Non-water excursion options?

cwpsy

My wife is looking for a non-water excursion for this stop, any suggestions? I keep hearing about the baths and snorkeling, but are there any land things to do? Could you rent a motorcycle and tour here? Any ideas are appreciated.

In 8 years of visiting and staying on Tortola I have seen exactly one motorcycle. Not highly recommended unless you have a death wish. Roads thru the mountains are steep, windy and when damp, slippery. If there has been heavy rain you can also expect gravel and rocks from the hill isdes to be in the road. The locals drive with abandon sometimes and remember, you drive on the left and occasionally visitors forget that.

Rent a small 4wd like a Suzuki Sidekick and take a tour. The 4wd will let you get to the less traveled places and is handy if it rains. Or arrange a tour with one of the many taxis at the cruise dock.

Thanks for the heads up on the motorcycles. Not sure what we are going to do yet, sounds like the hiking isn't the best there....maybe we could hook a ride and see another close island...read that in the main post on CC.

Archived