from PV was not so pleasant.

Toronto.. My friend was on the Dawn a couple of weeks ago and said no larger glasses. I will ask if they have them the first night. If they don't I am bringing mine to the table the second night. Since they don't cost that much, I might leave them.. Here is what they look like..

http://www.mikasaandcompany.com/control/product/~category_id=OPENUP/~product_id=D2937

Great looking glasses. I'll have to check the outlet mall here to see if they have them......Or you can hide them on the ship and I'll pick them up in Jan. when we go......LOL. :cool:

If you look on the personalizer, and you click on "review or print my travel summary on the right side", then click on "my itinerary" also on the right side, it will list your ports and whether or not you have to tender. We are on the DP Jan 3, 2007 and we have to tender in PV, Cabo and Zihuatanejo.

the Stanger

You'll actually be tendering in Zihuatanejo. Ixtapa is nearby, around 4 miles away. Zihua is a rustic, traditional fishing village, while Ixtapa is more of a modern resort. We'll tender right in the bay of Zihuatanejo. I love that little port. Too bad we couldn't stay longer! I never made it to Ixtapa.

Leaving from SF on an 11 day Mexico on the 29th... My cruise docs say tendering in Ixtapa and Cabo

You'll actually be tendering in Zihuatanejo. Ixtapa is nearby, around 4 miles away. Zihua is a rustic, traditional fishing village, while Ixtapa is more of a modern resort. We'll tender right in the bay of Zihuatanejo. I love that little port. Too bad we couldn't stay longer! I never made it to Ixtapa.

I know.. Ixtapa had less letters to type.. :D

just off the dawn yesterday. Tendered for both Zijuat and Cabo. the tendering went very quickly for zi as there were not a lot of excursions through the ship, plus many people did not get off because we were in port for such a short time. Cabo, different story! Lots of ship excursions and they all had priority. We went and got our tender ticket at 9 and were off the ship around 9:45 after all the Princess tours. Were at the dock by 10.

Nice thing was we didn't have just the ships lifeboats as tenders the port of Cabo had many of their smaller boats to help out.

Note to get back to the ship, long wait in Zi (again because were in port such a short time and everyone wanting to get the most out of the port right to the last minute) in Cabo no wait at all to get back.

We docked right at the pier in Alcapulco, Mazatlan, and PV.

Vickie

Archived