Grandeur - best deck for sailing from New Orleans ???

Some gal friends and I are discussing booking an early '07 cruise out of New Orleans on the Grandeur. We sailed the Splendour of the Seas out of Glaveston last Feb and had a ball.

Only thing - 3 cabins were waaaay forward on deck 2 and I had booked center on deck 7. One rough weather day found the others all hugging the bowl or in the bed, so sick.........thankfully we were ok on deck 7.

My question for those of you who have sailed out of New Orleans.......... I have heard it can be rough getting out to the Gulf and back in again - so we are all prone to sea sickness and need center placement of cabins. If we go with interiors what deck would be best as far as least motion???

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Something lower and mid-ships will minimize the motion--but NOTHING will eliminate it entirely! Start taking Bonine a day or two before you leave, and continue to take it religiously through the cruise. You really shouldn't have much of a problem!!!!

Do NOT book forward or aft cabins, as the motion in either location can be quite erratic--not soothing and rocking!

Thanks, cb. I have the sea bands and Bonine in my travel stash......the Bonine made the 2 of us who took it for our other cruise a bit "light headed" so we quit taking it - the sea bands worked fine for me -- but since we were midship neither of us got ill. I will take both with me and go ahead and take the Bonine the day before "in preparation".

Has anyone cruised out of New Orleans? Just curious if it really is a bit rougher in that narrow passageway -- or just slower.

MY TA is now in the process of getting us booked - we found midship ocean view cabins next to each other on third deck so she is looking at those for us.

Can't wait to hear back from her to know it is official!

Thanks, cb. I have the sea bands and Bonine in my travel stash......the Bonine made the 2 of us who took it for our other cruise a bit "light headed" so we quit taking it - the sea bands worked fine for me -- but since we were midship neither of us got ill. I will take both with me and go ahead and take the Bonine the day before "in preparation".

Has anyone cruised out of New Orleans? Just curious if it really is a bit rougher in that narrow passageway -- or just slower.

MY TA is now in the process of getting us booked - we found midship ocean view cabins next to each other on third deck so she is looking at those for us.

Can't wait to hear back from her to know it is official!

Yes, my wife and I have sailed out of N/Orleans on Nov.04, we did not see any difference there than when we sailed out of Tampa 12-05.3-06, it is cooler there than in Fl. we will be sailing out again from N/Orleans 12-06, my wife has to battle sea sickness, we go to pursor when first board and the sea sick pills they give her works great, just take one a day, she experiences no side effect. Have a great cruise and KEEP GETTING OUT THERE!!!! Ozzie63:D :D :D

Archived