french pedicure colors? help!

so, I've been doing my toenails french-manicure style. I do them myself because a) I'm cheap and b) I've tried and tried and tried and now I'm pretty darn good at it.

But, here's the problem.

Evidently I stubbed my toe or dropped something on it, or SOMETHING (have no idea) because my left big toenail is all bruised. My cruise departs on Sunday. It will not heal by then (I'm pretty sure)

So.. when I do my french pedicure, i use traditional colors, a sheer light pink/beige and then an offwhite for the tips.

But it won't work because my bruise shows through.

So, i need ideas on what to use instead of the sheer pink/beige. Should I Just try to find a similar color that has a lot of pigment in it (Not sheer) or does anyone have any other ideas for color combinations that can look classy (not "hip" or "wild")

thanks!

so, I've been doing my toenails french-manicure style. I do them myself because a) I'm cheap and b) I've tried and tried and tried and now I'm pretty darn good at it.

But, here's the problem.

Evidently I stubbed my toe or dropped something on it, or SOMETHING (have no idea) because my left big toenail is all bruised. My cruise departs on Sunday. It will not heal by then (I'm pretty sure)

So.. when I do my french pedicure, i use traditional colors, a sheer light pink/beige and then an offwhite for the tips.

So, i need ideas on what to use instead of the sheer pink/beige. Should I Just try to find a similar color that has a lot of pigment in it (Not sheer) or does anyone have any other ideas for color combinations that can look classy (not "hip" or "wild")

thanks!

I don't really have an idea on the colors...I just wanted to say that I'm amazed (and in awe) that you can do that yourself! :)

Wow!

(P.S...I bet it will be a while before that bruised toenail will be better...it may even have to grow off.. :eek: )

Hi!

I'm not sure a French Manicure would look good with a darker shade.

I am no manicure expert but IMHO, a regular nail polish application in a darker shade (brown, gold, burgundy... it depends what looks good with your skin tone), would look better on a bruised toe nail.

As I said, this is just my humble opinion.

aw man I am so sorry about your toe! OK....I am the "different" one in the family...at least I was...it's a trend now..lol. I have Dark blue on right now...I have done many colors....just depending on the mood...outfit..etc. I have never been looked at weird for asking for a "color". But I usually do it myself as well. Grab a few colors and try them out!

Have a great cruise!!!

I don't really have an idea on the colors...I just wanted to say that I'm amazed (and in awe) that you can do that yourself! :)

home french manicure & pedicure

from

http://www.esthersnc.com/french-manicure.html

But, if you would like to save a few dollar bills by doing it yourself, at home, follow my tips!

from

http://www.pedicurecenter.com/french_pedicure.htm

DD was a bridesmaid in August and found French Manicure Press Ons (I think she had to buy nails and toes) but I could not tell the difference up close. They were amazing and lasted for quite a while, you might try WalMart or some of your local drug stores for them if you have time.

Enjoy your cruise, I too am in awe of anyone who can give themselves a really good manicure or French braid their own hair.

Bev

For my last cruise I had my nails done in a french and I ended up picking a subtle sparkly pink. It was not sheer, but was in the same hue, so it looked good. Now the sparkle aspect was NOT in your face sparkle. It had a HINT of it, and it seemed more like a sheen. I thought it was very attractive, and had several compliments on the color.

Sometimes I like my french mani/pedi to be a little bit darker, and I use a white top coat. It's not as white as the tips, and isn't put on as thick, so you still get the french look. That should work.

Worse comes to worse, put on a nice pink/fuschia color. I don't think that's too wild or crazy and I think it always looks very nice (especially in the Caribbean).

But, here's the problem.

thanks!

My cruise leave on Sunday also, Happy Sailing ! Had my pedicure this past Monday, and when I go for my manicure Saturday, they will put on another top coat and I'll be good to go for 14 days at least.

About my Happy Toes, I have a different color on each toe ! Red,Orange, Dark Purple, Dark Pink, Lite Blue, Navy Blue, Yellow and two shades of Green, Emerald and neon, and Last but not least, Magenta. ! I match no matter what I wear ! People always notice them and ask about them. One top coat of clear with tiny sparkles and then clear top coat. Try this, and you cover you poor bruised toe just fine !

The first time my manicurist suggested this, I was a bit leary, and she only used 5 light shades, but I loved it so much this past week, I let her go a bit wild. :D:D

Archived