Houston to Galveston via Enterprise

Smiling Cruiser

YankeeClipper581,

Try the Enterprise office in Seabrook, Texas. (281-474-4466) Someone once mentioned using them when going out of the Port of Houston (which, by the way, is in LaPorte, Texas). Seabrook is only a few miles south of LaPorte and the Port. There is also an Enterprise location on NASA Rd.1 in my area (281-338-0303) and we're about 10 minles from the Port.

We rented with Hertz for this cruise (4 of us). Fly in to Hobby Sat. nite, car there, drop off Sunday, free shuttle to pier. Post-cruise pick up car at pier at 9 am, return to Hobby for 12:15 pm flight. Used AAA discount. Like the convenience of pier pickup. Maybe a little more $ than Enterprise (?), but cheaper than shuttle and more convenient for us.

• 2 weeks later...
Same thing is happening to me:

Got 1 way Enterprise rental IAH-Galveston for $50 (AAA rate) at the end of January, but they were sold out for the return in early February. Got the return to IAH booked with Hertz for $65 (corp rate). Both price quotes include taxes and are for economy/compact cars but that's OK since there's only two of us...

I'm glad that Enterprise was available for the pre-cruise rental since Hertz wanted $111 for that one..

Only 7 1/2 weeks to go...

Can you please share the phone numbers you used to book with both Enterprise at IAH and Hertz in Galveston? I am getting a serious amount of runaround and would like to figure this out already!

Thanks so much!

I reserved a car from Enterprise at IAH and will be driving down to Galveston. I will report back my experience when I return. I can say I was told there would be a shuttle near the baggage claim at IAH to take me to the Enterprise office. Yes, the price I was quoted on the phone included the drop off fee of $40.00. We'll be using Hertz to return to the airport at the conclusion of the cruise as we like the idea of picking up the car right at the cruise terminal.

One other idea, is to rent a car and park it at EZ Park for the cruise. As crazy as this sounds I just did this at the end of Oct for a 4 day cruise out of Galveston. I bid $8.00 day for a car on Priceline and got it from hertz for $8.00 day. It was cheaper to pay for parking and rental then drop off fees!!

The car was waiting for us when we got off the ship no hassles! Try Priceline!

I am also flying into Hobby airport but I am sailing with NCL out of the port of houston. I will be in Houston a day early and wanted to rent a car. I was wondering if anyone knew if Enterprise or anyother agencies have a drop-off location at or near the Houston port. Any suggestions as to where to turn would be appreciated.

We book a car thru Enerprise. We are flying in a day early going from Hobby to Port Houston, La Porte, on the NCL Dream.

I am also flying into Hobby airport but I am sailing with NCL out of the port of houston. I will be in Houston a day early and wanted to rent a car. I was wondering if anyone knew if Enterprise or anyother agencies have a drop-off location at or near the Houston port. Any suggestions as to where to turn would be appreciated.

We book a car thru Enerprise. We are flying in a day early going from Hobby to Port Houston, La Porte, on the NCL Dream 1/27.

We booked a car thru Enerprise. We are flying in a day early going from Hobby to Port Houston, La Porte, on the NCL Dream 1/27.

Today, I phoned Enterprise at 409-740-0700 to book a vehicle for our cruise out of Galveston on April 29. Enterprise no longer has a "drop off fee" in the amount of $40.00. It is now $60.00. To rent a mid-sized car that will accomodate three adults, three large suitcases, three carry-ons and two garment bags. The fee from IAH to Galveston with a drop off on the 29th is $105.16. That includes the rental and the early drop off. The return trip to IAH will only be $38.82. There isn't an additional fee for the drop off. If you choose to have vehicle insurance, there is an additional fee of $9.99-19.99 depending on the vehiclet that you get.

Apparently, when you drop the car off at Galveston, you will then be shuttled over to the port from what the gal said.

Also, if you have the Entertainment book, there are coupons that you can use. If not, ask for Enterprise to sign you up to their coupon service and you will get coupons each month that you can use when you get your vehicle. You don't have to put a credit card down to hold the car, either, which was nice. They send you a confirmation with all of the information for you to print out and take with you.

