Got my cabin no. & upgrade!

icemaiden2310

Checked my cruise personaliser and I got my cabin number! Was told I woudnt get it til boarding seeing I am going single. I was to be on Riveria share 4 inside and now Im Main deck Outside:D . Thank god everyone was telling me inside wasnt that good but a cabin is a cabin. Ill be interested to see the changes made on Sun since June Ill let you all know. Im a little nervous now but the excitement is overtaking that

Cruziechick, yes it is usual to be upgraded, I've been upgraded 4 times out of five. you got a good upgrade there.!!:D

I think it is better to share a twin than a four berth, especially if you don't know the others, some people are party animals, some want to sleep in the day and the worst part is if someone is seasick!!!:eek: but that is just my opinion!!

You will have a great time! make sure you get to all the stuff like pjama party and other get to know you things!!

Cheryl

• 2 weeks later...

I got upgraded on my cruise in March. My friend and I were supposed to be sharing with 2 strangers in a 4 berth room on Riviria deck inside. And when I checked the cruise personaliser, we had been upgraded to a twin room! Still on the same deck and still inside but it was great. Because it was just my friend and i in the room and we didn't have to share with strangers after all!:D

I guess upgrades can happen if you are lucky!! :)

Checked my cruise personaliser and I got my cabin number! Was told I woudnt get it til boarding seeing I am going single. I was to be on Riveria share 4 inside and now Im Main deck Outside:D . Thank god everyone was telling me inside wasnt that good but a cabin is a cabin. Ill be interested to see the changes made on Sun since June Ill let you all know. Im a little nervous now but the excitement is overtaking that

Congratulations on your upgrade!!:)

Congrats on your upgrade.

I kept looking at my CP for Princess, to see if we had been upgraded. We weren't upgraded, but we were happy with our cabin on Aloha Deck.

I wonder how they decide who receives the upgrades

It's a combination of cabin requests/requirements of other parties/groups on board and them moving you around to suit, and also them managing their yield (each standard inside/outside cabin has the same costs associated with it, so an 'upgrade' from inside dolphin to outside aloha inherently has no cost to them, apart from the loss of revenue from the sale of that cabin). Moving more people to the same part of the vessel will mean another area can be kept empty, and save cabin steward costs etc.

Archived