Planning dinners around the special events.

Hi,

Can a Voyager alumni please tell me when the special events, such as the captain's farewell party, etc. typically occur on a 7 day Caribbean cruise (day/time)? I would like to begin thinking about when to schedule dinners at the various restaurants, and would like to pick days/times that won't conflict with the various pre-planned activities/events.

Thanks much for your insights!

Ragnar

Don't stress about this! You plan your dinners for your own convenience. All those cocktail parties take place before the dinner hour! Maybe when you are there, you will meet someone you decide to go to dinner with. If not, get in the line waiting to get in the DR and say, "I want to eat with others"

Our cruise did not have any "formal" nights. I have read that some people prefer to dine at Signatures on a formal night (not sure why -- their menu does not change).

Our experience was that the menu and wine choices at Compass Rose seemed a bit more upscale on the night of the Captain's reception (2nd night at sea) and the last evening. We booked Latitudes for the first night and Signatures in the middle of the cruise. This worked well for us -- the food in both restaurants was exemplary.

Another opinion about dining -- although we found La Veranda "okay" during lunch, it was our least favorite place . They do a very nice evening meal -- no reservations required. I'd recommend giving it a try.

Enjoy!

Archived