Hopefully that will help someone. This information is current as of 10:30 a.m. California time.

I'm looking for my trip at the end of March. I was also quoted the $60 drop off fee. I talked an Enterprise agent at Galveston. She told me that if I don't rent at the airport that I won't get charged the $60. She gave me the address that is closest to Houston Hobby. Can't find the address now. :confused: On Fry Rd. When I find it, I'll post.

Michelle

Today, I phoned Enterprise at 409-740-0700 to book a vehicle for our cruise out of Galveston on April 29. Enterprise no longer has a "drop off fee" in the amount of $40.00. It is now $60.00. To rent a mid-sized car that will accomodate three adults, three large suitcases, three carry-ons and two garment bags. The fee from IAH to Galveston with a drop off on the 29th is $105.16. That includes the rental and the early drop off. The return trip to IAH will only be $38.82. There isn't an additional fee for the drop off. If you choose to have vehicle insurance, there is an additional fee of $9.99-19.99 depending on the vehiclet that you get.

Apparently, when you drop the car off at Galveston, you will then be shuttled over to the port from what the gal said.

Also, if you have the Entertainment book, there are coupons that you can use. If not, ask for Enterprise to sign you up to their coupon service and you will get coupons each month that you can use when you get your vehicle. You don't have to put a credit card down to hold the car, either, which was nice. They send you a confirmation with all of the information for you to print out and take with you.

Hopefully that will help someone. This information is current as of 10:30 a.m. California time.

Hello. 4 of us from So. Cal. are on the 4/29 ROS. We are flying in Swest night b4, and got 1X both ways from Hertz with AAA discount. A bit more $, but on return we pick up the car right at the pier. Are you on ROS?

Hello. 4 of us from So. Cal. are on the 4/29 ROS. We are flying in Swest night b4, and got 1X both ways from Hertz with AAA discount. A bit more $, but on return we pick up the car right at the pier. Are you on ROS?

Can I ask how you know you can pick up your car at the pier? I asked this same question to the lady I reserved my car through at Hertz, and she said I would have to take a shuttle from the pier to the office to pickup my vehicle. She said there is no pier pickup of vehicles.

I then posted a message on this board. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=466739

, and it was confirmed by someone that they indeed had to take a shuttle to get their vehicle.

I'm getting more and more confused!!

Thanks,

Lori

I booked my one way rentals today. From Houston (9001 Frey Rd - not aiport location)to Galveston for 2 days, $81.17. From Galveston to Houston, 1 day 42.35.

Great savings for us as there are 4 of us. :D

was this location near Hobby or Bush? do you have their #? what type of car? I will have four adults with 4 large suitcases, 2 garments and likely 4 carryons. We are arriving Hobby late the night b4, will likely get hotel at airport and get rental Saturday a.m. (from what i have found offsight locations will be closed as well as airport location.

Thanks for your help.

This location is near Hobby. I called the Galveston office and she told me which office to use. I'm sure if you called and asked for Bush they could tell you which office is closet.

Galveston office:Tel.: (409) 740-0700

This is the info for my rental:

Type of Car: INTERMEDIATE

Examples: CHEVY CAVALIER, FORD FOCUS OR SIMILAR

Holds 4 passengers and 3 luggage

Good luck!

Michelle

This location is near Hobby. I called the Galveston office and she told me which office to use. I'm sure if you called and asked for Bush they could tell you which office is closet.

Galveston office:Tel.: (409) 740-0700

This is the info for my rental:

Type of Car: INTERMEDIATE

Examples: CHEVY CAVALIER, FORD FOCUS OR SIMILAR

Holds 4 passengers and 3 luggage

Good luck!

Michelle

I didn't have such great luck; just called the one way rental number for Enterprise in TX and was quoted 130.00 one way (including the 60.00 drop fee) and then 40.00 for the return one way (drop fee waived). Well, that's 170.00, which is more than it would be to just have Galveston Limo shuttle us over; I guess I'll just do that.

I was hoping to rent and get out for about 100.00 total, but no such luck :(

Archived